Sign in to follow this  
SoldierIsNotHistory

FAFw - Forces Armées Françaises Workshop

Can we please stop having a go at SARMAT? They've already removed the contested files from their addons.

Why, they contributed to this mod shutting their doors. So if anything my comment was on topic...

I think this should be closed too, FAFw have made their desicion. It is a shame though :(

I think A problem should be taken very seriously and find a solution acceptable to everybody, because if it happens to the French community may think that his or happen to another community in the world, therefore more addons, more life more community and the end of armed :(, I think that is not in the interest of A to see their games games without hits to die because we OFP, ARMA I & II, VBS I & II would not be that it is today and BIS knows!

"Je pense que BIS devrait prendre se problème très aux serieux et trouver une solution acceptable pour tout le monde , car si cela arrive a la communauté française penser que sa peut ou arrivera aux autre communauté dans le monde donc plus d'addons ,plus de vie,plus de communauté et la fin d'arma , je pense que se n'est pas dans l'interet de BIS de voir leur jeux jeux hits mourir car sans nous OFP,ARMA I & II,VBS I &II ne serait pas se qu'il sont aujourd'hui et sa BIS le sait !"

Why does everyone want to close this thread? I think we have the opportunity to solve similar problems encountered by other modding teams, or that they may encouter. Every team is concerned by copyright problems (remember what happened with PUKF or RKSL).

As long this thread stays courteous and respectful, it shouldn't be closed.

Why does everyone want to close this thread? I think we have the opportunity to solve similar problems encountered by other modding teams, or that they may encouter. Every team is concerned by copyright problems (remember what happened with PUKF or RKSL).

As long this thread stays courteous and respectful, it shouldn't be closed.

agree to this

I share the opinion of pretty much most everyone here in that it is a very big disappointment to see them go, but an even bigger disappointment to find out why. Time and time again with the foolish theft of work and for what? The community finds out and they get blocked from releasing their stolen goods and the original creator(s) close up shop for good out of anger and frustration. People need to learn respect--not just for others and their hard work, but for yourself knowing that you are only using the fruits of someone else's labor.

I don't get what the big deal is with contacting people by email or PM. Why all this trying to be sneaky? You only end up busted anyway. This is a community, a many people here are willing to share to an extent but only ask for you to make the easy effort to come right out and ask. If they don't, so what? Then either learn to make it yourself, or ask someone else who may also be working on the thing you want.

Like with me, I've asked a few people for permissions to retexture and use the odd thing here or there for private squad use. I sat down and wrote a message stating flat out and clear what I am asking. Sounds like a lot to the lazy, but honestly it only takes a few minutes and 9.8 out of 10 times, I usually get permission and sometimes even help offered (a bonus!). All it took was, guess? That's right--asking!

Really guys, it doesn't take much effort to show respect to the guys who work hard and simply ask. And yet, here we are...again.

We should be helping each other out instead of trying to steal others work. It only hurts those of us who are honest and want the best for the community. I've had my share of bumps in the road with people here and there, but I still love ArmA and enjoy being in this community. It's just really depressing to know there are people among us who are only out for themselves and to cause harm to the community instead of helping it.

Ah well, that's just my stupid opinion. :(

+1 let all the opinions be expressed.
same er and spot on Betsalel it dus just take a min or to just to ask if it's ok Edited by blazer01

its ok to complain about something thts gone wrong every single person here is entitle to have there say, good or bad, so many people say how they where looking forward to the release that its a shame to see teams close there doors or getting them to carry on, i for one was one of them, but if theres good honest people out there who want to make addon and mods for the right honest reason, then why not regroup set up a new team and start over and show those who still steal that we wont be beaten and forced to close shop? all this talking and complaining wont bring back FAFw but it should encourage us to carry on, i don't think we should be wasting time over something we might not change. i want to see a French mod as much as you people do, but if we are focus else where and feel like we have to watch where are addons go nothing going to get published, i think this is a lesson learned for as all, i a beginner in making add-on and i don't want people losing trust in others, I'm going to need help as much i I'm willing to learn and help other in the future, i think it time to let it go and get this French Mod back to where it should belong and not in the waste bin, sorry for the long speech:o gammers not tht good but it dont stop me trying

Joke of course, sense of humor from an old fan.

I don´t understand french, just saw the words FAFw and OFP2 together and translated it :P

Well, its a shame to see such a good work going down, those models look amazing. Any plans for them?

It's a real shame this project didn't carry on to fruition, but best of luck chaps. Your attention to quality will surely be reflected in other successes outside of ArmA.

Hm... But what was stolen? And by who?

At first its one of the mod released something that may(or may not) be taken from FAFw own work without proper (re)permission, FAFw then closed its doors and goes on saying that their work have also beed stolen by some ex-members of OFrP to his own use and get a job related to VBS which ends up showing to the public in some france business expo while BI offical said that they get permission for release, what we do not know is if the release content really is stolen.

This is a bad week for the french community: now, the biggest french forum (ArmA-Fr.net) is closing his doors.

This story has really killed some of us :(

Loved the mods for OFP and Arma1, shame we won't see these in Arma2.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Southy

Have to agree with most others here, sorry to hear your closing shop, was really looking forward to the stuff you had been working on.

Totally agree with Betsalel though, a PM is all it takes.

Good luck in the future with whatever you choose to do.

i wanted answer it yesterday, i write long answer but i resigned, cause it was loo long :)

but case is simple - some people that not make anything themselves, do not understand how many hours is such vehicle for example

FAF makes better addons than me, so if i spent on pack of vehicles (4-5 tanks/apc for example ???) 300 hours (researches, modelling, UV appying, creating textures, creating NOHQ, SMDI, config, sounds, optic reticle, balistics....) , how much have they spent ?

much more

if we work in job 170 hours monthly (22 days ca 8 hours daily) for XXX Euro, than what is value of "credit" for let's say 400 hours of work ?

some people act like 8 years old kids "i want, you must give me, i want, i demand"

some act like "all is crap" , some act like "addon good when i will release him, give me MLODs or i will bash all you do"

free of charge job requires motivation, if FAF lost motivation, nothing left and they decided like they decided to "punish" community in some kind

punish, cause they found that some community not value their work, shame that punished also those who understand their efford, but okay, i understand they had enough looking at past in many mods that collapsed

some answers after FAF statement made me yesterday angry

philosophy "someone must to give" here can only piss off addonmakers , i believe that FAF members could be angry

cause many people and people who import from other games, do not realize how much hours/days/weeks is to do something

thats why i wrote "some poeple", cause rest understand others people effort :)

those are really hundreds of hours , whole weekends and evenings spent by PC instead of any other activity

Edited by vilas

i wanted answer it yesterday, i write long answer but i resigned, cause it was loo long :)

Whilst you do raise good points Vilas, the way that FAFW left the community was poor. Yes, their work was possibly stolen, but blaming everyone under the sun and calling people who don't make addons idiots as they did is not the way to go about terminating a project.

Simon, you misenderstood what SoldierIsHistory meant. He was just criticizing people who don't make addons and stole other people's works instead.

The real problem that FAFw rise (if i have understood) is the fact that they have created models from scratch. These models belong to BI (cause of licence, use of 02) and BI/Vbs can sell it for military purposes without giving anything to the original creator (BI plz tell me if they r wrong).

And this would be the same for all modders team, who create free stuffs which can be used by VBS to make money by selling to Armies without retributing to original creators.

I m not accusing BI/VBS, i m just telling what i ve understood from the FAFw team . Plz light me up if i m wrong. I hope i didn t transform the speech from FAfw, if it s the case sry.