Sign in to follow this  
SoldierIsNotHistory

FAFw - Forces Armées Françaises Workshop

Once again Sarmat have gone and stole someone elses work, im removing their AN2 as we speak. I dont want to have a mod on my PC from people who STEAL other peoples work.

So what ? this is communist land here or what ? If that guy spend hundred hours on modding, it is his right to not wish to share his work ...

What's funny is how people who do the less are always the most eager to say "let's help each other" "gimme ya work" and other bullshit..

I can understand such reaction, I would hate to see so much disrespect toward my work.

Even if I'm terribly sad, they'll probably never release it... Last hope for us to play our army being French Forces on Project Reality.

Sorry but you got the community thing all twist up. I dont see how you can understand an reaction like that, in there much spent hours to there work why let an little thing of some one useing an model that i mind you; was credit to them, but they seen it as game over. How could you see it as disrespect if its credit to you? All mods and addons release to the community im vary happy for i do not hag on any bodys work to say "gimme ya work." You sure do talk that BS as i see it.

I dont see how you can understand an reaction like that, in there much spent hours to there work why let an little thing of some one useing an model that i mind you; was credit to them, but they seen it as game over.

They were never credited and that's the problem. If you don't get permission, then you don't use that material. Should be quite simple.

Did you really take a look here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=93220

...and then you might guess why Lodu/FAFw have stopped making addons/mods. :rolleyes:

My best guess is that he didn't.

Anyway, i felt sorry for FAFw guys, these kind of crap have been happened many times (RKSL for example) and seems never ending:(

And for those who still dont understand: These modders spend time, energy, passion and hard working(or Blood, sweat and tears if you like) on to making things that is release free to the players, it is 120% up to themself to release without allowing others to take their model to creat new unit or mod pack, or to simply share it to those who wanted to(which will be stated in release note/post/read-me), and it should be the basic respect for any modders(copycat without permission excluded) to "ask first" before doing anything with someone else hardworking, and giving credit if allowed or the source is open-source to start with.

Ok so a bunch of dudes steal your work so you quit? What about us?

You are hard with people :'(

My best guess is that he didn't.

Anyway, i felt sorry for FAFw guys, these kind of crap have been happened many times (RKSL for example) and seems never ending:(

And for those who still dont understand: These modders spend time, energy, passion and hard working(or Blood, sweat and tears if you like) on to making things that is release free to the players, it is 120% up to themself to release without allowing others to take their model to creat new unit or mod pack, or to simply share it to those who wanted to(which will be stated in release note/post/read-me), and it should be the basic respect for any modders(copycat without permission excluded) to "ask first" before doing anything with someone else hardworking, and giving credit if allowed or the source is open-source to start with.

I totally agree with how these guys feel. especially as a modder who has been ripped off before. Most people do not realize the simple time that goes into this stuff. time away from family, work, etc. time your wife threatens to leave you over because you get so passionate about what your working on you never leave the computer for the entire weekend.

in the end its true that the people who contribute nothing but snide comments on the forum want everything given to the community. continued theft has whittled the addon maker community down. if this garbage continues mabee everyone will have to rely on BIS to bring them thier new content.

Really sad news for us. We regret this decision and wish you all the best.

Yours faithfully, Division spezielle Opeationen

Take that or leave, thats the thing you can do, afterall, its still their work

Sad day? Hell yeah, but thats not unreasonable to start with

I can't believe it. I was sooo looking forward to this mod. Really is a shame. :(

Take that or leave, thats the thing you can do, afterall, its still their work

Sad day? Hell yeah, but thats not unreasonable to start with

No doubt. What about us? Screw us, what about them?(The Authors)

They're the ones that got their stuff stolen. Since when are they making this stuff solely for us? We ain't paying them, if so it's a different story.

Unbelievable comment!

They were never credited and that's the problem. If you don't get permission, then you don't use that material. Should be quite simple.

From what i took in that it's been credit to him. As in the simpler part they got in touch via PM and thats were they had there part. As Lodu and there team, they would not like to give that modle up or help in any way. Thats there right. But as the other side took to note and took on new modles and work, Lodu did not. Now Lodu would like to call it quits cause of an little mess up. Well thats there right also.

I can't believe it. I was sooo looking forward to this mod. Really is a shame. :(

Neither can I. So was I.

No ride in the sunset in Leclerc MBT or AMX 10RC...

Sough... C'est trop triste... :(

Edited by schroeder

ban.gif

Standing 100% behind FAFw. Seeing what quality stuff they have been making the last months, i can understand how they are feeling. There isn't much they can do...same happens in the real world folks. Boycot, all the way!!

Yes it will effect those who were looking forward to the french stuff. But lets hope this opens new eyes that theft simply isn't tollerated.

Like most boycots, eventually the calm will return. Since it appears FAFw has big talent and the modelling is inside their blood....i guess there is a big change they will come back (lets hope). Anyway, again supporting these boycots 100% and i respect whatever decision they will make.

Good luck.

So please stop the complaining. They don't own you anything, not even a single pixel...period? If you can't understand that, go blame the guilty ones who caused this.

Well it is sad to see them go, but the copy right thing is going to far. Its mods and addon makers rights to release it to the community and there rights not to. So to say that one person used your little addon or model but gave you the credit for it, and still cry about it is well.... funny. Thats showing you that you would not like to work with the community. As from what i seen is that they did not like some one useing there work for the better but was credit for that but still it was not good for them. Even if that person change there modle and said that they will not use it. "Community thats what it is," lets help each other out!

So what you say is, you don't find it a problem if somebody stole (didn't asked...) something you still have to release? Also see how others worship those who steal stuff...

Again, you can't judge from the sideline.

Please use some common sense mate and put yourself in the situation with something you are dear to.

And please don't come here with that "Community thats what it is," lets help each other out!"

Examples like these (lack of respect for each other) is what is killing the community, even not excepting others decisions.

Edited by DaSquade

man i was looking foward to this mod what a bummer all that quality

punish the steelers let it be known who they are:sneaky2::fighting:

Edited by SuperRat

by this logic everyone whos work is rip off, stolen or pirated should 'give up' when they discovers 'Nth' instance of the 'bad guys' ...

it's sad, it's arrogant, it's bad, it's unfair, it's sometimes crime or on edge (and anyone who 'create' will hate that to happen)

but the better stuff Your release the higher chance is that someone will rip Your work off ... (and so You must live with the state of affairs)

anyone who can will support the original maker if they know (but if You give up how they would know who was original author ?)

IMHO giving up is admiting the bad ones are winners ... (i dont like bad guys to win unless it's just virtual one)

so best wishes to w/e project You going to

p.s. afaik the solid community sites and BI forums will always delist the 'bad apples'

Edited by Dwarden

Thats showing you that you would not like to work with the community. As from what i seen is that they did not like some one useing there work for the better but was credit for that but still it was not good for them. Even if that person change there modle and said that they will not use it. "Community thats what it is," lets help each other out!

Well, if the so-called community has nothing better to do than to use stuff without permission (with or without giving credits) then fuck the 'community'. And in the case of FAFw we get what we deserve - nothing.

And after almost 10 years of addons for OFP/ARMA 2 we´re still not able to react to theft properly, i.e. to boycot the groups who are responsible for this.

Sad, just sad...

100% support for the decision of the FAFw team!

by this logic everyone whos work is rip off, stolen or pirated should 'give up' when they discovers 'Nth' instance of the 'bad guys' ...

it's sad, it's arrogant, it's bad, it's unfair, it's sometimes crime or on edge (and anyone who 'create' will hate that to happen)

but the better stuff Your release the higher chance is that someone will rip Your work off ... (and so You must live with the state of affairs)

anyone who can will support the original maker if they know (but if You give up how they would know who was original author ?)

IMHO giving up is admiting the bad ones are winners ... (i dont like bad guys to win unless it's just virtual one)

so best wishes to w/e project You going to

I totaly agree, is it really worth to kill this project?

So, could anyone explain to me how did the models get stolen?

maybe some one who offered to beta test used them to his "advantage"

Let me translate a post i made on french community forum with my poor english:

Fair community?

Stolen from inside by ex OFrP member TMB who don't forget to take everything on olf OFrP ftp, to create a contatc network in french army (yes it's easy with french camo on VBS2) and who is now the french official BIA contact. You get it?

Stolen from outside like Sarmat, other member, in fact i can write the list because i don't remember but there is some, using work without any care of who made this work. And now going to be the community member 2009 awarded? You get it?

Stolen by offical, who saying that they really don't know from who their sources are coming, but conitnue to use unauthorized work to promote VBS2 (here is a french Cadeau bonux). Authorized? Mwa we (as stupid morrons) have arma 2 to play and mod. You get it?

Bored to see that some french company are waiting for FAFw release to go adverstising their weel-made solution of VBS2 running french content to french army. You get it?

Sceptic while seing ArmA 2 / VBS2 becoming the same game/software, making easier to take ArmA 2 mod and play with it in VBS2 (ctrl+c, ctrl+v). You get it?

Bored to loosing more time to find a solution to protect our work instead of doing our addons. You get it?

Fair community? Muahahah... mellow.gif

I wish you an happy new year

It makes me sick, i never thought i would see that kind of behavior in a gaming community.

I support you and your team SINH

Thank you for an explanation, so we know what happend,but sad to hear this. Thats really anyoing :-(

Edited by Clawhammer