Sign in to follow this  
SoldierIsNotHistory

FAFw - Forces Armées Françaises Workshop

I wanna add something before leaving the building.

F**k you all guys who don't have enough brain to create their own addons, models, textures... like some guys who are populating this forum, big companys and people, official one or not, who support this kind of behaviour, or closing their eyes and let things appens...

this shows the how great is your income in this community.

F**k you all guys who don't have enough brain to create their own addons, models, textures... like some guys who are populating this forum, big companys and people, official one or not, who support this kind of behaviour, or closing their eyes and let things appens..

any way to be less vague and explain what happened instead of straight up insulting everyone?

Probably a copyright issue. In which case, 100% behind FAFw.

EDIT : And no, they are not insulting "everyone". Read it with this copyright thing in mind

Edited by whisper

So did someone steal FAFw work? Damn that's bad if it's the issue.

But at that point I would actually work even harder for release and make sure the work gets proper recognition. But I understand your reaction and decisision.

:'( Noooooooooo! I was looking forward to this mod soo much :( If it is due to IP though, then im 100% understand.

:oops:

F**k you all guys who don't have enough brain to create their own addons, models, textures... like some guys who are populating this forum, big companys and people, official one or not, who support this kind of behaviour, or closing their eyes and let things appens...

F**k you too ... and sorry if not everyone in this forum are smart like u :oops:

From a google translation of the last news post on the mod's website, they are "tired of the constant controversy surrounding this mod" and attacks on the mod.

well thats news to me. would anyone care to shed some light on this?

why is he taking it out on people who don't have the tools or motivation to create addons? are they responsible for what happened to this mod?

very interesting turn of events. reminds me of kju's breakdown.

edit: this is translated from announcement on their homepage:

"We've reached a point of fatigue that prevents us from continuing further. We know that your frustration will be high, but the drawbacks inherent in the modding ARMA2 largely explained on this forum, which we have no control, compel us to conclude the adventure. In addition, recent attacks on the work done by us have also reasoned that withdrawal, with weapons and baggage. In clear: the mod addons fafw not come out in any software whatsoever ( arma, ARMA2, its future extensions, VBS2 in its different versions and, more generally, any software capable to develop this work). This post has no right answer: it is purely informative, precisely because we are tired of the constant controversy surrounding this mod. I wish you all the best."

Edited by zachanscom

well thats news to me. would anyone care to shed some light on this?

No doubt! I've never seen an ounce of trouble on these forums. How can they blame/yell at us for never even seeing them around these parts. Must be some stuff we've never heard or been part of. Too bad though. These guys are fantastic.

Sad to see this project go to waste:(

It would be good if we could get a proper explanation as to what the hell happened:confused:

Well it is sad to see them go, but the copy right thing is going to far. Its mods and addon makers rights to release it to the community and there rights not to. So to say that one person used your little addon or model but gave you the credit for it, and still cry about it is well.... funny. Thats showing you that you would not like to work with the community. As from what i seen is that they did not like some one useing there work for the better but was credit for that but still it was not good for them. Even if that person change there modle and said that they will not use it. "Community thats what it is," lets help each other out!

Agree with u there

And IMHO it's not a good reason to stop the project ur creating, bet the french community are not happy and also the rest of us. How will they get credited in any way now.

Would of been good to have this addon, some of the equipment looked awesome

The french community is somewhat disappointed (well at last I am). It's their choices anyway, too bad they don't give their work to someone enough motivated to complete their work. The french army deserves to have some units modeled and it's equipement too. Even based on an USMC model for the men.

Seems like, we will stick to the famas (nicely) done by Christian.1987...

Well it is sad to see them go, but the copy right thing is going to far. Its mods and addon makers rights to release it to the community and there rights not to. So to say that one person used your little addon or model but gave you the credit for it, and still cry about it is well.... funny. Thats showing you that you would not like to work with the community. As from what i seen is that they did not like some one useing there work for the better but was credit for that but still it was not good for them. Even if that person change there modle and said that they will not use it. "Community thats what it is," lets help each other out!

1in1class you say exactly what comes in my mind too.

@FAFw what do you think is really the worst case? Someone is playing around with some parts of your models or the whole project dies? I saw a lot of detail on these Screens and the quality was amazing do you really want to let this stuff die because of the stupidy of some people?

This could be one of the most amazing mods for ARMA2 and you just close it? Thats sick!

Edited by Clawhammer

So what ? this is communist land here or what ? If that guy spend hundred hours on modding, it is his right to not wish to share his work ...

What's funny is how people who do the less are always the most eager to say "let's help each other" "gimme ya work" and other bullshit..

I can understand such reaction, I would hate to see so much disrespect toward my work.

Even if I'm terribly sad, they'll probably never release it... Last hope for us to play our army being French Forces on Project Reality.

Edited by dunedain

MERDE!

Damn this news sucks total ass. I understand the motivations of FAF though, having your stuff ripped off by the ethically bankrupt does pretty much remove the only motivation that volunteer mod creators have.

Just a shame to see another awesome mod bite the dust over this kind of thing, first PUKF & now FAF... Damn, so much quality moddage gone in an instant. :(

Sad to hear that. But yes I would be angry too if someone dont care to ask the author for permission to use and release his work. Wish you the best!

But its even worse to see that some people here seem to support copycats as long as they get addons/mods to play with.

Thanks to BIS and forum moderators to keep an eye on who is working on his own stuff and who is using them from others without proper permissions/credits.

The importance of trusting testers. And ofcourse whatever dip-sh*ts that uses unfinished addons publicaly doesnt help much.

Sad to see this mod be unreleased. Their addons/mods were always superb. :(

Thanks to BIS and forum moderators to keep an eye on who is working on his own stuff and who is using them from others without proper permissions/credits.

What should they do? They only can do something if someone is saying "Hey they use my parts" How do they know whats stolen whats not stolen? There is nothing that Moderator or Bi Members can do. They only can lock the Mirrors if something was stolen and i never saw that this methode goes in the wrong direction, because mirrors are only up again if all people agree.

DOWNLOAD:

1а) Additional objects:

Link removed

1) Russian Airborne troops (VDV) package in 3 part (140mb):

Link removed

2) mirror Russian Airborne troops (VDV) package in 1 part (140mb):

Link removed

3) mirror Russian Airborne troops (VDV) package in 1 part (140mb):

Link removed

All Links are removed thread locked, no download until everythink is arranged. More can BI or the Moderators not do, now its up to Lodu and Sarmat to solve their differences.

Edited by Clawhammer