Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

OK

I apologise if this has been answered previously but I really don't wanna trawl through 15 pages to maybe find an answer.

I have ARMA 1 and Queens Gambit installed on My PC as well as ARMA 2 do I still have to download the entire CAA1 package?

I have a working version of Sahrani and Porto in my ARMA2 install (I copied a shitload of files over to my ARMA 2 Install) but I get a few error when playing.

Does the CAA1 package fix these errors?

Cheers

SD

OK

I apologise if this has been answered previously but I really don't wanna trawl through 15 pages to maybe find an answer.

I have ARMA 1 and Queens Gambit installed on My PC as well as ARMA 2 do I still have to download the entire CAA1 package?

I have a working version of Sahrani and Porto in my ARMA2 install (I copied a shitload of files over to my ARMA 2 Install) but I get a few error when playing.

Does the CAA1 package fix these errors?

Cheers

SD

Yes it fixes all those errors

Hi,

Sorry if this is repetitive, but I just installed the CAA1 mod...the islands are absolutely gorgeous with the exception of a few incidences where some of the shadows appear to be underground and weird and such.

HOWEVER, I noticed that the Russian soldiers speak in English. I thought that was just me hearing things initially, but then I loaded Utes and put myself and two other Russian soldiers on the island and the same problem re-surfaced: my character speaks Russian, and the Russians respond with the appropriate English text, but the voice in English too instead of Russian. I don't have any other addons or mod folders being run in addition to the CAA1, and this problem goes away if I don't initialize ArmA 2 with the CAA1 mod. Can somebody tell me what's wrong, or, better yet, how I can fix this problem? Thanks in advance! :bounce3:

@ dingyisun

Use high or very high shadows.

I was not able to replicate the voice problem. So unless someone gives me a repro

that makes it happen here too, not much I can do. :)

@ Soupdragon

In short yes. Of course you can try to DL one by one and see once you get it to work,

yet that requires at least a basic understanding of the inner details.

First of all, thanks for all the work you put on this, it is amazing to play on the original arma maps. :D

HOWEVER, I noticed that the Russian soldiers speak in English. I thought that was just me hearing things initially, but then I loaded Utes and put myself and two other Russian soldiers on the island and the same problem re-surfaced: my character speaks Russian, and the Russians respond with the appropriate English text, but the voice in English too instead of Russian. I don't have any other addons or mod folders being run in addition to the CAA1, and this problem goes away if I don't initialize ArmA 2 with the CAA1 mod. Can somebody tell me what's wrong, or, better yet, how I can fix this problem? Thanks in advance! :bounce3:

Yep, I seem to have the same problem.

I was not able to replicate the voice problem. So unless someone gives me a repro

that makes it happen here too, not much I can do.

Here is a simple way that I have used to replicate the problem, just load an island (any will do), add a Mi-24, set the player as gunner, the special to flying and just add a simple move waypoint wherever you want. You'll notice that your character speaks russian but the chopper pilot speaks english.

In several tests I ran, it seems that the group/vehicle leader speaks using the Male01EN voice.

Hopefully that'll help.

Ok so ive uploaded the file to our server but how do i edit our ArmA2Server.exe with the line of code to make it work properly? ie where does this -mod=beta;x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1 go on the ArmA2Server.exe please help

Give this a good read - especially "Stage Four" - which covers the command line stuff, including adding mods...

You should end up with something like this in your arma2server.exe shortcut...

"[drive letter]\[path to arma2]\ArmA2Server.exe" -port=2302 -name=[nameofserver] -config=[path]\server.cfg -cfg=[path]\Arma2.cfg -profiles=[path] -mod=x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1;@anothermod;@etc

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I have a problem with Avgani, the ground textures are green instead of desert. I know some others had this problem, was it every discovered why?

Thank you so much for this mod! Performance on United Sahrani is sooooo much better than Cherno it actually makes playing the game worthwhile.

Nice one

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does this work with the Steam version of the game? Seems like you have to modify shortcuts which causes ArmA 2 to stop launching for me, I can't simply download it myself and try due to bandwidth limits, so yeah please reply. Mod looks amazing :D

Seems like you have to modify shortcuts

But you can modify that under steam if you right click on the Game -> Properties -> Startup Parameters and then add there the things you want to... like -nosplash and -mod=@vop2.1 or whatever =)

But you can modify that under steam if you right click on the Game -> Properties -> Startup Parameters and then add there the things you want to... like -nosplash and -mod=@vop2.1 or whatever =)
Tried that with Operation Northstar mod but thanks, I'll download this mod now.

Thank you so much for this mod! Performance on United Sahrani is sooooo much better than Cherno it actually makes playing the game worthwhile.

Nice one

Dang right it is my whole clans going nuts for it and thanks for the pointers to all for setting it up on a dedi server have fun in Saharni all:bounce3:

wow guys this is a great mod. Seeing Sahrani again was like seeing an old friend. I was even able to load up Avgani and Afghan village with no problem. Only issue with those two maps is there is no fog line so views are spectacular. Shows an error about no weather for these maps. Something like that

Do we still need Durg's Vegetation fix on the A1 islands ?

Thanks

Do we still need Durg's Vegetation fix on the A1 islands ?

Thanks

Ooh yeah, nice question. And, can Durg's addon even be used?

Question of my own - can I retrofit my HTTP download install into a Yoma Addon Sync install?

I guess that it will still have the same effect in a1, yes.

In a few weeks most likely PROPER plants will be available.

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

> can I retrofit my HTTP download

I guess you mean, if you can update via YAS a HTTP / exe install, right?

Yes you can. If you did not modify the location, it should work out of the box.

Otherwise ticket the option "try to create hard links (instead of copying files)".

I am trying to update my CAA1 via Yoma and all downloads "MD5 Failed" not sure, is there something wrong with the server files?