Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

Ok i updated my last mission set and polished them abit.. the result...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1422736#post1422736

Please give some feedback about those after u played them, thanks :)

Hope someone can figure out how to get the campaigns to work.

Making some decent progress on the A1 campaign. Biggest issues to overcome still is the AI on roads (game breaking for some missions) and probably need to rewrite how the previous mission state is saved. The rest is working pretty nicely already. Could always use some extra help with betatesting the campaign, finetune missions for MicroAI and assisting with script issues. Feel free to drop by the OAC spot @ devheaven to sign up :)

Edited by Herr_kalashnikov

Eek, didn't notice until I had already downloaded it - a 1.7 gb big .exe file? What were you thinking? :( Is there any way to open this without running the stupid exe file, since a file this big generally crashes/locks my computer? Either that or it takes for-fucking-ever for it to open.

'onest, .exe file? You guys would be the last I'd imagine making that particular faux-pas...

Regards,

Wolfrug

Is there any way to open this without running the stupid exe file, since a file this big generally crashes/locks my computer? Either that or it takes for-fucking-ever for it to open.

Heh don't u love the way Vista preloads setups which require administrator rights :/ I suggest disabling UAC or start the exe from a command box (with full admin rights). U can also try the YAS method of downloading it's pretty neat for checking updates to.

Is there any way to open this without running the stupid exe file.....

Use 7zip :bounce3:

so)

at finally a can say my WOW! OMG! an huge thanx for huge job))

at second 1q)

how we're can disable default arma2 grass on arma1 islands?? o)

Eek, didn't notice until I had already downloaded it - a 1.7 gb big .exe file? What were you thinking? :( Is there any way to open this without running the stupid exe file, since a file this big generally crashes/locks my computer? Either that or it takes for-fucking-ever for it to open.

'onest, .exe file? You guys would be the last I'd imagine making that particular faux-pas...

Regards,

Wolfrug

They were thinking "let's give users multiple ways to get the files", so noone feels left out, starts nagging about what not to do.

They were allso thinking "we cannot make this much smaller, it's just a lot of data".

Try opening the exe with 7z i bet it will just open :-)

I was wondering if there will be a fix to the game using arma 1 backgrounds after leaving the editor?

@ Wolfrug

Just rename the installer to .7z and extract with the mention app. ;)

How would you call an exe installer other than installer?

@ Nikita

You mean you want a2 clutter on a1 worlds right?

@ papoose244

Again you are speaking of world intros. These are no backgrounds.

If you do not like them, remove the caa1_c_enableClassicalIslandIntros.pbo. ;)

kju i still have arma 1 worlds leaving the editor after deleting those files caa1_c_enableClassicalIslandIntros.pbo.

caa1_c_enablePorto.pbo.caa1_2009_08_26.bisign

Its the nature of the engine to display the "cutscene intro" (if any), of the currently loaded world after you exit the editor... (if theres no cutscene, I think it just shows the world)... It shows wherever you were last - in other words... been like that since OFP if I remember correctly...

If you don't like it for some reason, the easiest way to fix it is to click on "load - Utes - New Mission - OK - THEN exit the editor = sorted

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Nice mod loving it already cept, how an is it possible to play this on my dedi server? Is there a dedi server version for this?

Hi guys dumb ass question how do you get it to run ona dedicated server do we need to upload the whole caa1 thign or just the domi mission were a bit confused.

Server and client both need to be running the same version of CAA1 and OAC...

Upload both to your server, and add the same -mod parameters to your server.exe as you did to your local clients arma.exe... Should work fine then...

Cool beans TY for the timely reply I'm lovin ArmA1 with the ArmA2 feel just can't what to see the two come together in more ways, hands down just awsome! Are u guys planning or is someone doing the sakaka or what ever town map that is called? ACE? Kudos

Kirk

Keep an eye on this page to see what other arma 1 islands people have tested and got working...

There's also OFPIP... if you installed CAA1 using the ezee Yoma Sync route you'll find it to be an identical (and MUCH smaller) autodownload... that'll give you just about every OFP island I can remember... working in Arma2 in just the same way CAA1 does (NB: Islands only - no units) there's a LOT... - Theres a Mission Repository too.....

Cool yeah i just spent the last half hr flying over Saharani in F35:yay: Next gonna test a mission I made for fun with 100+Tanks charging a lonely lil US platoon :butbut::bounce3:

Hi

Thanks for this Project.

I've been trying several arma1 mods. Some give me a error message when entering arma2. Like this: Addon "XXXXX" requires version "X.XX" of application.

Do this refers that the addon is looking for the version "X.XX" of the arma1 executable?

Is there any easy walk around to this?

Thanks

PLebre

you're 100% correct...!

First thing to try is to de-pbo the addon... somewhere in there you'll see a "config.cpp" or, more likely, a "config.bin" file...

(If it's a "config.bin" you'll need a "derapify" tool to convert it to a .cpp - which you can open in notepad...)

Somewhere near the beginning of the config you'll find a "required version=" line... change that to "1.03" - pbo the addon back up again and give it another try - there will almost certainly be other issues depending on the addon you're playing with, but that should at least get it loaded.....

@ PLebre

As written somewhere in the docu, just ignore these warnings. Just click OK.

They do not affect the game. No need to mess with configs due to this.

THanks, Bushlurker.

Do you know what tool is needed to de-pbo?

Thanks, kju.

Ok, I know, but in the causes i am refering, the addon don't show on.