Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

Well said Drew, we all have our own views, and these forums should respect that, hell thats what forums are about, help, opinions, suggstions, and different poins of view, democracy's real cool when done right.

This is the sort of comment that puts people off making useful tools or addons for this community. Someone provides you with a tool, you say you don't want to download it, which is fair enough. Then someone suggests an alternative, and you complain about that as well. Then, you start attacking someone's hard work, which they provide to you for free. It's really sad that people put in so much time and effort and get ripped apart by ungrateful idiots.

Anyway, ontopic: Kju, I tried fiddling around with the midDetailTexture on Avgani, and it didn't seem to get rid of the ground texture bug. But then, I tried a suggestion (I think it was from Binkowski) to change the ingame time, and this made the bug less noticeable. This causes me to believe that the bug could be a shadow bug? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this, might find a fix for it soon. :D

Ok, how am I attacking YAS? Please show me where in my post that I "attacked" him....You can't because I didn't. If you think because I said I wasnt downloading it I'm "attacking him" than I really do feel sorry for you. Please show me where I complained, again you can't hence your post was really not necessary in this matter. Flame on.

Fair enough:

wow so many angry people lol

Here you attack people for having a different opinion, by calling them angry, and:

I guess next time I'll download YAS, NOT! lol. :rolleyes::D

Here you make a sarcastic comment about YAS, which last time I checked was a form of attack.

lol you are taking this way too out of context it seems,I'll take the time to explain it to you since I have nothing beter to do at the moment.

Yes it seems people are angry because I want a straight forward download & not an updater, hence the flame baiting.

Where do you get a sarcastic comment about Yoma at all from this?? I said it to merely state a point that next time I'll download it so all the anger from the community can be directed towards someone else for wanting a straight forward download. I suppose its sarcasim to an extent, but not in a hurtful/demeaning fashion... I have no problem with Yoma ( which apparently you think I do :j:) I'm sure his tool is great but again, I'm just more of a straight-forward person.

Edited by Drew

Ty JW, I'll piss about with it if I have some time but as of right now I cant be arsed, maybe later when I get home.

Drew, never my intention to flame. I tried to explain that from the "nature" of caa1 there are many updates now and then, small and big. They are not announced here either so for anyone to browse that list now and then take alot of time and effort..

Anyroad, as you can dl separate files and know what you need there is no problem. I do however friendly suggest you to take some time and learn YAS someday :) It is a fantastic tool that, hopefully, more servers will start to use.

@ Simon C

From what I recall, the problem does not occur when you do not use the caa1_afghani files.

One needs to investigate if thats true (for little different times of day).

If it is, one can check what is different between the both versions and narrow it down.

Now back on topic.

I have downloaded the pbo which supposedly makes available the ALICE and SILVIE modules but I have tried them in Sahrani and South Sahrani but I haven't seen civilians popping up.

Does anyone have had the same problem ?

BTW, thanks for bringing up again sweet memories from Arma 1. Certainly A1 islands look much better in Arma 2

Hi all frist of all thank you a lot for nice work...

I really appreciate the possibility to use the "Old" arma worlds...

I try to use M113 and Vulcan and are they are too "lightweight" It's easy to flip and result is ... UNDRIVABLE

I notice the OIL DERRICK near Cayo are not animated, instead of Normal Arma are animated.

I quote the IDEA to set the "Classic Plants as default" and I give you some reasons... I use Classic one but I need to move everytime I want check upgrade on YOMA.. is not a big trouble but if is not a problem to you set the Classic as default I will appreciate...

pratical reasons:

1. the terrain is green... and there is no sinergy from autumn plants and spring green grass...

2. The Loading progress is more visible to light brown .. brown when you fly.. The green tree LOD is less noticeable

3. Some time I hit autum plant and no effect I was able to fly trhougt some plants

4. Original Saharani as green tree ;)

OK...

I've experimented a bit further with civ-spawning - with mixed results...

I added appropriate "neighbors" parameters for all Sahrani towns to the config patch Kju posted...

You can get that HERE... if you'd like to try it out - it's basically just Kju's file with "neighbor" parameters added for all Sahrani towns only (not Sara Lite as yet) - each town now has between one and three "neighbors" which, theoretically, should mean the inhabitants should have a vague idea of activity in areas beyond their own... theoretically... ;)

To test this I ran the game - as described in my previous post on this topic... standard arma2, CBA, caa1, oac, and this test .pbo in a modfolder tacked on the end of the shortcut...

I placed myself in NE Corazol and a bunch of Ruskies in Modesta... dumped a standard ALICE ambient civilian module on the map and hit preview...

Firstly - in some towns you can stand there all day and not see a civilian... annoyingly, this applies to quite a lot of the bigger towns, whereas in the small villages theres sometimes quite a few... After a bit of wandering and experimenting I figure it's down to appropriate houses for the civs to spawn from... The bigger towns are largely full of apartment blocks, those flat roofed sort of "blockhouses", shops, etc... Civs don't seem to spawn out of those buildings at all - therefore very few and sometimes no civs in bigger towns...

In smaller locations where theres a lot of this style of house...

civ_hoose.jpg

... the civs seem to spawn OK - though for some reason they often seem quite frightened and just dash back indoors, or cringe on the spot like the crone in the pic above...

So - it seems that only some of the "housey" type houses will spawn civs... (models classified by the engine as "house"? - as opposed to "apartment_block" or something??)

I had a brief word with that particular crone - she provided options for talking about Targets or the Weather... For "Targets" she reported other civilians, plus said she knew of some "units" - but not where...

Thats interesting since the "units" were presumably the Russian Group I'd dumped in the neighbouring town, though obviously she lacked the capability to name the town or refer to it meaningfully...

I tried again - this time - posing as a civilian - I had a wander thru Modesta where the Rusky group actually was... a small town with the appropriate houses - there were civs there too - also cringing a lot... I spoke to another - this time she correctly reported having seen an "Eastern AT Soldier"...

Just as another test I d/l'd the JTD Ambient Civ Traffic addon, dropped it in my testing modfolder along with the CAA1 civs file and went back to try the same scenario - added the JTD module on the map along with the ALICE one and - preview...

ALICE is obviously working fine as far as the Traffic module is concerned - at least a couple of vehicles spawn and start driving around - no problems... the drivers all seem to be armed to the teeth and attack my poor russian testgroup on sight - every time :D... wierdly - the russians never seem to defend themselves either??

Anyway - the biggest single problem with the "neighbors" parameter is that the civilians seem to lack the text and audio assets to actually tell you where they've seen things - thats tricky, since to fully emulate the Chernarus system someone would need to make a text and possibly even audio patch that gave the civs all the appropriate names to say.. A LOT of work, though theoretically possible for a determined custom island maker I guess...

However - I think that at least they're trying to tell you that the "Targets" they report might actually now refer to neighbouring villages as well as their own...

Not much progress I guess... still - ALICE IS definitely working OK - hampered only by a distinct lack of appropriate buildings in some areas - which can mean noticably fewer civs spawning than in a comparable Chernarus town...

...and the JTD Civ Traffic is working too...

Technically - as long as suitable houses are already present on the map- existing user-made islands should only require a patching config similar to this one to add basic ALICE spawning capability at least... tedious, but straightforward enough.

I presume forthcoming islands will all feature basic ALICE support too, now that we seem to have figured out the spawning at least :).

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Also a little request/suggestion ( not really important but wuold be nice )

Can you use the Cyborg Littlebird and remove all the files from CAA1 for Littlebirds and Camels

I use Cyborg Littlebirds&Camels and works fine with double machine gun tracer fix...

Also the new striker package can be setup on the CAA1 mod

If I can do something to help you in CAA1 development or Test tell me, I'll try to do for this really nice Addon.

Thank you from lot of Italian Arma Player that play and fun ArmA 1 world in Arma2 engine

Rubber

@ Bushlurker

Thats for the extensive testing!

You could enlarge the radius for the large towns. That way there is a higher percentage

for the scripts to find suitable buildings I guess. May cause some FPS drop though.

For the rest I don't have much experience with the modules ingame, so cannot comment

the other parts.

Looking at the FSM to see what it does in detail, probably would help a lot.

@ Rubber

Please report issues here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cbp-caa1/issues

Does YAS overwrite the plantsClassic.pbo?

After thinking about it, you only need to move it, if either it or the caa1_p_plants.pbo

gets updating. You can easily unselect to download the file on an update.

About the M113 - are you sure you tested CAA1 and not the standalone release of

the M113??

modEmMaik fixed the weight for them. Just tested again ingame.

By driving straight and hard break they no longer fall over. The way they lift off

seems to be realistic. You can find many videos in the net.

CAA1 uses the work of Cyborg (Littlebirds and Camels), so why remove them?!

The Strykers will be in the next full release.

You are welcome mate.

Made a simple clutter replacement for the a1 worlds based on a2 clutter:

caa1_r_a2_clutter.7z

Feel free to tweak it in any way.

the M113??

By driving straight and hard break they no longer fall over. The way they lift off

With a according to YAS fully updated CAA1 i can say they don't tip over though personally i find them a little bit too bouncy, not much just a tiny bit :D

@ Rubber

Please report issues here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cbp-caa1/issues

Does YAS overwrite the plantsClassic.pbo?

After thinking about it, you only need to move it, if either it or the caa1_p_plants.pbo

gets updating. You can easily unselect to download the file on an update.

the M113??

CAA1 uses the work of Cyborg (Littlebirds and Camels), so why remove them?!

The Strykers will be in the next full release.

You are welcome mate.

I will report issues at your link..

I will test again and also I play some mission for test with my mate we check all the enviroment and report you if something doesn't work.

the Cyborg Littlebird are the same ? I've downloading the stand alone version and replaced the CAA1 one, to get the new texture for A2 faction and gun tracer fix

I test in the editor M163 Vulcan and M113 but if I turn or brake the vehicle as basd phisyc responses but I'll test agan before report this... is shure!

and no it's not an addon

Saharani RULES ! :yay:

0006.jpg 0007.jpg

0008.jpg 0009.jpg

0010.jpg

10 min job, yet turned out fairly nice.

clutter looks cool!

regarding the little birds, the caa1 version is different. only the left minigun has tracers and there are some texture issues too

Kju

I don't know if is possible but IT's and IDEA...

Using South Sharani merged with Sharani United

I really like the canyon street from paraiso to obregan in south sharai there what do you think about this idea it can be done ?