Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

@ vengeance1

Please tell us your -mod= line and did you keep the setup of YAS or did you move the files.

Ok I am definately not getting it, must not had enough coffee. :rolleyes:

Yoma created a folder called "x" sub folders caa1 and oac. Doesn't sound right to me.

What should YOMA had created for folders in my ARMA2 Directory?

I have tried several -mod lines

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=caa1;oac_core -nosplash

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=caa1;oac -nosplash

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=x -nosplash

What is it suppose to look like? Do I have to load the Sara Map from ARMA1? :crazy_o:

vengeance1

try this out

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core -world=sara -nosplash

I have another question :D

Does the urban patrol script for A2 work properly with A1 maps ?

Edit : Yes ! :yay:

Edited by Kr3v

vengeance1

try this out

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core -world=sara -nosplash

Had another cup of "JOE" that did it BK1276, I GET IT now! This is WAAAY Cool, finally some great maps for ARMA2. :yay:

Now for updating my old Missions! Very Cool!

Thanks

Great to fly over Sahrani again. Good job, people :D

Shame that ArmA 2 crashes (CTD) after 2 min on these "new" islands, but that's a BI problem.

@ Cole

Try to read this item of the FAQ and see if you get what you need.

Thanks, that helped. :) (Though I should've looked in the FAQ before even posting, shame on me!)

Does not crash here. What setting did you use (viewdistance, terrain grid, video options).

Shame that ArmA 2 crashes (CTD) after 2 min on these "new" islands, but that's a BI problem.
Does not crash here. What setting did you use ?

Think he meant Chernarus.

Hello,

I would like to know what is position of Bis regarding this Addon, in epoch my friend Slayertom has asked question Placebo which had answered

"no, that's no acceptable as it means people who didn't buy Armed Assault could get access to Armed Assault content"

The position of BIS in you it changed from that time?

Sorry for my poor English :(

Thank you in advance;)

Does not crash here. What setting did you use (viewdistance, terrain grid, video options).

I had some crashes too (during a loading and just before a debriefing).

Q9400/HD4890/3go ram/Windows 7 RC1

Res/3d res : 1920*1080

Shadows on high

Terrain on normal

Textures on very high

Postprocessing off

AA Off

Aniso very high

video memory very high

object detail very high

Viewdistance 2400 but it was on mp with the default viewdistance.

Edited by Kr3v

ArmA 2 settings:

Visibility: ~2500

Interface res.: 1280 x 1024 (75 Hz)

3D res.: 1280 x 1024

Texture detail: Normal

Video memory: Normal

AF: Low (x1)

AA: Normal (x2)

Terrain detail: Very low

Objects detail: Normal

Shadow detail: Normal

Postprocess effects: Disabled

(HDRPrecision=8)

(localVRAM=522706688)

(nonlocalVRAM=258998271)

Specs:

Mainboard : Asus P5KC

Chipset : Intel P31/P35

Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3000 MHz

Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM PC2-6400 (399 MHz) - [DDR2-800])

Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3

DirectX : Version 9.0c (march 2009)

Nvidia Forceware : 6.14.11.8250

I tried this both on Nvidia version 182.50, which I've used up until yesterday, and 190.62 just to see if that helped at all. No changes, not even when changing settings. But I am quite confident that this is a ArmA II engine problem.

Right, just tried the Mission Generator on Sahrani, had to move the insertion point as otherwise it inserts into the sea, but no problems with that. Other than that, it worked flawlessly, right up to the point where a Hind rocketed the absolute *&%$ out of me. :)

Hello,

I would like to know what is position of Bis regarding this Addon, in epoch my friend Slayertom has asked question Placebo which had answered

"no, that's no acceptable as it means people who didn't buy Armed Assault could get access to Armed Assault content"

Thank you in advance;)

I am interest to the answer too.

Thx for this addons kju.

Hello,

Thank you in advance;)

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/113

First few words, say it's ok. :)

i have a problem that id like to add in this mod i notice that the game randomly crashes while in game and while in editor!!! is it possible that my 1.04 patch beta is causing it?

i have a problem that id like to add in this mod i notice that the game randomly crashes while in game and while in editor!!! is it possible that my 1.04 patch beta is causing it?

I'm using the 1.04 beta, and it works fine for me. Maybe another addon is causing it?

Kju & Co, thanks for an awesome effort! Great to return to Sharani, Chernarus is nice but a resource-hog ATM and I really start to miss the little bigger "cities".

To bad the AI can't use the roads/bridges but hope there will be a solution for it. Again kudos to you and everyone else making this happen and thanks to BIS for allowing you to do so!

PS: The torrent is maxing my line ~2.5 MBit so if anyone have problems try that.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

http://dev-heaven.net/news/show/113

First few words, say it's ok. :)

For what i understand there is no answer of the questions of voodoo or the official position of BIS on this url, just a thanks from the author to BIS and a license.

I asked to placebo if we can host these files when the first version of this addon come out and he answer the sentence that voodoo quote.

No that's not acceptable as it means people who didn't buy ArmA1 could get access to ArmA1 content.

I know my english is really bad :) but i understand we can't host this addons on ours servers because players who don't have arma1 can download this addons who contain armed assault 1 original but maybe we didn't understood correctly?

Edited by slayertom

I'm using the 1.04 beta, and it works fine for me. Maybe another addon is causing it?

yea i have vops sound mod and let me see....... and this add on that takes away the glossiness in the water but it was doing that before i put it on