Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

I downloaded this from Armaholic, is there nowhere to download the necessary resources?

I'm not sure how this is is spam, this is obviously a problem if random newbies to CAA1 are trying to get it running and cannot because the download for it is missing files.

There's literally no other recourse as trying to PM somebody who has likely abandoned or has no interest in keeping the project going isn't going to help.

By posting here on this thread there's a far greater likelihood that somebody more knowledgable might be able to offer some input that will help newcomers to CAA1 in getting it running properly.

-EDIT-

http://www.fusion-squad.eu/Download-t1638.html

You can get the missing: caa1_c_cti_buildings.pbo from here.

Also, has anyone figured out how to get rid of the strange "sunk through the ground" shadows of that one open barn like structure seen on so many Arma islands?

Pd3

It is against the forum rules to comment how the forum is moderated. Since this is your second post, you will only get an in thread warning. This will not be true for your next instance. Please brush up on the forum rules.

CaptainBravo was bumping the thread because he thought it would get him an answer quicker. Notice he has two posts, one after another, asking the same question. I advise you to also read the threads you are participating in more carefully before you comment in general.

Your next breach of the rules will result in administrative warnings or infractions. Thank you.

§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

@Pd3

Also, has anyone figured out how to get rid of the strange "sunk through the ground" shadows of that one open barn like structure seen on so many Arma islands?

If my memory serves me right, you have to change the setting for shadows to "high" option or higher.

Is anybody still working on CAA1? Especially to make it compatible with ACE2? In particular the west grenades M67 are not choosable through ACE scripts (SHIFT+F3) while East grenades can. Or does anybody know a trick to get it work with ACE2?

Kroky

After 1207 posts on this forum, you should know that asking for news is considered spam on this forum, and spam is not permitted.

+1 warning for asking for news.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

Kroky

After 1207 posts on this forum, you should know that asking for news is considered spam on this forum, and spam is not permitted.

+1 warning for asking for news.

[sentence removed to comply with forum rules] I've had a recent desire to use Sahrani and that's exactly why I came here, and I guess I would have asked the same question. The last time I tried CAA1 I got various small errors and I wanted to know if anyone is still ironing problems out. I guess not after seeing the last update date on the first post, but as Kroky opined there is still stuff that could be done, particularly with ACE2 compatibility, and that last update seems a long time ago.

Also, the links to the mod (or rather it's installer for the mod) seem to be inactive.

Edited by DMarkwick

Also, the links to the mod (or rather it's installer for the mod) seem to be inactive.

I believe you can get it off Six Updater, which is nice since it also grabs all the extra files you need.

I believe you can get it off Six Updater, which is nice since it also grabs all the extra files you need.

I didn't see it on the Six Updater (I only looked for "CAA1" though) but I did find it at ArmAHolic :)

On a slightly different note, I guess that I'll need to re-apply Durg's Vegetation Fix again :) that was sort of a gamechanger for me in ArmA1.

Edited by DMarkwick

The Caa1 just gives you the islands of Arma1, addons,units,vehicles, and what not have to be specifically reconfigured to the new engine in order to work, or a whole new version of the Arma1 stuff.

quoting myself

The Following Islands are what you are getting from Caa1:

Arma 1 islands

-Porto

-Rahmadi

-Sahrani

-United Sahrani

-Southern Sahrani

I wonder if BIS could tell us more about what kind of "retrofitting" is possible for Arma 1 content (if at all) in Arma 3. I think Sahrani would be absolutely stunning if it was revamped for Arma3 - scuba diving off Sahrani anyone?

I think Sahrani would be absolutely stunning if it was revamped for Arma3

I agree with you there, Sahrani is a beautiful island.

Im not sure how the setup will be for Arma3 in terms of files and recognition, like for example caa1 for Arma2, works in Arma2CO as well,

I dont see why it would not work on the next engine if its using the same layout for its file system.

However I think its a matter of code or something cant say for sure, but a good test would be when you get your hands on Arma3 when it releases of course,

then add @Caa1 to a shortcut and see what happens. i'd like to know myself though.

Nah sry Gunter, i mean Ofp World :- All ofp islands on one map :)

Just that i seen this, and in arma1 i did a warfare port to it, where you could fast travel to the other islands.

SW7CNzaKloA

Edited by ck-claw

Serious problem here with Paraiso airport. Anyone found that AI will not take off properly? It seems that the runway and apron have been placed at 90degs from their correct direction! It doesn't matter where I place aircraft to start off their always end up crashing off the west side of the runway.

Anyone got a fix?

Just to get some clarity here; all this does is port over the islands? The compatibility for missions/campaigns for ArmA I are not faithfully brought over with this module? It seems cool that the islands are brought over, but if all of the ArmA I stuff doesn't work properly with it, I suppose I'll just stick to ArmA I for the content, unless there's ArmA II content that takes advantage of the islands. I was hoping there would be some magical thing that unifies all of the old stuff with the new, but I suppose that would require reworking everything, huh? :P

Hmm. By this and this link talking about ArmA I campaign conversions, does that include all of them or just the first campaign? I'm trying to wrap my head around all of these mods for the games and I am quite frankly overwhelmed.

And if it does, do I need to download/enable CAA1 and download the file? I'm sorry if my questions are all comical here, but as someone who doesn't really tamper with mods for PC, I have opened up a massive hive and I have no idea where to start grabbing honey from.

The campaigns and missions are separate from the CAA1 download.

You will need 1st the caa1 files then the the OAC project files specific for whatever missions/campaigns you want,

keep in mind this is an old project and isn't supported anymore, as far as i can see its not.

Review this page for the Arma1 campaigns, should be links on the page for the campaign as they had built it for Arma2:

https://dev-heaven.net/boards/26/topics/1751

Caa1/OAC on Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7006&highlight=OAC

Caa1 is just a conversion of old Arma1 islands over to the Arma2 engine/game

OAC is the conversion of the missions and campaigns

both are not really supported or worked on anymore.

a few links will not work on some of those pages.

your questions are not comical, theres a 100's of addons and mods in the community, ad a new player to the game series can get overwhelmed.

OFP -(Operation Flashpoitn being the first game had 1000's of addons and mods, 100x more then what Arma1, arma2, and arma2CO currently have.

Caa1 will be in the very near future one of my personal project, I plan on setting up a whole section on my website for Caa1 and OAC with downloads and info,

that is about as current as you can get it, but for now COWarMod is the main one for me.

anyways f you have questions pertaining to addons and mos, or structure of them, or general questions, then either send me a pm,

or post in the relevant forum thread, the community here is very warm, and welcome to those who can follow the forum rules and search before they post.

hope that helps.

hum...

in the link you've given, I can't see the link to download the A1 campaign...

I found for PS missions, but nothing for the campaign...

and in the A1 SP missions pack, there are missions 1, 6 and 11 missing.

is it normal?

thanks

Edited by Wiki

Ya I think the campaign is a lost cause, those link on there are either broke or incomplete,

not all the files are available in one package for the campaign.

For the missions whats available there is what they got, I mean were talking 2 yrs ago this project was running.

You could make your own missions for caa1, just run the caa1 mod and then go into the editor and create away.

Sorry i cant be much of help on the campaign, I could look into it further and see what i find but i think again the campaign is a lost cause.

edit...

Download Caa1:click on the bold letters -->Arma II - CAA1 Project to download on that page

http://games.on.net/file/30728/Arma_II_-_CAA1_Project

kellys-heroes

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu:9000/Arma2/downloads/addons/CAA1_2009-08-21.exe

================

CAA1-ArmA SP Mission-Pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7112

Mission page on Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=search

I put in a search for Caa1 and all the missions listed are for Caa1,

they all have their own requirements scroll down f a bit for the missions,

but check them out, alot are coop,

but theres sp ones in there too.

heres a working link to missions for Caa1:

http://upload.g-g-c.de/tcb/maps/caa1_mission_pack_v101.rar

info on them:

slightly reworked missions:

Red Hotel

CAS KA50

EvoHohei

TakeOrtego

Ophorna Convoy

Dead by Dawn

Shining Anvil

Sabotage

Dragonfly

new added missions:

co12 Especas Commando

co 30 Air Cavalry

co36 Hammer of Justice

co40 Bye

co40 Payback

added missions from Xenos CAA1 mappack: (thx to Xeno)

co20 High Mountains

co25 Sahrani Battle

co32 Returning Home

As I said in a previous post, I would be interested in taking on the Caa1 project, having a page setup where you can download caa1 and then get all the missions,

idk about the campaign but 10=missions could replace it maybe idk, I never played the arma1 campaign, just all the OFP ones ;)

hope that helps.

Thanks for the links, Günther.

One question. As you mentioned that caa1 will be one of your future projects, will that mean that you´ll care about that one again soon and finalze it?

Hello,

the missions link is collected, converted and hosted by me.

Is it important to keep the link up or is it hosted on other servers too?

regards