Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

Funny how I can be missing files when all the islands showup np in my game and I have been on all of them.

what exactly is and what is not playable from original arma, thx for the answer.

Late reply, sorry but

The Following Islands are what you are getting from Caa1:

Arma 1 islands

-Porto

-Rahmadi

-Sahrani

-United Sahrani

-Southern Sahrani

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I think what Im going to do is Rebuild the list of downloads for Caa1 Considering I was missing some files,

I'll have it setup like the other post except make the files to download smaller, their may be more parts but its better then sitting through 1-2 gigs of download.

Is there still a manual download for this great mod available? Both devheaven and armaholic dont have the files anymore :(

Is there still a manual download for this great mod available? Both devheaven and armaholic dont have the files anymore :(

Yomas repo has it. Click default servers at the top.

Great!

One question for you sxp2high, 1.9gigs is alot to download in one shot, even broadband being fast, would still take a bit, and not everyone has broadband.

The files I have uploaded are all split into 7 parts, smaller download=faster install=faster to get ingame and play.

Is it possible for yo to have that pack split into smaller parts, say 300-500mb at most each?

There is a sixupdater repo for this... but it is a custom version we've been working on at havoc company.

sixupdater://www.havoc-company.com:85/rsync/havoccompany.yml

Couple of fixes... but experimental still.

Great!

One question for you sxp2high, 1.9gigs is alot to download in one shot, even broadband being fast, would still take a bit, and not everyone has broadband.

The files I have uploaded are all split into 7 parts, smaller download=faster install=faster to get ingame and play.

Is it possible for yo to have that pack split into smaller parts, say 300-500mb at most each?

how come smaller files are faster?

The total amount is still the same.

And you still have to have them all.

I don't get this??

I don't understand either. The only benefit of splitting is if your download gets f-ed in the middle and is not resume-able.

Just use a download manager, like Free Download Manager.

You can resume and can connect up to 10 times to the server even with 1 file download. Guaranteed maximum speed. :)

Only works for servers that allow that, hence I said "only benefit is if you can't resume".

how come smaller files are faster?

The total amount is still the same.

And you still have to have them all.

Of course you need them all, but Im saying that for some people like myself, I had downgraded my internet speed,

and the bigger the file the longer it takes, I beleive that smaller files download quicker, they do for me, whatever,

do what works for you guys, I personally dont care.

If you prefer smaller files then go to my link if you want the one large file go to his link, whatever it dont matter, but

internet speed makes a difference, it comes down to how long do you want to wait, you could download a few files

and then come back to it if your busy with something else, just ideas to throw out there,

you decide whats works for you.

......you could download a few files

and then come back to it if your busy with something else....

ah. Thats true

But I really don't think you get any less or more speed with smaller files.

But as you said, YOU can choose if you want to do it one bye one over several "weeks".

But that was not the way I understood what you said in the first post.

Since I think the technology is that you get ether the speed the host can deliver down to you OR you get the max speed your account can take.

It's the same amount of data and it will take the same amount of time.

But it's a good suggestion for those that "must" or want to do this over some time. That just can't download all at once.

Good point

Then maybe something like a torrent would also be nice.

If the host has a speed cap then it can be better to download several small files simulataneously with a download manager than one big file. As long as your own connection is faster than the cap the host applies then this will often be quicker.

If you use a download manager you can download one big file and pause it when you want full bandwidth back again and then resume when you are ready to go again (the host has to allow resumable downloads for this to work though).

Something like Internet Download Manager for windows is great for stuff like this.

Then maybe something like a torrent would also be nice.

There was one floating around I thought... maybe I can get one started if not. I'm just glad to see this mod is still getting attention. This is still my favorite island created by BIS. I am so thankful kju ported it over and it will always be my favorite mod.

i have some question about the CAA1 mod, instead of downloading more than 1GB of files why they don't make a "lite" version wich include only the file who make the A1 addon and mod working on A2 ?

i have some question about the CAA1 mod, instead of downloading more than 1GB of files why they don't make a "lite" version wich include only the file who make the A1 addon and mod working on A2 ?

Because you basically download A1 for this since none of the maps or objects are part of A2. So what you're downloading really is "just" the A1 stuff for use in A2. There's just a whole game worth of it. :)

Every time i try and run Caa1 i get this message, " 'glt_oac_core_efix' requires addon 'caa1_c_cti_buildings'" what does that mean?

That means you haven't downloaded everything or maybe messed up the mod installation

Full CAA1 download = 2.72 GBs

Every time i try and run Caa1 i get this message, " 'glt_oac_core_efix' requires addon 'caa1_c_cti_buildings'" what does that mean?

Some of the addons you need are missing from the mega download (there are 3 or 4 missing and I think that's one of them). You can download the ones you are missing from here

Hi,

you are using my config fix for CAA1 which requires the full mod as the users posted as well. Somehow you missing a file.

I tried using the Taliban addon and it says it can load "Afghan_Man_Face" What the hell.I don't think this works.

Note that not all AA1 mods may work with CAA1 because they may require some other AA1 mods or simply be incompatible with some AA2 engine changes.

CAA1 is mainly about vanilla AA1 content.

^ What he said ^

Plus soldiers/men mods don't work as a whole and need to be re-made for A2. It's listed somewhere in the documentation.