Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

Ok, thank you!

Imho the green summer trees should be default and the autumn should be a choice, but thats me.

/signed

Thank you for the update kju!

Do not know how you manage it all. Your work is just always great.

Well its not my work, or just a little of it.

Durg tweaked the models back then, kondor made the nice retext.

Even T_D and mikero helped me for my tweaks.

You see. The rerelease was just updating the files to the a2 layout

and improving the texture compression by a simple pal2pace processing.

Finally the webspace and traffic is provided ArmA-Creations.

I updated via yoma sync and this new plants look really nice. Atleast on Sahrani, havent tried else.

I agree the new plants look nice, but like a few of the previous posters, I also think that the summer trees should be default.

Also...

@ KaBoNG

Yes, I did fix these in the past. Mainly by replacing it with an a1 model, instead of using

the a2. Please post a new ticket for each here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cbp-caa1/issues

Position and screenshot, or mission standing in front of the object. Thanks.

kju,

Will do, but based on my brief sampling of United Sahrani last night, there could be quite a few, and then multiplied by the number of different versions of Sahrani (original, south, united) plus the additional islands (Porto, etc.).

Because of my real life committments, it will probably take some time to work through all of this. But I am happy to take the time knowing that you will fix them.

It's on the 'How to download releases' page, you just have to read down it until you find the http single file download section.

I might be retarded because I dont see it :( lol, The only one I see is this one "CAA1_2009-08-21.exe (1.9 GB)" and thats not the right one correct?

I might be retarded because I dont see it :( lol, The only one I see is this one "CAA1_2009-08-21.exe (1.9 GB)" and thats not the right one correct?

Thats the one.. then you have to download YOMA ADDONSYNC to update the files... that addon sync can be very intimidating at first, but just read through the help/manual/tutorial there and it's just a breeze.. Though I dont like to use ADDONSYNC as arma launcher though... personal preference

@ KaBoNG

Doing it step by step is just fine.

That is my one complaint too Mr. Centipede. Somehow CAA1 is tied too much to the ADDONSYNC. Making icons, or modifying Steam startup parameters to include CAA1 always seems not to work, but using the ADDONSYNC as the launcher makes everything work perfect. Weird.

Yoma addonsync is a pain in the arse, you guys should use normal file downloads, the good old way, love caa1 but can see how yoma is confusing to people, ive used it before but dont like it, on a brighter note thanks for the update, caa1 is a good addon for arma2, thanks.

Seriously, you guys need to do your homework first before complaining.

CAA1/OAC can be launched by an app.

I use simple links and the excellent launcher tool of RTE by i0n0s.

CAA1/OAC uses subfolders for modfolders. Most launcher apps can handle that just fine.

If not, ask your favorite tool author nicely to implement it.

I see not a single reason why it should not work with STEAM either.

If you are too lazy to read the documentation, about the standard HTTP download

or the torrent, it is your fault.

I offered several times that people can repack it, create mirrors, create patches.

Reaction NONE.

Are YOU up to it?

I find Yoma's sync a little confusing myself, but purely as a CAA1 updater it's pretty straightforward...

*Install latest Yoma Sync and run program

*Click "favourites" tab - You'll see the CAA1 server already there... doubleclick it

*A new page appears - look for the "download addons" tab and click that...

*Now click the "check for addons" button - it'll check...

*On the left hand side, tick the "x" checkbox - on the right, check the filelist to make sure you're green all the way...

*If you aren't - click the "download addons" button

Thats pretty much it - do that now and then and if you aren't green all the way, just click the "download addons" button...

For launching I'm using SpiritedMachine's Arma2 Launcher... it's smart enough to autodetect CAA1 and OAC as mods no problem, despite the slightly confusing "x" folder thing, and you get a visual of your launchline so you can check that your first three modfolders are @CBA, CAA1 and OAC - in that order...

CAA1's a huge project, and Kju carries most of the load himself... keeping everyone happy ain't easy... if anyone cares to lend the occasional hand - with whatever aspect of the project - I'm sure he'd be delighted...

Server space and or mirrors for the files in particular would be handy, would make downloading a lot faster for everyone and might even allow for a "good old fashioned" bigass HTTP page where you can just click and d/l individual dated files??? Kju's decision - but he can only work within the scope of his limited resources, so - anyone with mirror space take one step forward! :D

B

Thats the one.. then you have to download YOMA ADDONSYNC to update the files... that addon sync can be very intimidating at first, but just read through the help/manual/tutorial there and it's just a breeze.. Though I dont like to use ADDONSYNC as arma launcher though... personal preference

I already have the 1.9 Gig file I do not want to update Via Yoma, is there any other way I can do this??

downloading all of that, is rather irritating :D should I only download the files modified on Nov XX?

Edited by Drew

If you use YAs you dont have to figure that out, thats the beauty. I suggest you DL YAS and follow the step by step instructions. Else you will have alot of job finding the new updated files. Noone here can help you as noone here knows what date your files have.

I'm not downloading yoma, thanks tho, as far as noone knowing... I believe thats highly unlikely...Ty for that reply tho....

Some people are unbelievable.

You provide them with tools, you provide them with alternative downloads, you provide them with a free great mod and...

All they do is bitch.

Edited by Yoma

How would anyone be able to know the timestamp on your caa1 files?

If you post all dates on all your caa1 files here someone might take pity on you and tell you what files you need to DL. Then your good to go for a couple of days as this mod gets updated very frequently (thank you kju for your hard work getting it bug free).

So then your back again, and must post your list one more time and I guess its harder for someone to help you again. Easiest is to DL all again, or follow the very basic step by step to install YAS and never care again, its just a press of a button and your up-to-date.

But honestly, why do you think its "highly unlikely" that noone knowing? How could anyone know that? It depends when you DL'd the pack and what have happened since then. And as it gets updated all the time noone can tell whats the status of your caa1 is...

Unless you put some effort into this (follow step by step or DL the whole shabang one more time) I will agree with what Yoma edited away.. :D

Edited by andersson
;)

The really frustrating part is: even if he doesn't download CAA1 with my tool, it will still be able to tell him exactly what he wants to know.

:D

Yoma syncer is such a nice tool for keeping up2date. Its basicly 3 mouseclicks to check if there any updates and download when there are.

Just downloading the latest release myself to test out how the A1 campaign works now the AI can drive on roads properly (thanks andersson).

There are and will be people who are to lazy or to dumb to read & understand FAQs/tutorials and there are people who read this & trying things out before they moan...

Nothing to worry about - its not your fault and not your mission to kick those lazy butt's.

I'm not downloading yoma, thanks tho, as far as noone knowing... I believe thats highly unlikely...Ty for that reply tho....

Ironically If you had used YAS you would have updated CAA1 quickly and seamlessly.

wow so many angry people lol, I guess next time I'll download YAS, NOT! lol. :rolleyes::D

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

How would anyone be able to know the timestamp on your caa1 files?

If you post all dates on all your caa1 files here someone might take pity on you and tell you what files you need to DL. Then your good to go for a couple of days as this mod gets updated very frequently (thank you kju for your hard work getting it bug free).

So then your back again, and must post your list one more time and I guess its harder for someone to help you again. Easiest is to DL all again, or follow the very basic step by step to install YAS and never care again, its just a press of a button and your up-to-date.

But honestly, why do you think its "highly unlikely" that noone knowing? How could anyone know that? It depends when you DL'd the pack and what have happened since then. And as it gets updated all the time noone can tell whats the status of your caa1 is...

Unless you put some effort into this (follow step by step or DL the whole shabang one more time) I will agree with what Yoma edited away.. :D

Clearly the files that were edited in November of THIS year and not in August are what need to be downloaded, ( which I did ) therefore the idea of people not knowing the time stamp = HIGHLY UNLIKELY. Clearly I'm not the only person on here that does not what to use Yoma's Addon Sync, and for some reason all of you feel it necessary to flame because I'm one of the few speaking out, deal with it. Not all of us want to use YAS.

Edited by Drew

wow so many angry people lol, I guess next time I'll download YAS, NOT! lol. :rolleyes::D

This is the sort of comment that puts people off making useful tools or addons for this community. Someone provides you with a tool, you say you don't want to download it, which is fair enough. Then someone suggests an alternative, and you complain about that as well. Then, you start attacking someone's hard work, which they provide to you for free. It's really sad that people put in so much time and effort and get ripped apart by ungrateful idiots.

Anyway, ontopic: Kju, I tried fiddling around with the midDetailTexture on Avgani, and it didn't seem to get rid of the ground texture bug. But then, I tried a suggestion (I think it was from Binkowski) to change the ingame time, and this made the bug less noticeable. This causes me to believe that the bug could be a shadow bug? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this, might find a fix for it soon. :D