Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

Thanks Yoma.

Yeah it's the most recent version. I guess my biggest problem is that I have no clue what 99% of the stuff is or even used for. I've figured out how to get to the DL's but it took me a little bit to under stand it.

If it's a server overload then that's cool. I'll try again. I think it's just a case of me getting used to it more then a problem with your Sync program. I can definitely see why many people like it, it works just fine and there seems to be a large amount of capabilities. That's probably what's ailing me, I just haven't figured it out yet. And that's obviously my problem, not yours. :D

Thanks again for the response and I'll try to DL the files again.

Why do you not use the HTTP download?

Thanks Yoma.

Yeah it's the most recent version. I guess my biggest problem is that I have no clue what 99% of the stuff is or even used for. I've figured out how to get to the DL's but it took me a little bit to under stand it.

If it's a server overload then that's cool. I'll try again. I think it's just a case of me getting used to it more then a problem with your Sync program. I can definitely see why many people like it, it works just fine and there seems to be a large amount of capabilities. That's probably what's ailing me, I just haven't figured it out yet. And that's obviously my problem, not yours. :D

Thanks again for the response and I'll try to DL the files again.

Manzilla,

Let Yoma help you on it, he helped me out and your gonna love it once your up and going. My Clients can now download all my Server Mods with ease and take care of folders like DTA when JTD Fire & Smoke put hpp files in there.

Vengeance

Why do you not use the HTTP download?

Link wasn't working for me when I tried it and it took me a bit to find it. I DL'd that was originally but it wasn't clear if that was just the original released or the update as well. The DH site confuses me often so I try to stay away and find other ways to DL it but they all lead there.

And to be honest I really don't know what the heck an http: DL means.(That's fairly obvious since I've been asking if there's a place were I can simply DL the updated files. Didn't realize that link was them. Thought it was the entire thing including unchanged files.) Is that the same thing as the mirrors that fansites put up? I have no clue what the hell a torrent is neither so I tend stay away from stuff I don't understand and to be honest I'm stubborn. I really have no desire to learn what all that stuff means. When I play video games I like it to be as mindless as possible. Yup I'm lazy. And completely inept and happy about it when it comes to a lack of common PC terminology. Now if someone what's to know the best way to hedge your oil positions or unravel straddled puts/calls to get the best return, I'm your man.

I'd much rather use Yoma's then try to navigate or understand most of the stuff on that site. It's really the best place for someone like me who barely has a concept on any PC jargon. No big deal, if I can't get the DL to work I'll just keep trying.

Edited by Manzilla

I got clueless on Yoma's tools as well. Perhaps someone could make a little 2 minute youtube instructional with example mods?

Lets try this:

1) CAA1 Wiki: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cbp-caa1

2) Click 'How to download releases'

3) In the 'download' area, you see links to 'Yoma Addon Sync Server' and 'HTTP'.

The CAA1 YAS guide is fairly detailed or where is the problem?

There are even two other guides by contribs found on the same page:

'Install guides by contributors'.

Got this saved from the AddonSync's FAQ before it got wiped:

How do i start downloading addons?

Answer

* Open the tool and make sure to enter correct paths in Settings.

* Click New server in the Favorites tab.

o Enter the AutoConfigUrl.

o Click Import Server.

* Go to the Download addons tab.

o Click Check for addons - this may take a while the first time.

o After you get a message Finished click Download Addons.

o After a while you'll get a message box Finished.

o Click Check for addons again.

o Click Delete extra files if you see lots of orange files in the list.

These are files that you have in various directories but that are not in the repository.

HTH

P.S. Yoma's program rules. It's just not well documented.

His new version has included windows help system (F1). Did you try it yet?

It's important to realise that allthough my tool has lots of benefits, not everyone will want to use it.

At all times provide other means to download content (well at least when that content is a large mod). However i think Q does this just fine?

If you run a server with lots of addons there may be more reasons (easier life for admins, less crashes due to invalid setups) to run my tool, but I personally think it shouldn't be the only way to get the correct addons.

Again if you need help with AddonSync2009 and have used the built in help system, you can always contact me.

Some movies explaining usage are also on my todo list, but that list is rather big so I wouldn't expect them too soon.

Now back on topic => the great CAA1!

Lets try this:

1) CAA1 Wiki: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cbp-caa1

2) Click 'How to download releases'

3) In the 'download' area, you see links to 'Yoma Addon Sync Server' and 'HTTP'.

The CAA1 YAS guide is fairly detailed or where is the problem?

There are even two other guides by contribs found on the same page:

'Install guides by contributors'.

But again this assumes I know what all this stuff means. I need a manual for the manual or Biki's most of the time. I've figured out how to use his tool for getting the proper updated files. I read every page inside and out, as I normally do but honestly the majority of that stuff is way over my head. Again, I'm like a kindergartner when it comes to this stuff. The Biki's, comref, etc. are very difficult to understand. I'm used to the BIS threads with a simple link containing all the updated files, or something like ArmAholic.com.

The single file HTTP DL is all fine and dandy but it took me a bit to even figure out what I was looking at. I'm not sure what files to get out of which folder(or if I need to look in only one folder.) Then once I finally do get to the single files, I wasn't sure exactly which files I needed to DL. Again I don't normally deal with stuff like this so I'm a bit slow.

It's not that big of a deal, normally I just would not have attempted to setup the DL. But CAA looked so fun I had to try it. I'm all good with it now after spending some quality time trying to figure it up. But I can guarantee there are others that are in the same boat as I was. Unfortunately many of us are pretty illiterate when it comes to this stuff. I simply wanted to shed light on the fact that it's not the easiest way to DL files for those of us idiots.

It's a great Mod regardless. I'm having a helluva fun time playing A1 in A2.

Edited by Manzilla

Once someone is willing to port them over and offer them to CAA1, yes.

It is rather simple to do actually. Just requires some 10+ hours of work.

Anyone interested?

One odd bug is with civilians. When I have a ambient civilian module on it looks through all civilian units and spawns them including the arma 1 ones you have in there are spawned and a little bug is popped up.

-cannot load texture-

ca\characters\data\civil_tvreport_hhl_as.paa

then later on when I get near a city the game crashes the same way the game crashes if I try to spawn any arma 1 or arma qg civilians ingame.

Hm do you use latest CAA1 + OAC core?

kju, the island pantera has working roads. Maybe its possible to open up the islands and replace the roads to A2 roads in visitor. I did my test using a hexeditor and maybe that was the problem?

I cant help as my psu gave up today (when I finally got my gfx-card...)

One odd bug is with civilians. When I have a ambient civilian module on it looks through all civilian units and spawns them including the arma 1 ones you have in there are spawned and a little bug is popped up.

-cannot load texture-

ca\characters\data\civil_tvreport_hhl_as.paa

then later on when I get near a city the game crashes the same way the game crashes if I try to spawn any arma 1 or arma qg civilians ingame.

How do you get the ambient civilians to work? Do you have to set any variables? When I put the module in my mission no civilians spawn..

Edited by mrjingo

need support:

1 the dw contains both caa1 and core?which files must i put in their respective addon folders?

2 is caa1 compatible with the various addons avaiable?

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

i missed 3 is avgani included?if not where to find it?

is there any list for what is part of "Extra_Vehicles" which is part of oac_core

ive made a few missions that claim to require "Extra_Vehicles" and i cant figure out what it is that ive added to cause that :confused:

I love this addon. Arma 1 maps, with desert camo usmc and the terrorists by SchnapsdroSel are just awesome. Kinda like Iraq. I love it.

@AnimalMother92

It's always good practise to build missions using just Vanilla Arma2 - only have addons running while you're editing if you intend them to be a requirement for the mission... Some addons (such as OAC) will add themselves to the list of required addons at the beginning of your mission script if they happen to be present while you're editing, and this can cause players errors later...

If it's a Sahrani -based mission, for example, CAA1 and OAC WILL be required to play - and to edit, since you need the island running to build a mission on it, obviously... But if you're working on a mission on Utes using purely Arma 2 stuff, having CAA1 or OAC running while editing it may produce unwanted dependencies.....

Basically - if it ain't required for the mission - don't have it loaded while making the mission...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Well OAC and CAA1 no longer should add these dependencies unless you really add

a class defined first in either or.

The problem of auto add is hopefully fixed.