Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

... There's a ton of them, do I need to go through and click on everyone separately?....

If you use Firefox try DownThemAll :D

Does anyone know if I can use this tool to get the CZM (Crappy Zombie Mod) to run in Arma II? Are there any special gotchas or instructions anyone would offer if I give it a try?

@ Armoredfury193

What is your modline?

I'm assuming you mean how it looks in the Shortcut Target properties? This is what I have currently:

"H:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core -world=empty

I also tried it with CBA mod running:

"H:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core;@CBA -world=empty

In both instances, the window pops up before the game starts and tells me that oac_core requires version 1.03 of application. Once the game loads the menu screen, an ArmA 2 error message pops up that says:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Jeep.scope'.

And once again, there is no trace of anything when I run the game...no maps available in the editor options, no units, nothing...

Edited by Armoredfury193

I have tracked my Russian-teammate-talking-english problem to this thread :P For some reason it was ok for a little, but at some point the game snapped and now all Russians except the first guy who spawns (i.e. the player) talk English. I checked all add-ons I have one by one and it's caa1 somehow.

Update: I have also tracked my Russians-can't-open-compass-or-watch problem to this add-on (the stuff doesn't appear on the map as it normally would either).

I'm currently redownloading and will see if and for how long that will fix the issues.

Conclusion: my watch and compass are back but the Russians started talking English straight away. Considering that Rus sniping team is my home, it gets pretty annoying pretty fast.

Edited by Jedo

So I'm assuming based on the information in my above post I will have to patch the game to version 1.03? Can you confirm this kju?

Any reason why you are NOT using 1.03?? Infact you should be using the beta patches, they are are a real performance boost.

well for some reason patch 1.03 would not install successfully so I wanted to know if it would work with 1.02 before i uninstalled+backed up addons+reinstalled

Anyways, I reinstalled arma and patched to 1.03 and it works fine now, guess the patch is required for it to work. Now all I need is for somebody to get the Gigan Nuke Launcher Addon from ArmA1 to work... :)

Hi guys,

Last night, I installed Yoma's Addon Tool and used it to download CAA1 and OAC. It all seemed to work brilliantly until I launched the game. Now I have 2 questions:

1. When loading A2 I receive this error message :

Addon 'caa1_c_enablePorto' requires addon 'caa1_p_Models_DBE1'

1a. Is this normal?

1b. If not, what do I need to change?

2. Thanks to this mod, can you play any of the previous campaignes?

2a. OFP's CWC campaign?

2b. A1s Queen's Gambait?

Many thanks,

C.

Verify that you have the caa1_p_Models_DBE1.pbo in arma2\x\caa1\addons.

The size should be: 721 MB (757.014.399 bytes)

Refer to the FAQ for the second question.

In short the unmodified should be possible to launch, yet contain issues.

If you are interested to help out making them playable, send me a mail please. :)

Friends |ToK| server online CAA1 addons expect those who want to play.

Play ArmA II (Beta) with CAA1

Game PUBLIC Server:|ToK| Turk Arma2|Sahrani Sunucusu-addon Server

Game Type:ArmA Armed Assault 2

IP Address:85.25.11.33:2302

Slot:64

Added On: CAA1

No progress from what I am aware of. Some world devs said that they are up to something.

Either it turn out well or they just didn't share it.

Pretty sure it can be solved though. No real difference between a1 and a2 WRP known

so far in that regard. Maybe someone can try to replace the a1 with a2 roads?

Via YAS you can easily download the files you want. The wiki has some basic information

what is needed for the worlds.

Ok, thank you for the update.

I tried to change the A1 roads to A2 roads with no success. I did only replace a few of them so I could have a straight road to test on, maybe the whole road is needed (but I duobt that).

Hi, when I start the game I get an error that says

"Addon 'caa1_f_camel' requires addon Extended_EventHandlers'"

I hit ok and the game seems to start normally. This is with latest files from Yoma sync server.

CBA is a community Addon which is needed for Different other Addons like the FLIR Addon,you can ignore the message or download CBA from Armaholic..

I tried to get Sakakah working,Kju said that u have to binarize the files to make it work.What exactly did he mean with that?:confused:

@kju : thanks for the tip. I re-downloaded the caa1_p_Models_DBE1.pbo via Yoma and I no longer receive that error message :yay:

But I now get another :o

It's the same as mrjingo, i.e. "Addon 'caa1_f_camel' requires addon Extended_EventHandlers'"

So, hopefully once he has a fix, I can use it :D

BTW is it possible to use OAC files downloaded via Yoma for ARMA2 in ARMA1?

i.e. if I want to play CWC campaign in ARMA1, can I used the OAC files from ARMA2?

I don't know if someone mentioned it yet but i've experienced a bug with the huntingrifle. I'm running the latest beta patch(downloaded 15 minutes ago) and i use the latest CAA1 version. When i now place a unit with a huntingrifle it has ammo and the rifle in it's inventory but it can't fire nor reload and the ammo counter is zero bullets and zero mags. I wasn't using any other addons when i tested that and it can't be the patch, i also had this problem yesterday with an older ArmA 2 version. Well, it's not a big terrible bug but i thought you might want to know. ;)

Hi, when I start the game I get an error that says

"Addon 'caa1_f_camel' requires addon Extended_EventHandlers'"

I hit ok and the game seems to start normally. This is with latest files from Yoma sync server.

So is my problem a bug or something wrong on my end?

kju,

will the installer download be updated ever? I prefer to either download the files manually or use the installer as opposed the the Yoma Sync.

The site still reads "CAA1_2009-08-21.exe (1.9 GB)"

Thanks

@ mrjingo

Verify your startup line in regards of CBA and the setup. Working fine here.

There is another issue with the AH6 config unrelated to this though.

CBA note

@ domokun

You can download the complete OAC mission and campign repository via the six updater.

@ AnimalMother92

You always have the HTTP_download as alternative.

The installer is not planned to be updated unless anything major changes.

---

Sickboy had developed a new install and update system.

We are looking for interested people to test it. The interface is still very basic.

It is an automated full installer and updater application.

If you are interested to try it, send me a mail.

So is my problem a bug or something wrong on my end?

Set CBA on first position: "...ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA;x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core"

No. He makes everyone not to host the worlds as he does not like a2 and BI's actions.

Wow I really do not like using Yoma's Sync deal for DL'in stuff. That's one reasoning why I stopped using OAC for A1, which was a shame cause I really liked it.

Ok I'm sure this is all on my end since this tool confuses the hell out of me. I've been trying to DL the new CAA1 files for a few days now but I can't seem to be able to DL certain files. Sometimes I get an error that says something about "The system cannot find the file specified" and the extraction fails. The thing is, the other some files gave that error but got DL'd today. I'm seeming to have trouble with the p_buildings, w_desert and w_desert1 today.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I tried to find the seperate files at DH but I didn't see them any more. I'm just a lowly SP player so this Yoma tool doesn't ever get any use from me, though I've tried it in the past and always ditch it after a few days.

Edited by Manzilla

Manzilla: PM me if you need help also make sure you're using the latest version (v1.0.26 atm)

Also it might just be a temporary server overload.

And i think there is a torrent link somewhere too!

I get comments that vary from raving, to boooh, i like the ravings and try learning from the boo's

Edited by Yoma