Sign in to follow this  
.kju

CAA1 public release

For what i understand there is no answer of the questions of voodoo or the official position of BIS on this url, just a thanks from the author to BIS and a license.

I asked to placebo if we can host these files when the first version of this addon come out and he answer the sentence that voodoo quote.

I know my english is really bad :) but i understand we can't host this addons on ours servers because players who don't have arma1 can download this addons who contain armed assault 1 original but maybe we didn't understood correctly?

mmmh, if you look at the very beginning of the 1st sentence :

Thanks to BI's okay
means "thanks to the fact BI said 'OK'" ;)

hey is it possable to play multi player with this mod? cuz evertime i join a server it tells me remove CAA1

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

OMG this is THE 8 TIME ITS CRASHED AND IVE HAD IT FOR 6 HOURS!!!!!

He understood that, but he would prefer a real message written by BI because Placebo said the contrary.

really it tends to happen in the map its self maybe its our computer whats your specs?

The CAA1 project is awesome! :yay:THX to all involved members, especially to kju for managing this project and thanks to BI for their okay.

Well done!

For what i understand there is no answer of the questions of voodoo or the official position of BIS on this url, just a thanks from the author to BIS and a license.

I asked to placebo if we can host these files when the first version of this addon come out and he answer the sentence that voodoo quote.

I know my english is really bad :) but i understand we can't host this addons on ours servers because players who don't have arma1 can download this addons who contain armed assault 1 original but maybe we didn't understood correctly?

Thanks to BI's okay

Why is why I PM'd Kju today to ask him who at BIS had given the "OK" because it's news to Marek and myself. Waiting for a reply.

Oh no please don't let this be true...:eek:

If it would happen to be true and BIS wants it removed i'll pull it out of addonsync defaultservers instantly.

Please please please don't let this be true.

I think everybody - myself included saw this (posts #56-58) in the original discussion thread and assumed it was some sort of CWR-style sanctioned "bring everything together into one huge game" cunning plan on BIS's part.....

A shame if it isn't... I've already used the lure of "working sahrani" to persuade a couple of diehard Arma 1 player friends to finally buy Arma 2...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Hopefully all turns out alright. I would believe that this mod brings more sales to ArmA2 than losses in ArmA.

@ Voodoonice

We got the permission from the project leader of ArmA II.

If BI revokes that now, we will put the Queen's Gabmit part offline of course.

The rest of ArmA I is available in the sample license and therefore free to port

to any BI title.

Of course if you see it strict, BI didn't give out the permission to allow all file

types needed for it (sample models include mainly models, not textures, sounds, configs, etc).

Yet that would have made many addons in OFP and ArmA I not possible as well.

Placebo got the chat log via mail.

@ Kr3v

First of try to lower your VD, try different terrain grid values (grass settings),

lower your video memory. If the problem persists, please make a bug

report in the CAA1 project space.

There is a chance that crashes are related to the worlds not fully being to

the ArmA II wrp format.

@ Simon C

I assume this is due the missing ArmA II specific armory / SOM values.

Also some modules need location definitions in the configs.

This addon is absolutely incredible, I loved the islands in ARMA1 so this is such a treat

Thanks for the hard work!

To Kju,

I have direct port of Xeno's current version of The Longest day A2 1.04 back to the original Arma 1 island Sahrani. But I can't play with it on my own dedicated server. Because it always show "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. extra_vehicles". But I have checked my mission.sqm file the "extra_vehicles" is in mission.sqm addons and addons auto list.

However I deleted or entry "extra_vehicles" in mission.sqs but thin problen still show up in after server crashed.

I cannot play this mission after update the new(2009_08_22) CAA1 and OAC. But I could play it for previous CAA1 and OAC as well. So can you help? Thanks

Edited by MonsterXXX

@MonsterXXX

I've just checked my CAA1 files and I don't have an "extra vehicles" file...

This sounds like a leftover dependency from the previous CAA1 version - make a backup just in case, then try deleting the entry for "extra_vehicles" from both the "Addons" and "addons auto" list at the beginning of your mission.sqm...

Remember the last item in the lists dont have a comma "," after it!

Then re-pbo and give it a go....

B

@MonsterXXX

I've just checked my CAA1 files and I don't have an "extra vehicles" file...

This sounds like a leftover dependency from the previous CAA1 version - make a backup just in case, then try deleting the entry for "extra_vehicles" from both the "Addons" and "addons auto" list at the beginning of your mission.sqm...

Remember the last item in the lists dont have a comma "," after it!

Then re-pbo and give it a go....

B

To Bushlurker,

The "Extra_Vehicles" is inside the "oac_core_2009_08_20.pbo" file. What should I do?

@ kju

hi mate, listen, a couple of questions, can you tell me what changed from the beta-private version and this public release?

I mean they all work, and look extremely awesome

but I "feel" like I lost the gained extra FPS by using arma1 islands

did you guys improved the landscape textures? or upgraded buildings?

what would I lose if I return to the pre-release version?

regards

@ MonsterXXX

See comment in the ticket you created. :)

@ waffen

Nothing too drastically apart from compressing the textures with a2 tools available now,

and compress models with the new binarizes (m113, ka50).

So really you should not see a FPS difference. More likely some slight improvement

due to the way better texture compression (unless this is the problem).

Did you try without no other addons than CAA1 and OAC core?

Very happy to hear it's not a problem for BIS :yay:

@ kju

hey there mate!

thanks for the quick answer, and no, I was also using ACEIP and several other unit addons, I'll remove them and get back to you

ok mod works GREATLY, love the maps.. BUT BUT BUT

cant find my littlebirds in the editor anymore, + where do I install mods now? o.o

Please ask the author to adapt his config to OAC core. :)

caa1 rocks kju, thnx for this. performance is amazing. all my mods work, but like the guy above, the little birds do not appear in the editor. but they do work if u copy n paste them from another mission oddly.