Sign in to follow this  
Borg

Performance.

Hello everyone!

I'm playing the demo right now as I have not bought the full game yet.

Planning on buying it tomorrow actually, but first:

The performance difference between the Demo and Full game, how big is it?

I'm playing at normal/low/disabled settings with GeForce 9800GT, C2D E6600 2.4 Ghz and 2GB ram.

I think it's kinda' funny as I play ArmA with full settings without any lag at all,

but ArmA 2 looks even WORSE and it still lags! :S

The graphics looks really silly actually.. the trees look like OFP trees.. x)

Also, will the game run smoother if I OC the C2D E6600 from 2.40Ghz to around 3.2Ghz?

If so, will I need some better cooling system, or will it be ok with the standard cooling system?

The performance difference between the Demo and Full game, how big is it?

The performance varies depending on the mission. The one single player mission in the demo (Trial By Fire) run pretty smoothly for me but I'm having major struggle to get playable frame rates on some campaign missions. The game is CPU hungry as you possibly can figure out by checking some of the performance related threads here in the troubleshooting forums.

Also, will the game run smoother if I OC the C2D E6600 from 2.40Ghz to around 3.2Ghz?

Yes, it probably does. But I do not recommend to overclock your system if you don't know what you are doing.

The full game runs about the same as the demo... play the warfare mode in SP in the demo and visit one of the towns, thats about how fast the full version runs in the big towns.

Patch 1.04 is supposed to fix and help with performance so the full version will run faster at some stage, but dont expect miracles compared to the demo.

Also, the training/bootcamp part of the game runs 100% faster for me than the campaign and multiplayer.

Overclocking your CPU will help A LOT, you should have done it months and years ago!

Run it at 3.2 or even 3.4, I have my E6420 @ 3.5 almost without a problem.

Yes you will need better cooling, most cheap aftermarket heatsinks will suffice, ask your local store!

Yapa

The main singleplayer level in the demo (can't remember the name, but you land on a beach in a chopper) runs MUCH, MUCH smoother than the full game. I get around 40 to 50fps on that level, yet 20fps in the real campaign.