Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

Scripting the Condition/Probability of Presence...

I know you can set a unit's "Probability of Presence" to decide the percentage chance of said unit spawning in the game, and even set it to zero, in order to have the unit not appear at all. The same can be done with the "Condition of Presence", by setting it to "False", unless I'm mistaken.

What I'm wondering, is if it's possible to change this on the fly via a trigger, and, if so, how?

For example, a squad of infantry's presence is set to 0% probability, but once a certain trigger has been activated, the probability gets set to 100%, and they instantly spawn. Is there a way to do this? :confused:

The probability of presence is only there for when the mission starts. It does the check once, and that's it.

Only way to create units mid-game is by creating them by script.

I'm not entirely sure about the condition of presence though, but I think it falls under the same limitations. So if the check isn't succeeded at mission start you'll have to create the units manually by script.

I got a script almost ready that does exactly what you want... But its not done because I want to test how (and if) it works on a dedicated server, lol. And I got damn work tomorrow. Need to work faster :(

If you just want to do it the simple way, the theory is quite easy: make a script that stores all unit variables (what type, weapons, skill etc) much like Norrins respawn script, delete the units, then remake them on a call of the trigger. My primitive V1 script is somewhere in a thread here ("basic spawn" something or other, I forget. Just search).

Edited by Murklor