Sign in to follow this  
Inkompetent

INKO Disposable

My bad, your fault. :) I forget that all the time.

I'm not so worried about the geo lod, it's a detail LOD problem, namely, a missing texture. It could be fixed, but on dePBOing your addon, it looks like you'd have to pull some hex editing love. Fair enough.

Ahh.. Was hard to judge from the image. And well... if it comes to hex editing I can say at once that I won't/can't fix it. Never done it. And do not intend to learn. Modelling and texturing isn't my thing, so if it's not very basic it's over my head :)

INKO Disposable 1.3 released!

Almost a year since the last update, but after having gone through my initial high on Operation Arrowhead and BAF (yes, I'm a late purchaser), here it finally is!

Version highlights:

v1.3 (20010-09-05):

- Added: NLAW launcher has been made disposable

- Added: M2A2 has got disposable launchers added to its cargo.

- Changed: All OA and BAF vehicles and ammo boxes has had their disposable launcher ammunition changed to actual launchers.

- Changed: Addon cfgPatches class name changed to inko_disposable_oa

THIS VERSION IS FOR COMBINED OPERATIONS ONLY!

YOU CAN GET IT HERE (FILEFRONT)!

Edited by Inkompetent

And a lil' clarification because of initial messup and lack of sleep: The addon will NOT work with only OA. It does require Combined Operations.

Thansk,expecially for the "Changed: All OA and BAF vehicles and ammo boxes has had their disposable launcher ammunition changed to actual launchers."

I love this addon. Sometimes gameplay has to take a back seat in the interests of realism and this is a case in point. I also love the extra options it gives us in gameplay and ammo crate setup. It introduces a whole new set of tactical choices.

The RPG 18 and M136 are lightweight weapons you might expect your average grunt to be able to use. They don't have a lot of punch and the fact that they can't be reloaded reduces the training required to use them so we can issue them to players OTHER than the dedicated AT guys. That's why I like this addon - it gives guys on the ground limited anti armour capabilities they can use in a pinch without calling for AT support.

But I'm worried the NLAW is a step too far. Allow me to explain; The removal of reloads means less training for operators, so it can be more widely deployed, ie, to basic infantrymen. But, the NLAW is much more powerful than the M136. If we continue to give basic infantrymen these non reloadable weapons, aren't we eroding the role of the dedicated AT shooter?

Edited by Tankbuster

Thanks Foxhound, and all others too!

And about the NLAW I'm afraid that's more in the hands of the mission designer (i.e. using custom ammo box and vehicle cargo content). If one wants to make British troops as they are today one can just smack ILAWs on them instead (i.e. the AT4 CS, which is designated 'Interim Lightweight Anti-tank Weapon' in UK), but the intent of the British Armed Forces is to replace both their LAW 80 and ILAW with the fire-and-forget disposable NLAW, making it the only medium AT weapon in the infantry.

However the process for doing so will probably take quite a few years even if the deployment of the weapon has begun, so a mix of M136 and NLAW within the infantry sections would probably be the most realistic.

Little update (which is shamelessly almost identical to my post in the AAW-thread):

I am working on a new version of INKO Disposable, and I am wondering if you people who use it have any particular requests for features or changes of any kind.

I have already made it more modular with a 'core'-PBO containing the scripts, and separate PBOs for ArmA2 and OA configs (since 1.3 needs CO and doesn't work with OA standalone, which I want to remedy), and moved the Russian language for the RPG-18 into a separate PBO.

On top of that I plan to include a more proper editor's readme for creating disposable launchers.

There are no major functionality-changes yet though (partially since I still haven't figured out how to make the RPG-18 and M136 stop bouncing). Just some work on displayNames.

I am also pondering to add in another optional PBO or two for improved ballistics and stuff, so that the weapons actually shoot more like they should.

If there's anything you for, no matter how small, please let me know one way or another!

PS. You shouldn't need to worry (much) about the requiredAddons-entries. The OA-PBO is still called inko_disposable_oa. However the new A2-specific PBO is called inko_disposable_a2. Just wanted to give a headsup.

Thanks for your message in the aaw thread mate - I've just been thinking about a way to fix the bouncing empty tube prob that sometimes occurs.

As the used tubes are config'd as a vehicle have you ever thought of setting the velocity of the tube to zero for a few seconds after the tube hits the ground using setVelocity? Could be worth a go if you haven't tried it already.

PS: I'll have a chat to soldierX about additional functionality that might be useful.

Hey Inko,

Any reason not to set "type = 0" on the magazines ?

Makes sense since they're pre-loaded in the tube and the setting would make them completely invisible in the gear menu, taking 0 space.

As the used tubes are config'd as a vehicle have you ever thought of setting the velocity of the tube to zero for a few seconds after the tube hits the ground using setVelocity? Could be worth a go if you haven't tried it already.

PS: I'll have a chat to soldierX about additional functionality that might be useful.

Well, the problem usually comes after they are hit by shots/explosions. Could probably be solved by replacing them with a object with no simulation once they reach a ground velocity near zero. Would just be nice if one could manage it without ugly workarounds ^^

Hey Inko,

Any reason not to set "type = 0" on the magazines ?

Makes sense since they're pre-loaded in the tube and the setting would make them completely invisible in the gear menu, taking 0 space.

One can 'overload' an inventory even with objects with an actual size, so it's not really an issue since they only exist as long as the tube is shouldered. The reason for doing so however is to be safe against accidental mistakes with missions that happen to have a lot of ammo, since picking up a launcher from a crate with A LOT of rounds could cause extreme overloading, so it's a 'better safe than sorry'-solution.

Might have to tend to such an ugly solution! As long as they work. :)

Thanks for reminding me of that command, btw. Just recalled the config-settings as it were.

Ever since I installed INKO 1.3 I've been having problems.

When I try to restore a saved game the restore fails and says that this is saved with content dependant on addon INKO_Disposable (or something like that).

I know INKO is enabled and is infact working during game play.

I actually would prefer to reinstall INKO 1.2 for now but I can't find it anywhere to download anymore (I hastily deleted my previous copy).

Sorry for the very late reply (since for some reason my subscription to this thread doesn't seem to work).

That's an understandable issue due to changed addon-name (config-wise, and it's yet another result of thoughtlesness on my part when making the update), but at the same time I was hoping it wouldn't make that kind of imprint at all. Either way the next version shouldn't suffer from that due to a total remake of the PBO-structure.

You can still get the 1.2 version from Filefront though. http://www.filefront.com/17263750/inko_disposable_v1-2.zip/

There's a link at the bottom of the first post at the first page as well.

I was trying to figure out why my NLAW doesn't work right anymore and i see it is because of this addon. And i wondered why BIS would make it a reloadable weapon with a seperate assistant NLAW soldier if it is only a disposable weapon.

You probably have done your homework for this but i searched online and i have seen it said that it is disposable and that it is reusable. IN fact here is a link that says one of it's features is that it is "•Anti-tank missile integrated in a reloadable launcher"

this is the site i got that quote from:

http://www.saabtechnologies.net/en/Land/Weapon-Systems/support-weapons/NLAW-Next-Generation-Light-Antitank-Weapon/Features/

So is it possible that it is both?

I was trying to figure out why my NLAW doesn't work right anymore and i see it is because of this addon. And i wondered why BIS would make it a reloadable weapon with a seperate assistant NLAW soldier if it is only a disposable weapon.

You probably have done your homework for this but i searched online and i have seen it said that it is disposable and that it is reusable. IN fact here is a link that says one of it's features is that it is "•Anti-tank missile integrated in a reloadable launcher"

this is the site i got that quote from:

http://www.saabtechnologies.net/en/Land/Weapon-Systems/support-weapons/NLAW-Next-Generation-Light-Antitank-Weapon/Features/

So is it possible that it is both?

BIS has always been and continues to be wrong about most missile/recoilless systems. Carrying two NLAWs plus a rifle would be most difficult. Most likely the launchers can be saved and returned for reloading, but there is no separate missile carried that can be loaded into the tube. The missile and launcher are a single unit. There is nothing to reload.

The soldier can bring the missile system from the carry position to the firing position and make it ready to fire in under five seconds. The soldier discards the launcher after firing and can retain the night sight if needed.

The 115/150mm calibre launcher is of composite material construction. The launcher is fitted with the gunner's optical sight, a foldaway launch device, handles and firing mechanism, battery package, carrying straps and a firing support. A mounting rail attached to the launcher is for attaching any night sight.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mbt_law/

Edited by akd42

As akd42 mentions the NLAW is not a field-reloadable weapon. It might be that they save some money on returning spent tubes for factory reloading, but for what we'd encounter in ArmA they are indeed one-shot disposables.

Help please, do not work on save all the missions in the editor, a message appears stating that the deleted mod INKO Disposable, with the active inko v1.3 message have been removed inko oa and the active inko 1.2 message that deleted inko, activation of two versions of the message deleted inko??? I need help with any possible varianty.:confused:I wish that people would be in the description to fashion informed about the degree (level) of the potential threat to your game:mad: (for example, I would strongly recommend disabling this mod when you create a mission in the editor) I am also noob most people are using the editor.:(

On our dedicated Combined Operations server, clients who connect with the mod (1.3 is in our KHPackOA addon pack) produce a flood of errors in the server's rpt:

2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.INKO_M136_USED'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: Error: creating magazine INKO_M136_USED with scope=private
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.displayNameShort'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.count'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.maxLeadSpeed'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.initSpeed'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.reloadAction'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.modelSpecial'.
2011/01/05, 14:14:42 Warning Message: No entry '.ammo'.

Apart from these flooding errors the addons appears to work fine. The server is not running the mod. Is it necessary to do so?.

Edited by [KH]Jman