Sign in to follow this  
deadsmell

For all PVP players that are frustrated or bored

Hello all. Are you disappointed with the Lack of good PVP missions?

Well so was I.

Thats why I have been working hard on creating, well thought out, fun, Team based PVP CTF missions.

I know what your thinking,:

"oh great another lame ass CTF mission that some dumb ass slopped together and called it good."

I assure you that this is not the case. I'm putting alot of thought and effort into these maps, and it shows through in the end product.

My missions will have you immersed into an amazing environment, working as a team, and I guarantee you will find yourself having more fun, a whole lot faster.

The first missions have already been released. You can find them here.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84286

The mission is called, "Tiddleewinks"

The download will also give you the daytime version, "Tiddleewinks (day)"

I am posting this here in the multiplayer section in an effort to draw more attention to the mission, because since I have owned Arma 2, I have just been sitting in empty servers, or playing sub par missions that just have players scattered about, or wandering around like a rats in a maze.

Please download the missions and tell me what you think. Either here, or in the User missions thread.

Also, PLEASE come by and play with us. Usually on the Team Toast server, But I may be putting another one up under my own name, either way just come play with us! American Time Zones, but ALL are welcome.

My next map/mission release should be in the next couple days. In the meantime check out Tiddleewinks, and see whats in store.......

Here is the mission description as posted in the user missions thread:

TIDDLEEWINKS MISSION DESCRIPTION:

The mission is an arena style PVP CTF. It is staged in a hardcore dug in warzone environment. The Mission has been designed to give players alot of cover, while maintaining situational awareness of the battlefield. There is a hospital near each spawn for healing, as well as half of the players for each team are medics/corpsman. Medics and Corpsman are responsible for treating wounded rifleman that cant make it back to the hospital.

The mission area itself runs east/west and is probably about 250 - 300 (guessing) meters long with a strong point in the middle. Not even going to guess how wide it is, but its wide enough, its also designed in a way that will keep the action in front of the players, allowing use of peripheral vision. Again I wanted situational awareness on this map. There are also ramps and earthen ramparts for players to get some additional vantage points from.

Now for the bells and whistles.

This is the nighttime version of Tiddleewinks. Its very dark. good thing there are illumination flares being launched into the air to light your way. In addition to the illumination flares, the surrounding area is being pounded by rockets, and artillery barrages. The flares and the flashes from the rockets and artillery pounding are all that light your way. It creates a fantastic environment, with the battlefield flickering and flashing from the sudden flashes of light around the area. There will be SHORT, random, intermittent blackouts, that occur between reloads of the flares and the artillery that will cause sudden black outs that can last from an instant, to several seconds. While it may be scary at first, the effect is incredible, and the more you play it the more you will appreciate those sudden blackouts. The blackouts can be used to move under the cover of dark, or just may save your butt when your on the losing end of some incoming fire. ya never know. Also if you play the map for long sessions at a time, after about an hour or so the moon will start to rise in the east providing ambient light as well.

hmm what else can I say about this map. This map is incredibly addictive. Players get into the action fast, lots of intense fire fights, lots of good cover, encourages teamwork.

Try this map, I guarantee you'll love it.

Thank you.

I hope you all enjoy it.

Please let me know what you think.

More to come...........

Edited by deadsmell

I'll log on tonight and see if I can find a server running it, sounds fun.

Hey man, there should be servers up, but if you know what time your going to be playing Ill jump on and play with you.

I just need to relax for a little bit first.

Im SoCal too, and Ill be up late.

Ok you guys.

I have several new maps i would like to release, but to be honest, I can only test the missions so much by myself. And I really would like a good community playtest before I release the final versions.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that these maps are top notch quality. I have worked through as many of the kinks as I can going solo, so I really need a community playtest. I would really like to release this map pack tomorrow, but pending a decent playtest...........

Im calling on the community here to help with a simple playtest. I just need to make sure these missions/maps perform well under a populated server. I really appreciate it.

sign off here to playtest my new map release......................PLEASE

I promise not to disappoint..........

If they're good enough for beta testing just upload them as a beta version ;)

Ok you guys, my new map pack has been made available for download.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I accidentally overlooked some of the weapon selection options for CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night) in the initial release. Rocket launchers and grenade launchers were never supposed to be available. The map was not designed for those weapons to be employed at all. The map pack now has the fixed mission files for CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night).

If you donwloaded the pack earlier, please download again, and replace the old CTF_Tactical, and CTF_Tactical(night) files in your mpmissions folder with new, proper versions.

All the other missions should be fine.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

deadsmell's CTF Competitor's Pack:

This is where the funs at.

Description:

Mission pack containing 6 Capture The Flag missions.

Content:

CTF_Heroes: If you ever played ghost recon 2. not graw, the old ghost recon 2. There was a map called bunkers on that game. This map is kind of an homage to that good old original GR2 map. As in all my maps cover is abundant, and so is situational awareness.

I spent many hours on this baby.

Theres so much to say about this map I dont know where to start anymore.

Its really a great map, you just got to play it.

CTF_Heroes(night): Heroes at night. The moon is up when the game starts, so let your eyes adjust during the intro.

CTF_Tactical: Set in the heart of the industrial park in Cherno along the railroad tracks. This is a great location that just got a whole lot better. This is an instant classic, dont miss out on this one.

CTF_Tactical(night): Tactical at night. No nvg's. The streetlights over the tracks are on adding an ominous touch to an already grizzly looking battlefield. Lots of fun.

CTF_TiddleewinksV2: Update to the original Tiddleewinks map.

Changes:

Pulled Artillery farther back from mission area.

Changed Artillery timing

Over all volume is reduced

Changed flare timing

Blackouts should be less frequent, shorter, and more predictable.

Lobby dialog fixed

Installation:

Extract the pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\MPMissions folder.

You guys owe it to yourselves to try these. Lots of fun.

The maps were designed to be fun, balanced, and competitive. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Edited by deadsmell

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I accidentally overlooked some of the weapon selection options for CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night) in the initial release. Rocket launchers and grenade launchers were never supposed to be available. The map was not designed for those weapons to be employed at all. The map pack now has the fixed mission files for CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night).

If you donwloaded the pack earlier, please download again, and replace the old CTF_Tactical, and CTF_Tactical(night) files in your mpmissions folder with new, proper versions.

All the other missions should be fine.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

We played Heroes (night) tonight- personally I really liked the atmosphere - all those rat-runs through the trenches in the dark with the artillery going off were very cool. A couple of other guys commented that it was a nice layout too. Great job! :-)

Thank you Mac. That means alot man. Makes me very happy to hear that.

I saw some guys playing Tactical earlier, and as soon as I got in i saw that EVERYONE was just shooting rockets and grenade launchers, and I just about had a heart attack. LOL. Those weapons werent supposed to be there at all, and it was completely ruining the map.

Make sure you guys get the new version of CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night).

The new versions do not have rockets or grenade launchers. Which is the proper way the map is supposed to be played.

Thanks again man.

That was a great mission! In contrast to other missions,

I did not like the end but the way until the end!

Sincerly Jan

Thanks Jan, Im glad you enjoyed it.

Just curious, which map was it you liked?

And what happened at the end? lol.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Heres a demo video of CTF_Heroes.

Watch in HQ:

September 1st 2009: New Map Release:

I have a new map for the community.

This is my first Capture and Hold map.

It is 5-6 Times bigger than any of my previous maps.

There are no borders.

I have paid extra close attention to object placement. There shouldnt be any out of place objects, however it is a big area with alot of objects, so if you see something i missed, let me know.

Its really a great scenario for large scale TVT PVP infantry. I hope you all enjoy it, and give some feedback.

This map should be loads of fun. Its currently set up for 32 players, but if i get feedback indicating players/server admins want the player count raised, I can add more.

I wanted to release it as a 32 player map first though.

This map should have an extremely high fun factor, and high replay value for those that enjoy action and teamwork.

Both day and night versions available now.

deadsmell presents.........

C&H Guts And Glory

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7210

as posted in the user missions: