Sign in to follow this  
-APS- Conan

Beta patch fail for me

My game was running perfectly before installing new patch. Now ive got this jittering happening and loading texture its appauling and constant CTD.

Gone from playing flat out to spending more time with my family so it cant be that bad but still.

That's why it's called a beta I suppose - No functionality improvements guaranteed, install at your own risk and all that jazz.

Besides that, the beta patch is installed as Modfolder (in a beta folder) so you can go back to your default (non-beta version) by simply deleting either the modfolder or removing the -mod=beta line from your shortcut.

If you moved the executable from the beta modfolder to your main A2 installation, well that's your very own fault then. :p

I've noticed a slight performance boost from the Beta patch.. but i did overclock my gpu around the same time.

The patch installed an exe that you need to run as a mod for it to do anything, otherwise everything else was untouched on my machine.

So don't run the beta mod, you can go back to neglecting your family.

from directory where normal nonbeta arma2.exe is located

you run it by .\beta\arma2.exe -mod=beta

or use provided shortcut from beta installer

Conan;1415315']My game was running perfectly before installing new patch. Now ive got this jittering happening and loading texture its appauling and constant CTD.

Gone from playing flat out to spending more time with my family so it cant be that bad but still.

did u defragment after the install?