Sign in to follow this  
Stemack

British Royal Marine Commandos

Now we need choopers or some vehicles for these commandos, any one knows where to get them?

@RUDOLF

The UKF Jackals and BWMOD Eurofighters can be ported over quite easily [though you'll need permission to release them], and the LCU just works with minor errors if you have CAA1. Didn't have any joy with the Boss Landrovers or RKSL Lynx's though [unless you like white glass].

There's already an L119 [M119] ingame, and a harrier, a great RAF Chinook available, and the PMC Apache [it says US army on the side, but really, it's not going to get close enough to notice!]

So basically- One land vehicle, one boat, one transport chopper, a CAS Chopper, a field gun and two air support planes. Should be enough to get you started!

Not much else available atm, have to wait for the modellers to finish their masterpieces!

@RUDOLF

The UKF Jackals and BWMOD Eurofighters can be ported over quite easily [though you'll need permission to release them], and the LCU just works with minor errors if you have CAA1. Didn't have any joy with the Boss Landrovers or RKSL Lynx's though [unless you like white glass].

Wouldn't porting these be in breach of the addon makers ELUA ?

@RUDOLF

Wouldn't porting these be in breach of the addon makers ELUA ?

That's why he said you need to ask permission. :)

problum with mod on dedi server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok i got a dedi Arma2 server i add these mod onto the server

British Royal Marine Commandos c.2001

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6943

RAF Chinook

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6232

and i got them also in my add on folder

but when i put a mission on the server with theses that i made it says

can not play this /edit this missions as it is depedent on dowload content brit3/ch47

but it will let me host a server and use the missions np

yes i thought it was the wrong addon/version so i delete the version on the server and uploaded the versions on my pc but still get the same thing

please help

could it be that these will not run on a dedi server

problum with mod on dedi server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok i got a dedi Arma2 server i add these mod onto the server

British Royal Marine Commandos c.2001

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6943

RAF Chinook

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6232

and i got them also in my add on folder

but when i put a mission on the server with theses that i made it says

can not play this /edit this missions as it is depedent on dowload content brit3/ch47

but it will let me host a server and use the missions np

yes i thought it was the wrong addon/version so i delete the version on the server and uploaded the versions on my pc but still get the same thing

please help

could it be that these will not run on a dedi server

Wasting your time trying to run these on dedi till bugs & errors are fixed, CH47forget about it, never got straight answer about Arma1 CH47 & still waiting for answer about Arma2 CH47 from SN so it will never happen. Arma1 ch47 is easily fixed havent looked at arma2 version yet to see what he stuffed up this time.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

That's why he said you need to ask permission. :)

If you had read post properly you will see he has ported this stuff without permission so ytf hasn't the creators whinged like they normally do about anyone else ? Double Standards or depends on "who" you are whever you get harassed by the addon gestapo ?

He hasn't released any screens, videos or given them to anyone else. If he say, started posting screens of stuff ported without permission to advertise his clan, like you did, he'd be in trouble. If you're so sore about being caught out for porting stuff without permission, you have to ask yourself, why did you tell us "fuck you UKF" back when we asked you to ask for permission. It's not like we didn't give you a chance....you just chose to take the "stick two fingers up" route.

Anyway, all this is offtopic. If you could cease trolling every post where UKF or VOLCBAT are mentioned, and if you wish to reverse your "fuck you" policy, I can be found via PM.

Edited by Pathy

If you had read post properly you will see he has ported this stuff without permission so ytf hasn't the creators whinged like they normally do about anyone else ? Double Standards or depends on "who" you are whever you get harassed by the addon gestapo ?

I did read the post properly. He hasn't released anything, so he's done nothing wrong. You're allowed to port anything you want so long as you don't release it without obtaining permission for it.

Wasting your time trying to run these on dedi till bugs & errors are fixed, CH47forget about it, never got straight answer about Arma1 CH47 & still waiting for answer about Arma2 CH47 from SN so it will never happen. Arma1 ch47 is easily fixed havent looked at arma2 version yet to see what he stuffed up this time.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

ok thanks i change the skins/helos to usmc ones till a2 version are release thanks

Does anyone knows the faction tag for this units? I like to put it in ACM so that they will only respawn Brits soldiers instead of USMC.

Another thing, can you create cfgGroups independent of current units configs? I figure I want to create my own cfgGroups for this units without having to dePbo the original files.

Thanks

Does anyone knows the faction tag for this units? I like to put it in ACM so that they will only respawn Brits soldiers instead of USMC.

Another thing, can you create cfgGroups independent of current units configs? I figure I want to create my own cfgGroups for this units without having to dePbo the original files.

Thanks

Faction = BritArmy :) (smilie not in config!)

Proberly an error whilst writing the cfg, do you really want to redownload the whole addon just because it says army instead of RN? If you do I will do it but be :confused: at the same time.

It was just because thats the same as my new brit units, just so everything came under the same faction list...

the faction classname doesnt matter though, its only the display name that you see anyways

How can you change them so they are all in DPM instead of the split, I have seen the .paas with the full dpm in the files but cant seem to get them to work. Thanks

Any chance of making them spawn with the UKF weapons? It's annoying having to give every Brit I spawn his own L85.

hi i really want to be able to play as british royal marines in the game. ive read all the post in this thread but i haven't been able to figure it out. would anyody be so kind as to spend some time to spell out ho i can attache/download and use this great addon?

PS : in layman's terms please

hi i really want to be able to play as british royal marines in the game. ive read all the post in this thread but i haven't been able to figure it out. would anyody be so kind as to spend some time to spell out ho i can attache/download and use this great addon?

PS : in layman's terms please

Follow Option 2 in this guide to create a mod folder.

Follow Option 2 in this guide to create a mod folder.

hi, thanks for the help. i followed the guide but when i try to apply the changes to armaII properties to include -mod=@Royal_Marines im told the target box is invalid. ive checked and tried again but same result.

any ideas?

it will look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@RMC

not

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe -mod=@RMC"

Look out for the quotes ( " )