Sign in to follow this  
giu

Is NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT + Intel Core Duo 2 T7300 2.00Ghz good enough for ArmAII?

Dear All

my first post.

I just got ArmAII I am trying to enjoy it, but it plays very poorly on my machine.

Is my NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT + Intel Core Duo 2 T7300 2.00Ghz machine not good enough for ArmAII?

Please, let me know.

Thanks

giu

:confused::mad:

Your GPU is poor.Even high spec machines are having trouble with this game though.It's a broken game really.

I don't ever see it playing well on your computer though no matter how much patches they release.

Dear All

my first post.

I just got ArmAII I am trying to enjoy it, but it plays very poorly on my machine.

Is my NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT + Intel Core Duo 2 T7300 2.00Ghz machine not good enough for ArmAII?

Please, let me know.

Thanks

giu

:confused::mad:

In a word, no.

Sorry :(

Your GPU is poor.Even high spec machines are having trouble with this game though.It's a broken game really.

I don't ever see it playing well on your computer though no matter how much patches they release.

Don't listen to this guy at all, plays brilliantly on an 8800 GT OC, no problems at all, but your system won't run it, sorry dude.

You should have looked at the system specifications anyway.

you have similar system setup to me only i have 3.2ghz dual core and 8500 gfx card. game plays relatively ok on normal to high settings, but to higher veiw distance causes serious frame stuttering in single player campaign mode. However in MP and Scenerios i can increase the view distance to pretty high without having any frame stutter. so really it just the campaign that pushes your system the hardest. you might beable to play it with your settings set to normal and your video memory and AA set to high or very high (i have just 1gb and works better at high setting for me). so if you ask me i think you probably will get the game to work with your system just the campaign will be a problem to for you to play, so just play the MP missions or scenerios. plus theres plenty of user made missions to downlaod too.

Basically if it works on mine then i dont see why your system shouldnt beable to run it at same settings just dont expect to play the sp campaign with just 2ghz cpu.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Delete please

ERR why delete? the OP is asking a simple question on weather the game will run on his/her system, and he/she is perfectly entitled to ask. And if your saying "delete please" just because the op system is low end compared to your highly priced higher end system that not everyone can afford to buy to play games, then your just being ignorant. or are you upset that arma 2 works on lower end systems like mine after a bit of tweaking of the settings, where yours may be struggling to run it??.

If you cant give a sensible honest answer to someones questions based on your own opinion or experience (experience being the case for my response) then dont bother to post.

Edited by teaboy

you have similar system setup to me only i have 3.2ghz dual core and 8500 gfx card. game plays relatively ok on normal to high settings, but to higher veiw distance causes serious frame stuttering in single player campaign mode. However in MP and Scenerios i can increase the view distance to pretty high without having any frame stutter. so really it just the campaign that pushes your system the hardest. you might beable to play it with your settings set to normal and your video memory and AA set to high or very high (i have just 1gb and works better at high setting for me). so if you ask me i think you probably will get the game to work with your system just the campaign will be a problem to for you to play, so just play the MP missions or scenerios. plus theres plenty of user made missions to downlaod too.

Basically if it works on mine then i dont see why your system shouldnt beable to run it at same settings just dont expect to play the sp campaign with just 2ghz cpu.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

ERR why delete? the OP is asking a simple question on weather the game will run on his/her system, and he/she is perfectly entitled to ask. And if your saying "delete please" just because the op system is low end compared to your highly priced higher end system that not everyone can afford to buy to play games, then your just being ignorant. or are you upset that arma 2 works on lower end systems like mine after a bit of tweaking of the settings, where yours may be struggling to run it??.

If you cant give a sensible honest answer to someones questions based on your own opinion or experience (experience being the case for my response) then dont bother to post.

Mind your business.

The reply I gave was erroneous and, as such, irellevant to the conversation.

Eth

Mind your business.

The reply I gave was erroneous and, as such, irellevant to the conversation.

Eth

then why not state so in your original post? alot of poster are quite happy to say "delete please" in order to have the whole thread deleted. if you had stated "delete please, post made in error", then there would have been no misunderstanding. And since there was and it has now been cleared up then i take back what i said in my last post, but you cant blame me or others for getting the wrong impression.

then why not state so in your original post? alot of poster are quite happy to say "delete please" in order to have the whole thread deleted. if you had stated "delete please, post made in error", then there would have been no misunderstanding. And since there was and it has now been cleared up then i take back what i said in my last post, but you cant blame me or others for getting the wrong impression.

I reported it to the mods, they will no doubt understand what I meant.

Crossed wires is all :)

Eth

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Weird, runs fine for me and has done since day one.

I reported it to the mods, they will no doubt understand what I meant.

Crossed wires is all :)

Eth

yeah just crossed wires :). i realised after i posted my response and your post had been deleted that i may have got the wrong impression. but its easily done on here when alot of others are so keen to get some ones thread closed or the op barred if they disagree with the op or simply not like what is being said by the op.

yeah just crossed wires :). i realised after i posted my response and your post had been deleted that i may have got the wrong impression. but its easily done on here when alot of others are so keen to get some ones thread closed or the op barred if they disagree with the op or simply not like what is being said by the op.

Not me mate, I'm all for free speech :)

Have a great day,

Eth

I ran the game on an 8600 GTS for a while and it played fine. I had 4gb RAM and a 3.2GHz dual processor. I don't know how different your machine is to mine in terms of performance but I was only able to run the game on medium

Nice Hijack.

To OP if you run everything on low and run a program to turn off back ground processes

you will be able to play now you may need to restart the game every hour or two but you should be able to run at low settings.

Just remember that this game is about game play and not eye candy as it is a millitary sim more than a Run and gun style although that element is there.

So I could not hurt to try.

And What RM Snipe said.

Edited by Halli~SPARTA~
Added last line

Can I ask what are the minimum for a processor to run it on medium? And how about high/very high settings? What would you reccomend?

Myself I have an Intel core 2 Duo E6600@2.4GHz (I heard that these can be OCed pretty high too, although I don't know how to OC, lol).

Can I ask what are the minimum for a processor to run it on medium? And how about high/very high settings? What would you reccomend?

Myself I have an Intel core 2 Duo E6600@2.4GHz (I heard that these can be OCed pretty high too, although I don't know how to OC, lol).

My specs are in my sig. Here's my detail levels that run the game in scenarios about 20-30 fps. So if you have similar powered GPU you should run fine the game medium/high settings.

Res - 1280 x 1024

Texture Detail - High

Video Memory - High

Anisotropic Filtering - High

AA - Normal

Terrain Detail - Normal

Objects Detail - Normal

Shadow Detail - High

PostProcess Effects - High

VD - 2000

Don't listen to this guy at all, plays brilliantly on an 8800 GT OC, no problems at all, but your system won't run it, sorry dude.

You should have looked at the system specifications anyway.

Many people have problems.This forum has many people with a GTX 295 who get really low FPS.

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27250

Technical properties of my processor.

Clock Speed 2.4 GHz

L2 Cache 4 MB

FSB Speed 1066 MHz

Then that would be fine for playing Arma 2 with medium-high settings? Atleast that's the conclusion I made after reading your reply. :bounce3:

Hard to tell before knowing your graphics card.

Hard to tell before knowing your graphics card.

I'll be using an Asus Radeon 4870 750MHz 1024MB GDDR5 (3.6GHz)

Also I have 2GB of RAM on my computer, do I need more?

I'll be using an Asus Radeon 4870 750MHz 1024MB GDDR5 (3.6GHz)

Also I have 2GB of RAM on my computer, do I need more?

You can run it fine with that GPU. Also memory is enough for arma as long as it runs in dual channel, otherwise you may get lot's of slow texture loadings.

But i suggest moving on to that other similar thread. There's probably someone already posted similar specs than yours. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72181

Edited by Potatomasher