Sign in to follow this  
MuteAssassin

Need Help with Arma2 or Vista 32?

I have sent a mission to a friend to use as a template for editing.

Found out that his Arma2 will not see any script even thou it is properly called out in editor. he had a Mission is "read only error" even thou he had cleared the folder and mission.sqm properties.

I thought mabe my comp Win7x64Ulti put some encription on it, so i had him open the doc and copy it to a new mission.sqm even did that with the scripts.

no matter what we do arma2 will not load the scripts, tried puting the scriptsin a folder named scripts and calling it in the editor [this] exec "scripts\whatever.sqs"

nothing i can think of will work. My computer runs everything perfectly. i edit all the time I know the templatemission runs flawlessly on my machine.

so now im thinking it is the operating system mabe some file protection?

Any help or thoughts are greatly apperciated.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

Found the problem,

Arma2 Has to create the mission folder, I guess Arma will creat the permissions.

You can not creat a mission folder outside of arma2 . Arma 2 will not use it correctly.

I think it may have been a problem with user account control, i have it disabled and never had any problem creating folders or whatever

You can not creat a mission folder outside of arma2 . Arma 2 will not use it correctly.

Yes you can, I do it all the time. Just ensure there are no spaces in the main mission folder name, only problem I ever had.