Sign in to follow this  
GunSlingerAUS

Anybody considered a Falklands mod?

After browsing through all of the amazing work the modding community is doing, it surprised me to see no mention of a Falklands mod. There are a lot of elements already in the game, and being worked on here by modders, that suggest to me it wouldn't be an impossibly complex conversion:

- the game engine is suited to islands.

- the grassy plains with rocky outcrops of the Falklands would lead to great performance (FPS).

- there's already a Harrier model which could be a good basis for modifying into a sea harrier.

- there are already ship models which could be a good basis for modifying into the necessary ships.

- somebody here is already working on British troops (though I'd assume they're quite different to the 1980's era Brits who went to the Falklands).

Having said that, I don't have the time, patience or knowledge to build anything like this, but thought I'd throw this seed out into the ARMA2 wilderness to see if it takes root...

There is at least one mod in development for ArmA which covers the Falklands War, the Campania De Malvinas mod, and I would expect they would likely be moving to ArmA 2.

Yeah matter of fact I think there's something either in their thread or on their project site that said something along those lines, where they were only going to release a few more things for ArmA 1 and then start bringing it over to ArmA 2. Could be wrong though, but I could have sworn I read something along those lines....

Ahh, found their thread - awesome stuff. The modding community for this game is simply amazing. We don't deserve to reap the benefits of all their hardwork for free!