Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Operation Arrowhead: The questions and answers thread

Where did you get air from?

Alex

I breath in. You must like reclycling air, because you've always got your head up your ass, like all the other fanboys. If somebody wants to post a negative comment on a game they purchased, there free to do so. Take a look at the satisfaction for patch 1.03 threads, and you'll see a lot of pissed of people.

Not everyone sees arma2 through rose coloured galsses.

What better way to vent there anger, than in an expansion thread. There game isnt working, but theres an expansion heading our way. Not what they wanted to hear.

What in the name of hell makes you think that the expansion is slowing down bugfixing for the original ArmA2?

I breath in. You must like reclycling air, because you've always got your head up your ass, like all the other fanboys. If somebody wants to post a negative comment on a game they purchased, there free to do so. Take a look at the satisfaction for patch 1.03 threads, and you'll see a lot of pissed of people.

What better way to vent there anger, than in an expansion thread. There game isnt working, but theres an expansion heading our way. Not what they wanted to hear.

Once again you keep on with your bullshit. All i said was that i dont understand why someone would register just to say that he doesnt like a game. Didnt say that no one can do it did i?

Crawl back under your stone dude. Seriously.

What in the name of hell makes you think that the expansion is slowing down bugfixing for the original ArmA2?

The guy who is implementing the FLIR code in ArmA2 cant fix the ATI 4xxx series artifacts. ;)

But it wont slow it down that much, there probably isnt a gigantic amount of coding needed for OA and seeing as OA will (partly) need the same fixes as ArmA2 BI is going to fix it anyway.

The guy who is implementing the FLIR code in ArmA2 cant fix the ATI 4xxx series artifacts. ;)
Link?
But it wont slow it down that much, there probably isnt a gigantic amount of coding needed for OA and seeing as OA will (partly) need the same fixes as ArmA2 BI is going to fix it anyway.
link?

Link?

link?

Pure speculation obviously. But come on, you cant implement new stuff while you are fixing bugs. Not at the same time. :p

Enough with the flamebaiting. If you can't discuss in a mature way then either stay out or go to a forum where this sort of "discussion" is tolerated. Here it isn't.

Telling people (and potential customers) that ArmA2 isn't working is simply a lie, nothing else and also not tolerated here. I (and many others) play the game every day and edit missions - it must be working as we have all the same game. If certain aspects of the game are not working for you, that's another problem but coming up here and telling the game isn't working is simply not true and you better refrain from repeating this again.

@kklownboy

What you need links for. FLIR is already working in VBS2 (same engine) so all its needed is implementing it into ArmA2:OA. It's not that it must be done from scratch, hence really no giant workload which takes 1000's of hours.

@kklownboy

What you need links for. FLIR is already working in VBS2 (same engine) so all its needed is implementing it into ArmA2:OA. It's not that it must be done from scratch, hence really no giant workload which takes 1000's of hours.

my request for links was to see if his comments had any validity.

"The guy who is implementing the FLIR code in ArmA2 CANT fix the ATI 4xxx series artifacts." and

"seeing as OA will (partly) need the same fixes as ArmA2 BI is going to fix it anyway.",

and then he answered me, with he has know idea , and they cant work on two things at once argument... which is wrong.

my request for links was to see if his comments had any validity.

"The guy who is implementing the FLIR code in ArmA2 CANT fix the ATI 4xxx series artifacts." while he is working on the FLIR

Does it make sence to you now? :rolleyes:

And im not even complaing, i think BI's way of development is fine. But it should be obvious that since BI has only a limited amount of coders and a limited amount of time some priority decisions have to be made.

And im not even complaing, i think BI's way of development is fine. But it should be obvious that since BI has only a limited amount of coders and a limited amount of time some priority decisions have to be made.

you should read the dev responses to the work loads... you will see your wrong. And then I have four 4xxx ati gpus, no artifacts here. OA isn't a issue for arma2, in fact OA will be a benefit to A2 since they will patch up A2 with the new branch of the engine's optimizations ect..

you should read the dev responses to the work loads... you will see your wrong. And then I have four 4xxx ati gpus, no artifacts here. OA isn't a issue for arma2, in fact OA will be a benefit to A2 since they will patch up A2 with the new branch of the engine's optimizations ect..

I never disagreed with everything i just quoted from you, i just said that either OA, or the patching, or both will be slightly slower compared to a situation where either one of those wouldnt be done.

It doesnt matter what you are Suma says, right now the attention isnt 100% focused on patching because someone will have to code something for OA if they want it to be done before 2012. Obviously they are still working on the next patch but it will either contain (slightly) less fixes or will be (slightly) delayed purely because someone has to do something for OA.

Im not even slightly worried about this, the patches are progressing fine and it doesnt seem like OA will take a large percentage of the coders at any given time, but unless they are working more hours per day right now i have to be right. :p

And I dont have artifacts on my 4870 either (with the right settings). :D

I thought artifacts in any video cards and things like that were left to updates of the video card developers?

This discussion is closed now.

For a more actual Q&A thread look here.

Further discussion takes place here.