Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Operation Arrowhead: The questions and answers thread

CM forums are awesome m8.

They're composed of 90 % 15 year olds with the last 10 % beeing USMC vets ( many of them with sniping background ). :yay:

For the special kick I can also recommend the CoD4 forums ( not it's not a cliche ).

( ;) :D )

Whats wrong with a sniping background?

Oh and DR has alot of supporters only because the demo video was very nice. But sorry to inform you fanboys that it was CGI

Ok cool. Bye bye.

Dont get why people go post in forums of games they dont like? Like i would go to DR's forum just to say im not gonna buy their childish game. Whats the point? Pff

Alex

I dont get why people post in game forums, when they think the game is so greaaat, but instead of playing, are posting in its forum...:j:

civvie mi17 is ok but its not really used in real life for civilian transport and this should be a realistic military simulator which includes all aspects of warfare right?

It is actually used quite frequently for just that - There are a whole host of civilian models, ranging from luxury VIP transports to heavy cargo lifters.

Will arrowhead have some kinda everydirectional leaning mechanic with trackir?

For example: Guy activates cover mode and leans to the left top in RL... the char does the same.

Guy leans down... charector leans down as if taking cover (from explosion or gunfire..)

More directions pretty much, not just left and right but also up down and forward/backwards.

Great idea imo.

I dont get why people post in game forums, when they think the game is so greaaat, but instead of playing, are posting in its forum...:j:

Where did you get air from?

I am playing. A lot. But i wont go to other forums of games i dont like and post that i dont like them... phew.

Still pointless.

Alex

Liking what I am hearing about OPA so far, anxious to see what will be revealed in the future about things such as the FLIR, flashlights and other system related additions.

The name is nice too, gives some nostalgia to Operation Flashpoint.

Will arrowhead have some kinda everydirectional leaning mechanic with trackir?

For example: Guy activates cover mode and leans to the left top in RL... the char does the same.

Guy leans down... charector leans down as if taking cover (from explosion or gunfire..)

More directions pretty much, not just left and right but also up down and forward/backwards.

Great idea imo.

Great Idea, but I would also wonder how that would effect people who dont have TrackIR. It would be pretty messed up imho that someone with TIR could preform a move that a normal player can't. (And before you say anything, as far as I know the current TIR just makes it easier to preform different head movements.)

Edited by Sniper Pilot

koroush47:

Will the movement system feature "vertical leaning?

Jennik: I wouldn't expect the whole movement system to be modified very much as it would require so much time to implement this. Anyway, there are many tweaks we would like to make on the present system, but it depends on the time gived and it's priority is still to be decided.

Read the first post.

nice vids.

But SCAR for the whole us Army sux

Seeing as how there are several pictures of US Soldiers holding M16s in the picture gallery I don't think that they are all getting SCARs probably only special forces or something. Not to mention you can always change them later.

Seeing as how there are several pictures of US Soldiers holding M16s in the picture gallery I don't think that they are all getting SCARs probably only special forces or something. Not to mention you can always change them later.

Yeah, its nice that we get new weapons instead of just same old, same old.

I wonder if the TAB-fire system will now be obsolete with the implementation of FLIR.

The AI doesn't have eyes to see, so I don't know if vertex colour or texture map effects will make a difference.

I think tab-fire should be removed, but the pilot should be able to lock on only if the target vehicle is in the middle of the screen e.g. when looking round with alt or TIR and pressing tab when the target vehicle is in the middle of the screen, not just tab-fire tab-fire kind of thing.

It should be harder to find enemy vehicles on your radar say when you're in a helicopter, if you're flying 1st person, the on the top of the screen should be removed and replaced with a working radar HUD like the radar in this pic [>100kb]http://dslyecxi.com/screens/ArmA2/Arrowhead/images/arma2_arrowhead_ingame_shot_05.jpg but if someone is flying with 3rd person view the radar on the top should come up as it would provide situational awareness when needed, but not excessive to unbalance the game and give attack choppers/planes complete superiority.

I'd also love the co-pilots to have the abiliy to safely land an aircraft if the pilot gets shot; if the pilot gets shot and the aircraft is travelling quickly below the minimum eject height anyone left in the aircraft is screwed =P

there are some suggetsions. My question is, will any of these be implemented into OA?

All very great ideas! Though, you would think that would take some major engine changes to make the co-pilot able to fly.

I think it will be a nice Addon, but i've two wishes:

1. Desert Marpat for the Marines of ArmAII, Desert Camo for the Russians and all military vehicles (If its not included in OA, i hope it will come with a patch for ArmAII, so you can use it in OA on Takistan). It would be so pity when you couldn't use it because they're wearing the wrong uniforms :rolleyes:

2. The possibility to integrate ArmAII in OA. It would be the best for the community!

John R.;1417861']

2. The possibility to integrate ArmAII in OA. It would be the best for the community!

They're already doing that. One of the admins said that ArmA 2 content will work "seamlessly" in OA.

Yes, but how? Do we have to copy the pbo's to the addon-folder of OA, so you have it twice on your hdd? I hope for a better way...

John R.;1417937']Yes' date=' but how? Do we have to copy the pbo's to the addon-folder of OA, so you have it twice on your hdd? I hope for a better way...[/quote']

Maybe they go into the same installation directory, i.e. "ArmA 2". Or OA just gets a pointer to the ArmA2 install to be able to load its resources. Many possible ways. I wouldn't worry about such a minor, minor, minor detail :)

Yeah, it will work exactly like Resistance (I remember that I was able to play OFP:CWC's campaign while playing Resistance.)

Now I have a question, how will OA's FLIR work with ArmA2's addons? I'm assuming there is now a new texture layer that has to be made?

Edited by Sniper Pilot

As they will update arma2 at the same time I guess they will probably (hopefully) make arma2 addons flir-capable.

As they will update arma2 at the same time I guess they will probably (hopefully) make arma2 addons flir-capable.

My GUESS is that we'll get the upgrade to the ArmA2 engine to support FLIR in default ArmA2, while there'll be no FLIR textures for the content of ArmA2. So the support for FLIR-compatible addons will be there.

At least that's what I'm hoping!:yay:

That makes no sense..

I mean, why add OA tech into arma2 without upgrading the addons? Then its better business for BIS to upgrade arma2 addons so that the OA players can have that feature. They told us that the new engine upgrades will be OA, arma2 will also be upgraded but not with the new tech.

That makes no sense..

Makes pretty much sense imo. If they've managed to implement the FLIR stuff into the OA.exe it won't be hard to implement it into the arma2.exe since they know what they've done. Then it's simply a marketing choice.

However it'll maaaaaaaany work-hours to create the FLIR textures for the ArmA2 content, which I suppose they won't do since not only is it a lot of work, but they'd kill one of their own selling arguments completely if they try to sell OA with FLIR as a sales argument, and implement it fully into ArmA2.

Since we can't really edit most of the original content in ArmA2 (no MLODs) we won't get FLIR textures for it, but if we want to we can implement FLIR textures for all user made content like islands, buildings and units.

So we'd... sort'a get FLIR in ArmA2, but without BIS head-shotting one of their sales arguments for OA.

Either that, or simply skip FLIR implementation into the arma2.exe, but have it in the OA.exe, and upgrade all ArmA2 content with FLIR textures. More work, but better for sales?