Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Operation Arrowhead: The questions and answers thread

That ACU definately looks way hotter than the MARPAT. :)

Looking forward to it, but hey, ArmA2's just been released. :D

Thank you Wolle.

I am really looking forward to this. I was never a big advocate of FLIR but the more features the merrier and I am sure I will have fun with it. I'm happy to see a wider range of sides entering as well like the U.N. and Czechs. Overall it looks great! I will probably have to buy a new computer for it but it will be worth it.

The answer to the question about Ai seeing trough trees and bushes as "nonsense" make me think that the devs don't see this as a problem with A2. I think that's very ineresting.

Otherwise, it sounds like a interesting "expansion" and look foward to seeing more updates. :)

Thats because they isnt: AI cannot sew through bushes and trees untill you blow your cover, thats where all the shits start hitting the fan(talking about knowabout value here). Grass however is different story, as they really cannot block ai fov. All in all i think its the question being asked is somewhat misleading(not an offence here btw)

SWEET JEBUS! :)

Looking and sounding fantastic. Moving the VBS2 FLIR to Op.Arrowhead woot woot. :) The village there doesnt look too shabby either. Looking real good. Cant wait.

Alex

DO.WANT.

I love the answers, AND the fact that I've seen a czech Mi-17!!

This made me hope they're going to include a czech unit, like the 601st SFG (not with that name ingame ofcourse ;) )

Also, any word on some badass humvees, like the M1114?

Overall this sounds really good. Just disappointed about the fact that the hitpoint system for the tanks is unlikely to be changed.

x2. Didn't jizz my pants.

2010 is going to be a very busy year for game releases, so many have been pushed back either because they weren't finished or they admitted to not wanting to go up against MW2.

This is definitely on the to-get list.

OK guys I added a link to Dslyecxi's image gallery to the first post. What I wanted to show (Chinook with rear gunner) is already shown there in much better quality.

I could upload the presskit pictures but I guess they have been leaked already too by now. :)

Note to myself: Next time take a real camera with you instead of relying on Blackberry. :D

OK guys I added a link to Dslyecxi's image gallery to the first post. What I wanted to show (Chinook with rear gunner) is already shown there in much better quality.

I could upload the presskit pictures but I guess they have been leaked already too by now. :)

Note to myself: Next time take a real camera with you instead of relying on Blackberry. :D

Hi Wolle,

Did you have a hands-on? If so, could you tell us alittle about?

For that matter, Wolle, what means new simulation features for aircraft huds? Could you elaborate on that?

Edited by p75

Still want to know if there is throw away AT lanucher that dont takeup PC equipment slot, realistic javalin missile control console, improved weapon config(ie add value in weapon config upon ammo config to improve ballistic behavior on same type of weapon with different barrel lenght), improvement on squad control and command interface, tank FCS etc etc

OK i think i am asking for too much for now :p

Wow I'm really impressed with everything so far. Good work BIS!

Now I'm a bit disappointed that yet again the devs are hurried by a fixed release date. The worse answer possible is "That deppends on the time available", that means it can be done but it might not because there is just not enough time. Please BIS take your time and do it right.

Thanks for infos and answering questions!

Just curious - how much work and time developers would need to make a winter Chernarus/Utes incl. vehicles, units etc. and some winter/snow features?

One building looks like a building from the Registan in Samarkand.

Hope that next patch + OA solves the building flickering and city-lags.

I'm happy - Arrowhead looks so great and enjoyable (Arma goes back to ***nistan! :))

I'm pissed - ArmA 2 it's another beta release for public. And it's cost like a full game.

awesome screens! :)

Intresting info about the FLIR and stuff. :)

Seing the apache and chinook really takes me back to the old days of ofp :D

Hello,

thanks for the information as well Wolle.

I do hope they make it like "Resistance" and take their time until next July at least to release it or so. No need to rush and botch it. They must have earned enough money to do just that.

Look forward to the FLIR , hope it is done well.

The rest just sounds like gimmicks and playing "Soldier in Afghanistan" still seems like a lame scenario to me, but good show on supplying us with new units and islands.

"HUD in Aircraft" has me confused as I thought we already had that. Maybe it means interactive dialogs on 3D surfaces at last. But who do I kid.

Good Luck with it anyways.

I do hope they make it like "Resistance" and take their time until next July at least to release it or so. No need to rush and botch it. They must have earned enough money to do just that.

That's true. I can wait for a release in 2010 too. We don't need another unfished ArmA game this year.

"HUD in Aircraft" has me confused as I thought we already had that. Maybe it means interactive dialogs on 3D surfaces at last. But who do I kid.

Maybe they've got render to texture now, or they could mean like IHADSS.

Hi Wolle,

Did you have a hands-on? If so, could you tell us alittle about?

For that matter, Wolle, what means new simulation features for aircraft huds? Could you elaborate on that?

No I had no chance to play it this time, simply because there was only one PC for presentation (and my crappy gaming skillz are everything than representative) :D.

With the aircraft HUD actually IAHDSS is meant.

This is all pretty damn fantastic. Looking at these features all that's still really missing is the a properly good armor simulation, though I never really minded that anyway.

Ahhh standalone... i don't like it. So this will divide the community.

Why not two versions?

First Version as an addon like Queens Gambit with all the vehicles, missions, island etc and a patch upgrading the arma2 engine to its new capabilities.

Second Version as standalone for the players which won't buy arma 2 for some reasons. This version would be able to connect to arma2 server running ao content and missions...

I don't like restart a game just to play on takistan, which actually could run in the same game...

Ahhh standalone... i don't like it. So this will divide the Community.

Why not two versions?

First Version as an addon like Queensgambit with all the vehicles, missions, island etc and a patch upgrading the arma2engine to its new capabilities.

Second Version as standalone for the players which won't buy arma 2 for some reasons. This version would be able to connect to arma2 server running ao content and missions...

I don't like restart a game just to play on takistan, which actually could run in the same game...

Queens Gambit also "splitted" the community, according to certain members. Heck even Resistance back then splitted the community and there it was even more worse because some addons could be only used when Resistance was present. So please, stop complaining about that oh-so-terrible splitting.

A restart of ArmA2 takes around 30 to 45 secs here, horrible waiting time, isn't it?

Ahhh standalone... i don't like it. So this will divide the community.

Why not two versions?

First Version as an addon like Queens Gambit with all the vehicles, missions, island etc and a patch upgrading the arma2 engine to its new capabilities.

You didn't read the previous OA thread, did you? If you own ARMA 2 and buy OA, you'll only need to start OA, which will use default ARMA 2 content too.

No need for shutting down OA to play on chernarus etc.