Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Operation Arrowhead: The questions and answers thread

2010 is only a bit more than 3 months away, what's the big deal? It takes time to make this stuff. ArmA 2 is far from old.

Anyway Arrowhead sounds awesome. And the screenshots look incredible, especially that town.

Is this stand alone ,,or you need arma2 aswell,I had ofp loved restance and red havvest ,have arma1 ,porto wasent much and paid 30 euro for that,,arm2 cost only 35 euro.

But from them screenies it looks totaly different ,,cant wait

QUOTE -

"How large is Takistan? Can we count on arrid surroundings to be more system friendly?

Jennik: There are two maps of Takistan in Arrowhead, one presenting the countryside and mountains with villages and small urban areas and the second map of large urban area with the city of Zargabad."

I wonder, which will be the bigger "main" map? The city of Zargabad or the countryside and mountain area? I mean, Chenerus itself is about the size of a typical large city. So why not have a realistic sized city this time rather than a not so realistically sized representation of an entire country?

Is this stand alone ,,or you need arma2 aswell,I had ofp loved restance and red havvest ,have arma1 ,porto wasent much and paid 30 euro for that,,arm2 cost only 35 euro.

But from them screenies it looks totaly different ,,cant wait

It is a stand alone expansion. You won't need the original Arma 2.

Judging from those spiffy pics alot of the buildings have internals now, so it seems that there are alot more enteralbe buildings. wonder if there is like different AI moduals now, like for URBAN AI, GUERRILLA AI ect. that would rock

and 2010 aint so bad, the longer they work with it the better it will be. see the cycle repeating its self?

dont get caught in the cycle! :p

so arma2 will be shelfed like arma1 is ,,but yea ill buy it ,, is this gona be full price??,,If it is bis are milking us slowey.

should ace make ace arowhead ,,or is arowhead ace

2010 anit far ,,unless it october 2010

just wondering been stand alone ,,will arma2 disk make arrrowhead work ,,or will ineed arrowhead dsk in drive. Or vice versa

Edited by cuppa

lol, you all want it to come out early, then it comes out early and you complain that it's buggy...

Aaaahhhh it's just the usual cycle of BIS games.

2010 is long though :(

QUOTE -

"How large is Takistan? Can we count on arrid surroundings to be more system friendly?

Jennik: There are two maps of Takistan in Arrowhead, one presenting the countryside and mountains with villages and small urban areas and the second map of large urban area with the city of Zargabad."

I wonder, which will be the bigger "main" map? The city of Zargabad or the countryside and mountain area? I mean, Chenerus itself is about the size of a typical large city. So why not have a realistic sized city this time rather than a not so realistically sized representation of an entire country?

One of the links above said 160km for Takistan and 70km for Zargabad.

Judging from those spiffy pics alot of the buildings have internals now, so it seems that there are alot more enteralbe buildings. wonder if there is like different AI moduals now, like for URBAN AI, GUERRILLA AI ect. that would rock

Now if only they would make it easier for us to place units inside buildings from the editor instead of having to write up a script to do so!

so arma2 will be shelfed like arma1 is ,,but yea ill buy it ,,some it this gona be full price,,If it is bis are milking us slowey.

should ace make ace arowhead ,,or is arowhead ace

2010 anit far ,,unless it october 2010

According to the interview:

What is the price for the expansion?

Jennik: A medium rangeed price, not a full price for regular new game.

Not that I thought Arma 2 was expensive though, it depended more where you bought it. Paid almost half the price of what it cost on Steam for the boxed dvd-version.

One of the links above said 160km for Takistan and 70km for Zargabad.

Interesting. 70km square, is that significantly larger than Utes?

yea arma2 only cost me 35 euro(boxed) ,think arma1 was around 45 euro ,,and queens gambit cost 30 euro,,(wasent wort it).

so i hope this will be 25 euro.

seems like arma2 was just another expantion for arma1 tbh.

Edited by cuppa

QUOTE -

"Will there be russians?

Jennik: Who knows?"

I have a feeling, after seeing the screenshot of the UN BMP, that the Russians MIGHT be the UN peacekeeping force!

Awesome. I can finally recreate my fantasy of battling both the UN and the Russians! :D

The graphics look freaking insane, hard to believe the requirements will stay the same...

Is it just me, or does it look like someone is crouching out the back of that Chinook in flight?

Abs

Is it just me, or does it look like someone is crouching out the back of that Chinook in flight?

Abs

i think he's on the gun

All I gotta say:

Wolle for president

Thanks, mate, for answering those questions! And I'm glad BIS is bringing all I wanted!

Thanks a bunch for the info w0lle. Some details in there to get excited about, that's for sure. Awesome screenshots as well. Love the one where you're looking up at the underside of the 64D. The party car is great too. Seafoam green and pink with moon patterns...hell yeah! Definitely anticipating this release!

Simply :icon_dj:

Thank you very much Wolle (plz release the screenshots :))

In this Apache screenshot : http://rp-mods.com/cms/uploads/arrowhead/ARMA%20II_Arrowhead_ingame_screenshot_05.jpg ,

the 360° radar is gone ! I hope BIS has a new targeting system for OA.

I also hope the suppress command in ArmA 2 will be functional in OA. Currently this command just uses some space in the command menu.

Will they somehow automate the inlcusion of ArmA II content for those that have it to encourage people who own it that Arrowhead will be just a huge expansion pack for them?

Jennik: This is difficult to say now, as Arrowhead will feature a newer and enhanced version of ARMA 2 engine.

I am not sure I completely understand this Q/A. This sounds disappointing :(. I really hope that OA (as an expansion) will upgrade ArmA 2's engine and the new features will be ported to Chernarussian environment and vehicles.

The answer to the question about Ai seeing trough trees and bushes as "nonsense" make me think that the devs don't see this as a problem with A2. I think that's very ineresting.

Otherwise, it sounds like a interesting "expansion" and look foward to seeing more updates. :)

It really looks amazing, v.good stuff and graphic.

What worries me the most is THE AI and their path finding, flying, driving and CQB fighting.

You can do perfect campaign, cool stuff, nice graphic etc. but stupid AI can ruin it, because their stuck, don't react, see too much or too little.

If BIS tweak AI a little bit then I'll be fully satisfied :)

...and don't forget about radio voices ;)

That's because it is nonsense, AIs may have many other faults which need to be fixed but they don't see through trees and bushes. This has already been proven in several other threads--the AIs simply shoot at an enemy's last known or expected position, even if they can't see him anymore--which is exactly what any semi-intelligent human player would do as well. You can even use this against the AI--pop up up and shoot from behind a wall, duck down and move to a new position, and the AI will still be shooting at your last position. You now have a free shot at them. I do this all the time, it's also a good way to distract tanks while an AT gunner is setting up a flank shot.

Anyhow, Arrowhead sounds promising. Looks like they might have learned from the mistake of Queen's Gambit, which just didn't have enough important content to justify purchase for most people. I'd like to know the size of the Takistan maps; hope at least one of them is large enough for jets to fly in.

EDIT: Didn't see one of the links until now, says one map is 160 km, big enough for choppers but not really big enough for jets.

Edited by Xenios

Helo Pic On the side of that chopper does that say Czech Airforce? Sweet, I see their putting their home-team in the mix!
That's awesome. I hope we'll see some czech soldiers too.

Wolle: Thanks for the Q&A. Some of the new information is really great.

Overall this sounds really good. Just disappointed about the fact that the hitpoint system for the tanks is unlikely to be changed.

Overall this sounds really good. Just disappointed about the fact that the hitpoint system for the tanks is unlikely to be changed.

Arma 3