Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Operation Arrowhead: The questions and answers thread

BI :notworthy:

Once again the boys from BI have taken the goal posts and thrown them into another state.

Thanks to Wolle for posting the questions up. I now have that annoying problem that always comes when BI announces something new...I CANT WAIT :bounce3:

:icon_dj:

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

ISAF, Apaches, ACUs, Arabic signs, IOTVs, Airborne units, Desert M1A2s, SCARs, and Chinooks?

I came. :eek:

I think this sums up the feeling :D

OMG hes holding the foregrip IN HIS HAND PROPERLY!!!

Edited by sv5000

Wohohooo, I see some really cool Apache MFD's! :yay:

Since it's a Longbow model, I'm looking forward to see how the devs designed the targeting "persicope" ... the ability to switch Hellfires from LOBL to LOAL would also be perfect, there's nothing like firing a missile in the air and destroy a target on the other side of the mountain :p

This ... is ... awesome ... thank you BI.

There is only one thing I see to be implemented that would make ArmA the greatest game of all time, an armour penetration system, but until that day I'll be quite happy with FLIR and a flashlight :D

Can't wait, great news.

Edit: Just saw the pictures, words alone ... cannot describe ... how awesome ...

Edit2:

I think this sums up the feeling :D

Haha, yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Edited by LJF

I don't think I can wait for this to be released!

I need it NOW! :D

I'm VERY pleased with what I have seen. Thanks BIS for being the true kings of military sims and making such amazing games!

Holy $$$$! I havn't been this excited for a game in such a long time! This looks so awesome!!

70 square km of extremely realistic environment including full areas of dense urban CQB conflicts.

So does that mean the AI's CQB fighting abilities have been improved. Sure they are OK now but Dense?! (And one of those screens looked really dense!)

Seriously BIS, you dont get praised enough... this is truly remarkable.

edit 1: Haha! they are including the UH-1H!

hopefully we'll see the equivalent of BAS's OFP MH-60L in game with fast roping and everything.

edit 2: Is the voice acting gonna be more priceless this time around?

Edited by Sniper Pilot

Thanks for the answers, cleared many things for me :)

Fullres gallery of screens + vehicle images. Not sure if this has all been posted already - putting it here to be safe. Note that these are watermark-free and fullres - simply right click on each to 'view full image' and they're suitable for framing etc. ;)

http://dslyecxi.com/screens/ArmA2/Arrowhead/

Enjoy.

I just fixed my jaw...those screens were freaking AMAZING.

:don7:

Can't wait for the release.

Omg best graphics ever.

This is nuts.

Who needs christmas when you have bis-mas!

Thanks Dslyecxi! Again Truly Amazing!

Though I dont know much about FLIR, but how do you counter it? Im pretty sure you cant in real life... So I guess the OPFOR are screwed :D

holy fucking shit!

Cannot wait!

Some of it kinda looks like some old american western towns. Probably the pine trees and all the wood in the buildings gives that impression.

It all looks great but personally I prefer the look of something like the Rhazani map or Avgani.

Some of it kinda looks like some old american western towns. Probably the pine trees and all the wood in the buildings gives that impression.

It all looks great but personally I prefer the look of something like the Rhazani map or Avgani.

i think the countryside will be kind of similar to Razani

Wow.

Seriously, if the game turns out nearly as good as it looks, BIS need to be hailed as the best developers ever.

I told you it was true! Look at the last question, i asked that and didn't get an answer. It's because i was right! Arma 2 was a distraction, they have been workin on this all along!

Long live BIS!

:D:D:D:D

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

By the way, you all seem to forget its late 2009. 2010 is not that far off...

I hope it comes in 2010. I've barely scratched the surface of Arma2 yet. It gives me some more time :p

has the site got it wrong?

2010 release date it says! omg. hope it's wrong.

lets hope so i cant wait that long...i nearly died when i saw those amazing screens

Looks like we finally get a Chinook at last! You know, I can't recall any recent military shooter that let you pilot a Chinook. Not even BF2, or BF: Vietnam. Also, I hope Blackhawk Down mission makers/modders are paying attention to this expansion!