Auss

Australia island in Arma2

While OGN is down just post your updates on Aus Arma. You can just copy/paste it back into OGN once it's back up.

Cheers

You can just copy/paste it back into OGN once it's back up.

All work has stopped on the island, I decided to leave the project, as I was putting in far too may hours with very little return. A project of this size needs many dedicated ppl and we didn't seem to have many...

All work has stopped on the island, I decided to leave the project, as I was putting in far too may hours with very little return. A project of this size needs many dedicated ppl and we didn't seem to have many...

:(:(

Understandable.

What he's trying to say is what was originally supposed to be a 6 month project ended up being a 2 year project and many people in the team got too busy in RL in the last 6 months.... and with the release of A2 things came to a halt.

In saying that, nobody has left the team apart from aussie, so we're all still here alive and kicking, it's just a matter of getting into gear and finishing it... and we currently have no forums, so it's not easy to keep updated.

Gear up here or setup new. There's nothing more stupid then dumping\trashing the effect of Your work that took x-years of Your life man.

If You won't continue please release what You got, even the plans so someone can actually try to finish it.

If You won't continue please release what You got, even the plans so someone can actually try to finish it.

Yeah, well it's not over yet. We've still got a group of guys who are all set up with the source files. It's just a matter of getting some organizing happening.

Aussie was the guy who organised it and it took it's toll, as you can see. He finally got over it and left... which is understandable because he felt like none of the other were pulling their weight... which is often very hard to do when trying to balance RL and 'virtual life', so completely understandable. Apart from organizing, aussies role was dealing with config files/clutter etc, compiling peoples work to the main source map, road, rock and tree placement etc.

My department is terrain sculpting and mask/sat generation. Which is basically taking the map at a point in time and generating emf's of all the data and laying those out onto the mask/sat in photoshop, so the mask/sat matches what is on the ground.

The rest of the team are assigned with addon creation, city building, object placement and A1-A2 conversion (object swapping)... which is where it all kind of came to a halt because it was such a mammoth task.

Anyway, that's the position we're in. I can take over most of aussies tasks but i've been on holiday (out of the country) for the last 3 months, so haven't really had a chance to organize anything or talk with the others.

Don't worry just yet. we're still holding on by a thread :o

Yeah, well it's not over yet. We've still got a group of guys who are all set up with the source files. It's just a matter of getting some organizing happening.

Aussie was the guy who organised it and it took it's toll, as you can see. He finally got over it and left... which is understandable because he felt like none of the other were pulling their weight... which is often very hard to do when trying to balance RL and 'virtual life', so completely understandable. Apart from organizing, aussies role was dealing with config files/clutter etc, compiling peoples work to the main source map, road, rock and tree placement etc.

My department is terrain sculpting and mask/sat generation. Which is basically taking the map at a point in time and generating emf's of all the data and laying those out onto the mask/sat in photoshop, so the mask/sat matches what is on the ground.

The rest of the team are assigned with addon creation, city building, object placement and A1-A2 conversion (object swapping)... which is where it all kind of came to a halt because it was such a mammoth task.

Anyway, that's the position we're in. I can take over most of aussies tasks but i've been on holiday (out of the country) for the last 3 months, so haven't really had a chance to organize anything or talk with the others.

Don't worry just yet. we're still holding on by a thread :o

I hope its a very thick thread = ), well keep up the good work. Best of luck.

As a member of the team I'll second everything Thrash said. I'm still chipping away at addons that were initialy worked on with ArmA1 specificaly for the island such as the rework of linkersplits jungle plants here http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=70;t=77079 wich have become somewhat problematic with the switch to ArmA2 and the stadium here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87769&highlight=stadium

which should have a signed release in coming weeks with updated textures and damage models and there is other stuff in the works or planned.

With our base, the OGN servers, due to be back online sometime soonish I hope for some more positive news soon.

As a member of the team I'll second everything Thrash said. I'm still chipping away at addons that were initialy worked on with ArmA1 specificaly for the island such as the rework of linkersplits jungle plants here http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=70;t=77079 wich have become somewhat problematic with the switch to ArmA2 and the stadium here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87769&highlight=stadium

which should have a signed release in coming weeks with updated textures and damage models and there is other stuff in the works or planned.

With our base, the OGN servers, due to be back online sometime soonish I hope for some more positive news soon.

Sounds promising mate.

i hope you succeed in your quest :D im really looking foward to this and the work i see so far is fantastic

As a fellow Australian i just wanted to show my support - The pics on the earlier pages look great :) That sand is brilliant!

Sad to hear about the loss of Aussie, hopefully in time the group gets reorganised and we can all start drooling in anticipation again.

Keep up the good work fellas.

I'm curious about this as well. I recently read something that indicated that this project has been canceled. I hope that's not the case.

hi, whats the current status of this project?

Well our home, the OGN forums have back on line only this week. ATM we are in the process of re-assessing progress, checking how many team members we still have and working out what has to be done,ie find somewhere to store files..

We do still have a core of people who want to see it through, but it is likely to still be too large a task for our current man power. The idea thats currently floating best is that we clean it up a bit, release an alpha, and hopefully attract more people to help out.

We welcome expresions of interest here http://forums.ogn.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=973

I hope it is not a dead project. The scale and size of the map alone, it should make it a priority to the community at large.

Don't give up on it just yet. I believe it still might be active, but very very slow. If the time ever comes where all work has ceased, i think (hopefully) that the creators will consider passing their work along to others, for it to be eventually completed.

You can always ask them HERE

I certainly hope that there is still the chance this island will be released some day.. even in it's current form if need be.

Judging from the last screens, it looked excellent, it would be a true shame if that is all we are left with.