Auss

Australia island in Arma2

Keep up the great work guys, all us Aussies really really appreciate the time your spending on this.

With Project AUS on the way too its all very cool.

About time i cant wait to wrap my hands around a Steyr. Does anyone know if we will be able to use the SASR LRPVs (the ones with six wheels)

The pics didn't show on my computer.

The members are in transition atmo, Forums - Server soon to return.

Im hoping the down time has allowed them to spend some quality time on it.

The size of it cannot be explained properly until you have seen it.

Only a couple of areas (mainly Sydney, Perth Canberra, and Adelaide) are more or less finished. The rest is WIP. But doing a CTI here means planes and helicopters.

The distances are HUUUUUUUUUGGE!!!!

The size of it cannot be explained properly until you have seen it.

Only a couple of areas (mainly Sydney, Perth Canberra, and Adelaide) are more or less finished. The rest is WIP. But doing a CTI here means planes and helicopters.

The distances are HUUUUUUUUUGGE!!!!

:butbut: wheres MELBOURNE !!! :butbut:

good stuff cant wait. Home Turf :yay:

Dont worry,Melbourne is on the map. Progress is a little uncertain just now as our regular fourums and server are down, but this is expected to change before Xmas. With a move to a bigger better situation.

Scale is still way off anything realistic (try squeezing 7.5million sqkm into about 1600 sqkm) so its more like a very very big Australia theme park, still bigger than any map to date

Keep the encouragement rolling in and we'll give you all an update as soon as we can.

Sounds like this map is going to be awesome. Desperately need to see some screens! :)

:butbut: wheres MELBOURNE !!! :butbut:

good stuff cant wait. Home Turf :yay:

Budget cuts! ->prod

Never that important anyway :D

(Yes, a sydneysider!)

Hey I wonder how big is the satimage for that huge terrain? And how long does Visitor/Buldozer need to load everything up?

Scale is still way off anything realistic (try squeezing 7.5million sqkm into about 1600 sqkm) so its more like a very very big Australia theme park,

Heh Heh... What a great description! Thats exactly what my Scotland map is turning out like and I was struggling to describe the "microterrain" you get when you cram 250x250km into 20x20km... Theme Park... Brilliant!

...as always - we await more awsome and inspirational screenshots from you guys!

B

Bushlurker: I admire you, I crammed 50x50km area into 10x10 and it still took me 5 months to complete =)

I second Andersson question.

Your site doesn't work Aussie.

Sorry guys, The OGN site's down and I've been on holiday for the last 5-6 weeks, hence the no updates.

I've just got home and have had no word yet on the OGN site, and no word from the other boys regarding the progress. I'll figure it all out and post an update soon.