Auss

Australia island in Arma2

Finally I can put some boats in a river :yay:

yep I am gnat - something else to fix

What's the scale of this thing?

Been looking forward to some more arid climate stuff.

What's the scale of this thing?

Been looking forward to some more arid climate stuff.

Hows this for arid?

10620_128393656988_650326988_2578112_4872289_n.jpg10620_128393651988_650326988_2578111_6196671_n.jpg10620_128393686988_650326988_2578116_473578_n.jpg10620_128393676988_650326988_2578115_3018103_n.jpg

The last 2 are UAV shots of Sydney Harbour Bridge.:yay:

Edited by sonarmb

Gnat;1418075']Aussie' date=' you getting holes in ther terrain at distance when the VD is like 10km ?[/quote']

any way to fix that?

I'm excited to see the island progressing for Arma2 and judging from those screens, it looks excellent so far.

I've had a few friends from Australia so I've always had interest in stepping foot there, even if it is in game for the time being!

The main objective now is to exchange all the A1 addons for the A2 equivalent. This will take some time as we'll basically have to replace most of the building objects on the map.

It might take some time, but here's another shot to keep you happy in the mean time.

NwCrK.jpg

Looks great, I'm just in process of replacing 200,000+ trees and 150,000 objects from A1 :)

Looks great, I'm just in process of replacing 200,000+ trees and 150,000 objects from A1 :)

Ah i feel for you :(

I dont think i'll personally be doing much replacing because i'm in charge of the sat/mask. I'll try and help out if i find some time. It might be a while before its all done. Maybe around Christmas.

Anyway, here's another screenie.

qeMUC.jpg

Edited by Thrash

im loving that red dirt fellas :P

have u guys got some nice ol gum trees done? any chance of some screenies of some nice thick scrub? (if u have it that is)

Hey, are you adding landmarks as well? like Sydney Opera house?

What, you mean like this? :p

SOHWIPO2screenielogo.jpg

Lots of work still to be done on that - need to finish the view & geometry LODs, then break it into pieces less than 50m across, then texture the bugger... :rolleyes:

Edited by Bern

What, you mean like this? :p

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af149/OGNBern/SOHWIPO2screenielogo.jpg

Lots of work still to be done on that - need to finish the view & geometry LODs, then break it into pieces less than 50m across, then texture the bugger... :rolleyes:

Hey, island is looking good! Like the bridge. Is that model for the Sydney Opera House the free one that comes with AutoCAD by any chance? :P

cant see the pics from the first post

What pics are you guys talking about? The ones i posted on the last page?

I can see them ok, anyone else having issues?

What pics are you guys talking about? The ones i posted on the last page?

I can see them ok, anyone else having issues?

No, I think they mean the pics from Aussie's first post - I can't see them either, any more. Your pics are working fine.

Hey, island is looking good! Like the bridge. Is that model for the Sydney Opera House the free one that comes with AutoCAD by any chance? :P

It's based on that - I was going to draw up my own from plan & elevation drawings or photos of the place (as I did for the bridge), but remembered that model. It's been somewhat simplified, though. The original sample drawing had something like 15,000-20,000 polys, from memory, and was 2D shells only, whereas my Oxygen2 version (shown in the screenie) built as solid objects is coming in at under 6,000 so far, with some changes to make everything closed & convex.

Not looking forward to doing the UV map... :rolleyes:

Looks like police cars will already be readily available for this island, can't wait to put the pedal to the metal chasing speeders through Sydney.

Hell yes, boys this is looking fantastic and one is currently 'chomping at the bit' to play this map.

Ahh, about time we saw some Aussie shit apart from troops.

All we need now are some HQ's, HR's, Torana's and lots of blokes in thongs.

lol, and don't forget the Sydney Opera House and lost of places to do some COP CHASES!

why i love cops is all explained in my user pic

Edited by Blueteamguy

This needs some naval units to go with it. I think an Armidale class patrol boat would be nice. Then we could recreate episodes of sea patrol :P

they're just doing the island, if you want some units, make them yourself.