Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

Basic Texture Problem

I finally got most of my problems solved. The Island is also present now ingame. So far so good. But I hope that some of you have any Idea what about this Problem.

I´ve got my Sat file from Google Earth. There are around 20 images out of a hight of 12 km. This is a cutview of my Satfile.

satfile.jpg

and this is the result in Buldozer and ingame

buldozer.jpg

Does anybody know why Visitor is destroying the sat file that much? It seems that he cut the whole file in hundret squares and put it back together in a totally different order, why?

My settings

Terrain grid size: 1024 x 1024

Terrain cell size: 10.0

Terrain size (meters): 10240 x 10240

Satellite grid: 96

Satellite grid calculator:

Image size (pixels): 5120 x5120

image resolution (m/px): 2.000

segment size (pixels): 512

segment size (meters): 1024.000

Segment overlap (pixels): 16

Segment overlap (meters): 32.000

Sattelie Grid

Calculated: 99.200

Proposed: 96

Segment overlap (proposed): 32.000

Texture layers

Base: 40 x 40

Thanks in advance

Memphis

Edited by MemphisBelle

Without seeing the dataset first hand... As your using a 5m TerrainGrid try a 20m TextureGrid instead of the 40m.

PS. Once you've altered it to 20m you'd have to do a re-import of the sat & mask...

Opps... PS2... Although you have 5120px for your sat image in V3... Is the sat & mask images actually 5120x5120 ? Or, somethig slightly different?

And, How good was your upclose merging of the source imagery? You confident of it's fidelity?

Edited by Synide

Without seeing the dataset first hand... As your using a 5m TerrainGrid try a 20m TextureGrid instead of the 40m.

PS. Once you've altered it to 20m you'd have to do a re-import of the sat & mask...

Opps... PS2... Although you have 5120px for your sat image in V3... Is the sat & mask images actually 5120x5120 ? Or, somethig slightly different?

And, How good was your upclose merging of the source imagery? You confident of it's fidelity?

Now I am using a 10m Terrain Grid. The Texture layers are still 40x40 meters. The sat and mask files have exactly 5120x5120 px.

It´s not a secret thing, so I can publish my Sat file. It´s also in a not as good quality as other ones (high 12km). So here you can get it to convince about its quality.

Sat_lco.png

Ibiza Island?????

Nice. But if you are trying to do a google earth based sat_lco you have to be very careful when cutting and pasting the segments.

Also try to cut little portions of sea around the shore, otherwise you will see an abrupt change from the land to the sea. And you will lose detail in the shallow areas near the beaches. Think about Rahmadi, where you could see, while flying, the sat_lco, and clusters of rocks and algae under the surface

Now I am using a 10m Terrain Grid. The Texture layers are still 40x40 meters. The sat and mask files have exactly 5120x5120 px.

It´s not a secret thing, so I can publish my Sat file. It´s also in a not as good quality as other ones (high 12km). So here you can get it to convince about its quality.

Sat_lco.png

try this, after when v3 sorts out your map go to your data\layers file and press f5 to refresh your files,if that dont work press view which should have icon , list ect, and press icon maybe ,then back to views.

OK guys, I fixed my last issue, so I am back in the same level of knowledge as back in ArmA1. What did I wrong?

Well, I have a total size of the Island of 1024x1024, so I need a image of respective size. That means either 1024 x 1024 for sat and mask or even 10240 x 10240 for both as well. That was what I did wrong. My last sat/mask files had both a size of 5120 x 5120 so Visitor had the Problem to "expand" the sat file into a 2 x bigger area, that caused the clusters.

Thanks for your help and patience, now I can share all new won knowledge for people who has similar problems.

Edited by MemphisBelle