Sign in to follow this  
Frosti

Arma2 Im disappointed

I bought Arma2 for multiplayer. I enter servers and what I see:

- 'spacebar scanner' and this is realistic?- hope it can be turned off but no.

- "fps helpers" yeah it help you play game on old PC but mostly it help players to see other - you think you are hiden behind this grass? well guess again you are not couse 'fps helpers' reduce it size or even removing completly [just like hax]

Long story short I thinked it is 'simulator' but its another counter -strike-battle field-call of duty- thing - bleh.

Maybe in near future other disappointed players make Arma2 like it should be [with mods and addons to do so].

it helps to reduce team kills, but yeah its a bit crap. maybe a server setting should disable it ?

Please read the other flaming threads if you enjoy that (we have enough of them cluttering the forums), otherwise check the mod and addon forums. - bleh.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

it helps to reduce team kills, but yeah its a bit crap. maybe a server setting should disable it ?

*All clients on a online session are bound to the server settings.

The FPS helper is a community addon, don't blame the game for it. You could just play on servers that doesn't allow it. My guess is that most PvP servers don't and on coop it doesn't really matter. Also, the grass is set by the server in MP.

As long as AI recognition speed is superfast and quite science fictional at times, I definately want some kind of modifyer to help me from gunning down my own. Also I disagree that us with rather lousy hardware should not be able to recognise friend from foe as good as those with better hardware. I run everything at low (except I have high resolution in windowed mode), and what I see is way worse than those that manage high everything, supersampled pixels, and 200% filler. On the same resolution.

I was playing on an Italian server. When you tried to do the 'spacebar scan', you got a full-screen message that it wasn't allowed on their clan server and it was blocked. I was pleased to see you could block it, because it annoys me, too.

Long story short I thinked it is 'simulator' but its another counter -strike-battle field-call of duty- thing - bleh.

I wonder if you've ever played Counterstrike, Battlefield, or Call of Duty...

I'm not disappointed, I reckon it's a good game. Needs a little polish in some areas but I'm enjoying all aspects of it at the moment - now I just need a faster PC ;)

I bought Arma2 for multiplayer. I enter servers and what I see:

- 'spacebar scanner' and this is realistic?- hope it can be turned off but no.

Its often enough though the only kind of advantage you have against the AI since I am not sure sometimes how well the AI in the game is affected by its suroundings and the enviroment. Its a borderline situation since many times it seems like they just stand around while you shoot them, other times they know your position even behind the bigest debris and cover. I had quite a lot of situations where behind thick foilage the enemy still managed to shoot me (without giving a shoot before).

I think the space bar is a unrealistic adantage, but its here to counter different as well unrealistic aspect of the game, the AI behaviour for example.

- "fps helpers" yeah it help you play game on old PC but mostly it help players to see other - you think you are hiden behind this grass? well guess again you are not couse 'fps helpers' reduce it size or even removing completly [just like hax]

As sad as its sound but I would give everyone the suggestion to tourn off grass. Well ... why? Cause its effect in arma 2 is really nothing more then cosmetic and more a handicap then a way to hidde. Particularly cause even if you have all details on full you STILL dont see grass and some parts of foliage on large distance which makes it much easier to spot someome in the game compared to real life (actualy it would be past 1500m even not possible anymore to spot most vehicles. Particularly if they have a similar colour sheme like the foliage!). So well ... yeah. A big issue in my eyes as well. But its not just a issue for Arma 2. A lot of games have to fight with that, for examople STALKER:Shadow of Chernobyle removed exactly cause of the issue with grass the possibility to prone in the game as they found no soluton to avoid the issues with grass AI and other players which remove grass.

Red Orchestra gives map makers the ability to dissable the feature to turn off grass. But almost no map makes there much use of grass anyway. And even if there is some its not very big.

I would have liked to see a focus in the game on "low" grass instead of big bushes. Comparable to velds in Siberia which would have fitt the gameplay a lot better.

steppe1.jpg

This thread is the reason why half of the arma community annoys me to no end.

This thread is the reason why half of the arma community annoys me to no end.

I agree, this thread makes me :rolleyes: :j::nono: