Sign in to follow this  
Relemar

giving my soldier a m136

how to give me soldier M136

i know the classname is M136 and ammo is M136 whats the comamnd?

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

hey i got player addWeapon "M136" now how to give ammo? thx

Now you have the M136 with 4 magazines. ;)

removeAllWeaponsThis; this addMagazine "M136"; this addMagazine "M136"; this addMagazine "M136"; this addMagazine "M136"; this addWeapon "M136";

^

removeAllWeaponsThis; this addWeapon "M136"; {this addmagazine "M136";} forEach [1,2,3,4];

:)

One M136 magazine requires 6 inventory places, so it's impossible to take four rounds with you. ;)

Nice...I didn't know about removeAllWeapons. lol.

removeAllWeaponsThis; this addWeapon "M136"; {this addmagazine "M136";} forEach [1,2,3,4];

And the forEach is a nice touch... :)

One M136 magazine requires 6 inventory places, so it's impossible to take four rounds with you. ;)

In Arma1, you could overload the ammo slots with a script. Maybe there's no upper limit! :eek:

Indeed, in both OFP and ArmA addMagazine allowed you to overload the inventory... doubt it's changed for ArmA 2.

Ah, sorry i didn't know. Then ignore my post.

Ah, sorry i didn't know. Then ignore my post.

Hey no worries, you brought up a good point. Personally I'd completely forgotten about the fact that M136 rounds take up more slots in ArmA 2. ;)

removeAllWeapons B1; this addWeapon "m8_sharpshooter"; {this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD";} forEach [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8]; this addWeapon "M136"; {this addmagazine "M136";} forEach [1,2,3,4];  this addWeapon "MakarovSD"; {this addmagazine "8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD";} forEach [1,2,3,4]; this addWeapon "Throw"; {this addmagazine "HandGrenade";} forEach [1,2,3,4]; this addWeapon "Throw"; {this addmagazine "SmokeShell";} forEach [1,2,3,4]; {this addmagazine "pipebomb";} forEach [1,2]; this addweapon "binocular"; this addweapon "NVGoggles";

Need a mobile crane for lifting me over walls now, but all good.

:p

Edited by Tinker

Fyi, in OFP/Arma1 it was always better to add the magazines first and then the weapon (ie the magazines commands should be written before the weapon commands) because if you addweapon first you will than have to reload all your weapons as the magazines wont be loaded automatically, if you add the mags to your character prior to weapons the weapons will automatically load the first magazine

Thnx for the above 2 posts. :) Just getting hold of this stuff also.

It is annoying to have to run to the ammo box on insert. Can result in death on hot inserts, or running half a click to the objective to find numnuts still at said ammo box fiddling with kits...

The default loadouts are not very well kitted out.

:butbut: I think you were right IndeedPete,:bounce3: I have just tested this and the maximum ammo I can carry are two M136 rockets and nothing else, not even a peanut to put in my blow tube. even if I put four rockets in the init line two is the most you can carry.

You can have an infinate amount. Use the code in my above post and edit accordingly. Worked fine for me, I had everything in that list on insert and all worked fine.

Note removeAllWeapons B1

I named the testing soldier B1

I put this in the initialization of my man

removeallweapons this; this addWeapon "M136"; {this addmagazine "M136";} forEach [1,2,3,4];

and two is all I get. Tried your full load out as well,in the preview, you get everything but the rockets.

Edited by Padjur

I also could not get it to work using removeallweapons this;

Give a name to the guy and use removeAllWeapons name;

Note capital A and W think that was also an issue?

Just paste mine in and name the guy B1 and see it work first?

*Edit*

Tested with 9 rockets / 9 frags / 9 smoke

NP

Edited by Tinker

Well Tinker what can I say. :confused: I don't understand how you say you can do it sorry. I have tested it all the ways, including the ways you suggest, unless I'm missing something here but I can't think what (as removeAllWeapons is very familiar to me already). I'm pretty certain I've not missed anything, so my conclusion can only be that IndeedPete is indeed correct. An M136 takes up 6 slots. Your load out gives my man everything but the M136 rounds. if I give him a M136 launcher and four rounds in the editor (or 5,or 6 or whatever ), when I preview he has only two (which is a total of 12 slots). You could give him something more balanced like this though

removeAllWeapons B1; {this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag";} forEach [1,2,3,4,5,6];
this addWeapon "M16A2GL"; this addWeapon "M136";
this addmagazine "M136";
{this addmagazine "8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD";} forEach [1,2,3,4];
this addWeapon "MakarovSD";
{this addmagazine "1Rnd_Smoke_M203";} forEach [1,2];
{this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203";} forEach [1,2];
this addweapon "binocular"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"

Because the HE and Smoke rounds for the M203 launcher are carried in the Pistol Mag Pouches it would still give you some grenade capability.

On a related note, has anyone tried this in the 58814 beta?

I tried:

removeallweapons this; this addWeapon "VSS_Vintorez"; this addmagazine "Can't_Remember_The_Vintorez_Magazine_Name_Right_Now";

The character received a Vintorez that fired like one but looked like his original weapon. If anyone else sees this, I'll file a bug report.

Try calling the same code on a soldier from a trigger...

I don't belive the removeallweapons command worked. if you toggle through the weapon firing mode selection (f by default) and watch the name, you'll see the weapon list, the model doesn't change when you have 2 primary weapons. look through the optics. you'll see the optics change as well as the firing modes.

You can add all the primary weapons and cycle through them. but the model doesn't change when the "weapon" does. only optics and rounds. it's funny hearing a m107 round come out of a m4. :)

Also, for the ammo load out.. you can have as many rounds as you want, but the extras don't show up in the gear menu. bring up the m136 and if it says only 2 are available. fire off a round, 2 should be left, it should continue to do that until you only have 1 round left. (then it will say 1. :))

Edited by Big_Daddy