Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

This means gunner will no longer switch to mgun or rockets when you ordered him to use missiles.

So the old way when they automatically changed it was actually a feature? :confused:

AI still engage footsoldiers with AT weapons so when you really need'em you got none left.

Medics still use way too much time walking around in circles before give medical attention if an enemy has been spotted. Same problem if your order a AI to pick up a weapon from a body.

Medics still use way too much time walking around in circles before give medical attention if an enemy has been spotted. Same problem if your order a AI to pick up a weapon from a body.

Too much rotational movement methinks. Soldiers should move more directionaly -I think SLX has this implemented.

i got in a tank before as gunner i ordered my troops to goto the next waypoint.....and went for a magical mystery tour. we went everywhere but the direction of the way point.

also my tankees are still managing to flip thier tanks, and i still see bouncing tanks ingame.

map=war welcome, sp missions

is there any plans on using newtons law? dont think there is much chance of a 70-80 ton tank bouncing 50ft in the air, nor is there much chance of one flipping upside down off a slight incline. but it happens here still lol

Think I need to go down to CZ and buy a crate of beer to BIS staff.. Seems quite complex to tweak arma2. Dont give up!

When the player is a tank commander the AI gunner doesn't change to coax autonomously anymore... ^^ Cool. It would still be practical to have his ammo slot/mg selection displayed somewhere.

These betas are coming out with a fast pace. Keep it up. :)

Too much rotational movement methinks. Soldiers should move more directionaly -I think SLX has this implemented.

Seconded. WAY too much. They even go in circles with things directly in front of them , which is very wierd. Also, no improvements seen on the convoy movement. I use the 2 UAZ test in Arma2Mark as the standard and both UAZs still stop periodically.

About suppression fire I think it's much better that if we have 2 (or more) men in our team with a light machine gun (eg RPK), they alternate each other for the suppression fire: one of them starts suppressing the enemy, then, when he has to reload, the other one starts a new suppression fire in order to have an uninterrupted suppression and so on.

In order to save ammo, commander should be able to stop them and they should understand when they should stop firing (unless commander didn't say "stop idiots!"). :D

Edited by otreblA_SNAKE_[ITA]

AI still engage footsoldiers with AT weapons so when you really need'em you got none left.

Also adding that AI still often hit friendlies when turning and specially when doing an animation like going from prone to crouch or stand.

hi all i hope you can help is there a fire at command?

eg i want my men to fire at say a tree,building plain bit of grass just like you could do in command and conquare i know completly diff game but u could hold down i think it was ctrl then it would come up with a reticle and no matter what u clicked on the units would just fire at it.

cheers

p.s i dont mean surpess

^... you mean the suppression fire thing actually works?? how do you get your MG gunner to do that?

They do it automatically: in the editor put yourself near a wall in a city and in front of you put an enemy armoured vehicle like an HMMWV (but this should work with heavy machinegunners too). Hide immediately behind the wall and see what happens =)

Edited by otreblA_SNAKE_[ITA]

^... yes, I do notice the AI do automatically offer suppressive or area fire more often now but what's with the "suppressive fire" command? Does it work at all? Can we ask specific team mates to provide suppressive fire?

Not yet.

The command requires aditional PBO changes which apparently were to big to make it to the BETA patches.

Regarding the AI surpress feature itself... I'd like to see the AI automatically perform it more often! Its a cool and immersive feature that I'd love to see more of.

-k

While flying lead cobra in a pair with AI manning the 2nd the AI tend to lag behing then catch up, gain altitude then lag again and repeat. If you can imagine a heart monitor trace on a screen with the flat line then spike peak then flatline you get the idea. Other than that I'm really enjoying taking AI controlled vehicles with me now. Excellent stuff Devs.

One thing that recently annoys me is AI in line formation/aware walking in front of me, cutting my way or even blocking me, while moveing forward after a little pause for example.

If they really do have to switch the side (relative to me as leader), for god's sake, make them pass behind me and not in front of me. At least for wedge/line formation. I could maybe understand it, if I were in vee formation.

I guess this is due to the recent micromovement/bounding movement changes, because they shouldn't need to switch sides (again relative to me) since I haven't changed formation recently. Maybe this should be considered/watched too.

Second I really think it's about time to make AI not go swim into lakes, just to keep formation, and make them pass bridges and dams and similar.

We want some fun at the Pobeda Dam! :o

Two points about the new beta:

> AI driving is still not really satisfying, although there have been a lot of improvements. As I was testing the new beta (61974), the AI was still driving through the landscape in some cases instead of using the road. Especially tanks leave the road for no reason and prefer to drive aside the road. Even some objects near roads still make the AI to leave the road and drive around them.

Here's a little repro, if you want to try:

http://uploaded.to/file/bp756p

The predefined convoy takes very long until it's on the road, but then it's ok. Change the vehicles into tanks (M1A1, ...) to see them leaving the road near the 2nd village. You'll see that driving is still a mess.

But driving around corners seems to be very, very good now :).

> Please make the AI to make more use of the crouch/kneeling stance. I like to use it cause it hides you better than standing and is faster than proned position. But my AI fellows seem to think different. Even if I set them to "danger" some of them are still standing around in the open (wtf?) as if they are immune to bullets.

Edited by LeadCommando65

Regarding the AI surpress feature itself... I'd like to see the AI automatically perform it more often! Its a cool and immersive feature that I'd love to see more of.

I'd rather see it as a order option because right now AI seems to run out of ammo too fast!

I have a couple of suggestions:

1-To avoid stucking with npcs: if I'm colliding with an npc, he should to move back

2-About CQC and suppressing fire: suppressing fire in CQC can help us outflanking the enemy like in Brothers in Arms...sure, enemies won't stay behind a wall forever taking fire: they'll move and will try outflanking us (maybe using smoke grenades too). This will make game much more immersive (IMHO)

Driving is a lot better in the corners but for some reason they still turn 90desgrees into walls for no reason.

There was an empty field one side the road and the other was a wall and for no reason I could see the jeep turned straight into it.

I ran it again and this time it just made a slight turn but carried on.

I don't know what beta this started in or if it has been mentioned yet or not, but when you are pressing a key when killed(for example the run forward key) and release the key when respawning, your soldier will still run forward without you touching they keyboard. If you press the run key again, the soldier will stop and will behave normally. However, it gets kind of annoying when your using the alt key to look right, the run forward button, and the sidetsep button all at once and have to press each one individually to get the soldier to stop doing that when you respawn.