Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Wow.

It might be placebo (no pun) but quite a few things seem to have changed. Firstly colour saturation seems different? It might just be drivers. Other than that the AI seems to be VERY responsive even aggressive. Just tried it for a few minutes before buggering off to work.

I guess I'll try it more there.

-k

The latest beta feels really good to me too. Now i just have to get my friend to be able to play it... One of these sit and wait for hours thing again. Hate those - i want to play!

EDIT: Maybe you guys (BIS) can add in the beta's so it can read from that area as well? The Wow6432Node registry section. So it can feel that the game is in fact installed even when its not present in the software section. Just an idea.

EDIT2: Testing a reinstall.

Edited by Alex72

@Alex72: My Arma2 registry stuff is under Wow6432Node aswell and has always worked fine. I don't think that's the source of the problem. Though I guess you can always copy the data from the Wow6432Node area to the main area and see if that works.

@Alex72: My Arma2 registry stuff is under Wow6432Node aswell and has always worked fine. I don't think that's the source of the problem. Though I guess you can always copy the data from the Wow6432Node area to the main area and see if that works.

Thank you MadDog! How does one copy that? (didnt see any COPY inside the reg). Weird that it works for you though. He did reinstall it now and will isntall 1.04 first. Then the beta and see if it works.

Thanks.

EDIT: Tested the EXPORT/IMPORT in regedit but didnt get it to work... This is going on my nerves. All day gone without any playing thanks to this crap. He will try and wipe a third time and install on another location just to see. Time for bed and hoping for better luck tomorrow.

Edited by Alex72

Our Win7 server has everything under Wow6432Node as well, but not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Bohemia Interactive like you had. On my own XP, I only have it at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Bohemia Interactive, but as said, XP which might do different.

Wow6432Node? Wtf? How incredibly obvious? :(

Edit: First tests, no addons.

1) No more stupid AI heli crashing. A small step for man, and giant leap for AI :D Not fully tested, but at least I'm no longer able to lure AI into the woods so they can crash.

2) Heli waypoints over water seems to work again. Route seems ok also, but somehow stays a with a cycle wp sometimes. But need to test more.

3) Careless + never fire still causes AI to engage. If I'm gunner in a Cobra, pilot will order me to open fire.

4) C130 will do turns at 80° bank :D Still no player authority for this aircraft on the ground :( (Extreme turning radius).

5) C130 HSI "cockpit compass rose" rotates the wrong way and indicated wrong directions. N=N, S=S, E=W, and W=E. Hmmm.

6) Still editor hang during alt-tab back and forth from windowed editor, while preview not in progress.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Running ArmA2Mark: No change in performance compared to _61032.

Of the 1.04 beta patches, _60141 so far all time high in average FPS for me.

I will second that. 60141 so far the best in performance. No Addons.

Rig

Dual 3.4GHz Xeon

8GB RAM

GTX 285 - 195.xx nividia drivers

Win7 Pro x64 (always kept up to date)

Latest DX versions (always kept up to date)

TrackIR4 - (v5 software)

Steam version

Running ArmA2Mark: No change in performance compared to _61032.

Edited by Punisher5555

The day that i can get a decent FPS on normal settings will be a great day :). Is it possible that we can get any word from the developers as to what they are focusing on for the next beta? Great work with the chopper AI, it dramatically increases their lethality...

R.. No change in performance compared to _61032.

Same.

Q9650 @ 3ghz | xp pro sp2 | 9600GT (OC) | 3gb ram low latency | Audigy soundcard

Please allow users to set vegetation draw limit as it was in 60141 to get the performance back up. Either that or sliders to customize all draw & view distances separately for trees / buildings etc ?

Edited by zeep

Could it be...??? Useful AI choppers???

Almost there.

Now let Hinds use their AT guided missiles.

Wow6432Node? Wtf? How incredibly obvious? :(

It's because the game is 32-bit but your server is 64. It's just a translational layer in the Windows API, similar to how it uses the Program Files (x86) directory for 32-bit programs, alongside the Program Files directory for 64-bit programs. WOW stands for "Windows on Windows" - used to be you could see some WOW stuff in the task manager when you were running old 16-bit DOS apps. I'm not sure why having 32-bit programs accessing the same registry as 64-bit would cause problems, but presumably Microsoft wouldn't have gone to all that work unless things broke pretty badly... :)

Edit: First tests, no addons.

1) No more stupid AI heli crashing. A small step for man, and giant leap for AI :D Not fully tested, but at least I'm no longer able to lure AI into the woods so they can crash.

This is probably the most exciting thing I've ever read! :D

Kind of want to chuck a sickie today... but I guess I'd better not. :(

@Alex72: maybe you can bypass the install problem using sixupdater to get the beta on the machine?

The colours of the menus seem to have changed a bit and are looking alot more natural then before. I'm wondering if it is posible to install the Beta on a deticated server aswell for a smoother game?

Any idea on when this patch will become official? I'd like to be able to run it through Steam and use steam friends to play with people again, its been a few months of beta-ing. :P

Really? There are 100's on ebay from Top Sellers. Just because you can actually get a hard copy does not make it pirated...

They get them cheap there, and sell them cheap to us.

Would everyone please stop feeding that obvious troll and report his posts instead, thanks.

In addition to that, our forum rules prohibit any discussion about the copy protection. Such posts will be removed and the user account might be suspended.

Tested the EXPORT/IMPORT in regedit but didnt get it to work...

You were on the right track, but missed something:

After you export, open up the exported reg file in notepad. You'll see several registry paths in square brackets. I'm not 100% sure, but they should look something like this:

[\\HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive]
Anyway, you'll be able to see the "Wow6432Node\" part in the middle of those lines. That's basically what you need to delete. From the example above, it should end up like this:
[\\HKLM\Software\Bohemia Interactive]

Make sure you get all the strings, then save the file and import it into the registry. :)

The colours of the menus seem to have changed a bit and are looking alot more natural then before.

Was about to post that one, mainly noticed it on the map.

Was about to post that one, mainly noticed it on the map.

I confirm that, the green color looks paler. I noticed it when I pressed P.

Yup, looks like they're doing some work on the UI. :)

Framerates also felt smoother to me with the new beta, but maybe I was just imagining it.

Edited by MadDogX

The highlight bar in the gear menu makes the selected item almost unreadable. Is it just me?

61362: Screenshot (110KB).

61062: Screenshot (116KB).

Nvidia GTX 295 w/ 191.07 drivers.

Edited by some kind of guy

The highlight bar in the gear menu makes the selected item almost unreadable. Is it just me?

61362: Screenshot (110KB).

61062: Screenshot (116KB).

Nvidia GTX 295 w/ 191.07 drivers.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. But not un-readable.

Have to say though, I really like these new colours over the old ones.

If there was an option to alter the colours this would be awesome.

Hey guys, all that stuff last night that Alex72 was trying to fix for me wasn't needed in the end. half way through my reinstallation, I realised I had my ArmA2.exe renamed to "crysis.exe". I'm running 2x 8800GT in SLI aned is supose to give better performance. So yeah, just an update, if anyone had done the same as I, remember to rename the .exe before tring to install a patch. ;) Thanks guys