Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

JWCustom: all nice capturing that "on tape", but please keep the videos of the island to yourself for now ;)

Speaking of "that island", any bugs found in the beta should ideally be reproducable without any mods. They are, after all, another potential source for any bugs people may find.

Is BIS going to use the "LARGEADDRESSAWARE" Flag to improve performance in the 1.05 patch?

Are they going to use in a better way multi-processors PCs for AI and performance improvements?

(However, excellent job 'till now, BIS ;) )

Speaking of "that island", any bugs found in the beta should ideally be reproducable without any mods. They are, after all, another potential source for any bugs people may find.

That AI wallhack has been there since game was released with or without mods, just haven't recorded it before!

;1515142']Is BIS going to use the "LARGEADDRESSAWARE" Flag to improve performance in the 1.05 patch?

Are they going to use in a better way multi-processors PCs for AI and performance improvements?

(However' date=' excellent job 'till now, BIS ;) )[/quote']

If it was that simple, It would have been in the first patch already.:j:

That AI wallhack has been there since game was released with or without mods, just haven't recorded it before!

I'm aware of that, but generally speaking any bug reports and repos should be checked with mods disabled before being brought to the forums or the bugtracker. Of course the "wallhack" is a special case because it's a known bug, but still: videos, pics, repro steps etc. should be provided showing the vanilla game. Otherwise the devs will just say "Cool story brah. Now go repro that in the vanilla game."

;)

Don't know if its been brought up but I can no longer drag, carry, or apply first aid to people with the latest beta patch.

Don't know if its been brought up but I can no longer drag, carry, or apply first aid to people with the latest beta patch.

I can.

Are the links down? Any mirrors out there?

Edit: Never mind just a lame Chrome bug! Will test...

Edited by Sniper Pilot
NVM

I'm aware of that, but generally speaking any bug reports and repos should be checked with mods disabled before being brought to the forums or the bugtracker. Of course the "wallhack" is a special case because it's a known bug, but still: videos, pics, repro steps etc. should be provided showing the vanilla game. Otherwise the devs will just say "Cool story brah. Now go repro that in the vanilla game."

;)

True but this is not something you just repro, you can't just say "AI go through wall" :p

Anyways this was mainly for fabrizio_T who hadn't seen this before :)

If it was that simple, It would have been in the first patch already.:j:

Well, maybe they forgot to add that flag xD

About the multi-core, it is another way to say "optimization" :p

¿Better performance? Because 61362 from 61062 seens more than just one improvement.

Edit: I just downloaded it and it doesnt display "No free space left" during instalation anymore (Hurra!) I will test it more deeply now

Edited by -=Falco=-

¿Better performance? Because 61362 from 61062 seens more than just one improvement.

Edit: I just downloaded it and it doesnt display "No free space left" during instalation anymore (Hurra!) I will test it more deeply now

Suma said that when they fix an "old bug" in a new betapatch, they don't write it into the changelog ;)

12KB/s download speed FTW :D

No joke - BIS needs a patch for their file server...

;1515869']Suma said that when they fix an "old bug" in a new betapatch' date=' they don't write it into the changelog ;)[/quote']

I know, I was just pointing that out. Small or experimental tweaks arent logged either.

Anyone got the latest beta and could be peachy enough to link it? :) Trying to get it down over here but its just not possible.

Thanks.

BIS: Please do something - ARMA2 is getting very hot these days, and with all right! :) But its impossible to DL beta's and hard to get on the forum.

Could it be...??? Useful AI choppers???

I'm automatically mirroring betas to http://mirror.quex.org/arma/beta/

You're welcome to download from there if you find it faster. BIS' server seems to have returned to its usual speed for me though, almost 200 KB/sec. But you never know when they'll get hammered again, I suppose. It polls the beta patch page every 15 minutes so should be reasonably up to date.

Anyone got the latest beta and could be peachy enough to link it? :) Trying to get it down over here but its just not possible.

Thanks.

BIS: Please do something - ARMA2 is getting very hot these days, and with all right! :) But its impossible to DL beta's and hard to get on the forum.

Not like you to miss this Alex, you must be betatesting too much ;)

Thanks again for hosting this some kind of guy, it's good to download at 1Mb/s rather than 12Kb/s.

P

Got the beta down. Finally...

If anyone has a problem with getting it down throw me a PM and i'll hook you up with good speed.

EDIT: Now my mate cant install the beta. He has 1.04 offical and when trying to run the beta it says "ARMA2 not installed or corrupt". But the game works fine.

I remember this one from before but i cant remember how to fix it. Anyone?

EDIT2: Worth mentioning is that he did NOT have a beta before. So it has no beta folder in it wich usually is the problem if you cant install a new beta (have to remove the old one first). But he has none, and it just doesnt want to install.

Edited by Alex72

Steam or not, which OS?

EDIT: Now my mate cant install the beta. He has 1.04 offical and when trying to run the beta it says "ARMA2 not installed or corrupt". But the game works fine.

I remember this one from before but i cant remember how to fix it. Anyone?

I find the problem, but NOT the solution... He is on Win7 like me and 505 boxed DVD, and never had problems before. But he reinstalled ARMA2 now and was going to install the beta. Beta cannot find where to install.

I asked him to check the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Bohemia Interactive. Also the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Bohemia Interactive Stuido. I have both - he has NONE! There is no entry in the registry.

I think this is the problem? Or can it be located somewhere else in registry?

Thanks for replying Maruk! :)

UPDATE: He found registry of ARMA2 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Wow6432Node/Bohemia Interactive Studios. ??? This is correct?

UPDATE2: Ok so i searched for that WOW6432Node and programs that are 32bit installed on a 64bit OS will get the program registered there. But it seems to me like it SHOULD also register in the normal SOFTWARE section of the registry, but ARMA2 didnt. Only in the WOW64 section. But i might be wrong. However he cannot install beta's as it says: "ArmA 2 is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted."

Link (REG image): IMAGE

Any idea Maruk?

Edited by Alex72