Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

There have been issues that require fixing;

1) After 1-2 hours of plying, objects will have no textures on them then slowly have their texture back, my object details is on very high and texture is on normal and i'm talking about 1-5 meter away objects.

2) Flickering textures on the road, roof tops and metal sidings.

3) Not sure if network connection can be further optimized.

Thanks.

GO IM COVERING!

GO IM COVERING!

GO IM COVERING!

GO IM COVERING!

GO IM COVERING!

GO IM COVERING!

Still there in the new beta, seems to be worse too. Says it for a really long time.

Lol :) Sometimes, when I issue an order (like 'attack that BMP3'), my character issues it twice, so I have to sit through two 'order' animations when i could be ducking behind a wall/selecting a smoke grenade etc

4. raising weapon in crouch position still doesn't work - soldier stands up instead (reported this x times already, but nobody listen)

This has an easy workaround - just hit your fire button (usually LMB) once to ready your weapon. This works when crouched and standing. Obviously if the weapon is already readied you'll get a surprise, but ideally you should know whether your weapon is up or down.

7. can't strafe (step left-right) while sprinting

Not sure what you mean here... works the same as using the strafe keys when jogging - you go diagonally.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

GO IM COVERING!

GO IM COVERING!

GO IM COVERING!

+1 - it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it really kills the immersion. Would it be possible to band-aid this issue by preventing the same unit from issuing a "go" twice in a row? i.e. for each group, keep track of who last said they were covering, and then if the current speaker is the same person not emit the message?

+1 - it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it really kills the immersion. Would it be possible to band-aid this issue by preventing the same unit from issuing a "go" twice in a row? i.e. for each group, keep track of who last said they were covering, and then if the current speaker is the same person not emit the message?

Im just alt-tabbed atm from playing and Ive got 2 guys saying "GO IM COVERING". Theyre taking it in turns. I was about to execute one of them.

Its best to remove that line of speech altogether, its not needed.

Edited by Nazul

go im covering!

Go im covering!

Go im covering!

Go im covering!

Go im covering!

Go im covering!

Still there in the new beta, seems to be worse too. Says it for a really long time.

5, target officer

4, target man

2, target grenadier

8, target man

11, target man

Same as above ;)

Play some big battle and radio chatter is going to give you a headache.

Wish to solve?

Reduce group radio Chatter

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6380

Edited by fabrizio_T

;1500264']When BIS is releasing the 1.05? Christmas?

Dont know, but let them take their time with this one. Previous patches havent been very good.

I like the new aggressiveness of the AI in this latest build. Formation wise however, it seems that even under AWARE they are now moving nearly as slow as in COMBAT. Nothing as annoying as if you want to bug out of an area and the AI takes sweet effing time to get moving "under cover" when I want them to sprint the hell out of the engagement zone.

Hey Funkee,

These are the betas.

You just got a snapshot of something they TRIED. They TRY things in betas.

We had one 2 (3-4?) versions ago that had awesome AI and performance - the next broke something, next fixed that something and tried something else and reduced performance, but vastly upped the draw distance (you probably missed that). These are BETAS. Wait to be so solidly condemning after an official patch which will most likely balance what was observed from the beta period.

As for damage from the headshot, what difficulty were you in? I never had that issue in veteran.

Besides all that - do you know the flea speck area and quantity of objects in MW2 takes next to nothing on CPU to run? And you compare it to the monstrously large streaming environment of A2? It's a peanuts to watermelons argument. It is sounding like A2 simply isn't for you, because this really is all part of the 'BIS' experience. :)

Very true, but still funkee got a point with a few of the issues on his list that needs attention.

1. enemy see and shoot me when I'm lieing hiden in grass and can't see anything, even if they lie too

8. reporting enemies behind obstacles (walls, buildings etc.)

These are part of same problem i think and probably not easy to fix.

4. raising weapon in crouch position still doesn't work - soldier stands up instead (reported this x times already, but nobody listen)

This is a really annoying issue but i know BIS are aware of it :)

9. I hit the guy in head (can see a blood) and he's still alive...?

Often it takes several hit's to take down AI, it's like they don't take damage the same way as players which effect your aiming & walking. But i think it has improved in the later beta's :)

Does anyone have these textures missing? It happens only with the last beta patch.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2m6kaq8.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/9vcayv.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/zmi104.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/a3gjf8.jpg

My spec. q9550 2.8, HD 5850 1gb, 3.2gb ram, W7 32b.

i think that might be beciase of the smoke effects mod u running?

i think that might be beciase of the smoke effects mod u running?

IF he means those white "contour-lines":

No, that happens even for me since they introduced FSAA in a (non-beta) Patch. With or without any Mod - no difference.

IIRC there is/was even a bug-report for it in the tracker.:D

Still the AI + subordinates firing on their own - regardless if "Hold Fire" is ordered or/and "stealth". Its more plausible if AI would give a proper contact report to team/groupleader instead of breaking the chain of command and fire at will.

AI should not fire at crews (turned out/safe behaviour) in vehicles if they cant kill them close to 100% within first or second shot. Would say this should be done by default only by snipers or marksman - not by machinegunners or other units unless team/groupleader gives the order.

Much more improvements the default AI needs with aircrafts they're

- still crashing into trees and buildings

- not using altitude/speed as combat advantage

- not using missiles/bombs properly

- if heavily damaged/wounded they dont disengage = suicidal behaviour

I dont think that is from a smoke effects mod, maybe is something about AA (set to Normal).

there is no smoke effects http://i50.tinypic.com/fdulg4.jpg

But if is a bug-report for it in the tracker, certainly will be repaired soon.

Edited by gulag

60588 - Texture loading, terrain detail, draw distance, and performance all make me find the absolute joy again in flying the A-10 like in OFP. !wOOt!

I can see targets and engage from a MUCH greater distance. Before, I couldn't see targets to ID before it was too late to set up an attack run. Now I can see them 1000's of meters away, and plot my vector.

Thanks BIS!

:yay:

Those GFX "artifacts" are what I get when using FSAA. Remember that FSAA was "added later" and could initially not be supported - the team said some artifacts will remain.

There is definatelly something wrong with textures over time (v60588). Played for 1-2 hours and when i look at units their textures are just a smudge almost. Looking in ACOG at a soldier 30 meters away (very close in scope) the textures are in a very low level.

Ive seen this mentioned, but havent thaught about it or seen it before enough to comment. Ive really looked for it now and it happens on my system as well. Hope you guys find what it is and fix it. :)

Ever since this release ARMA2_Build_59210 I keep getting the "receving" in the middel of the scren. No matter what i do it keep comming.

the version I have postet is OK, but all the version after that is crap. Why do I sudently get that "Receving" ???? there must be something in the patch that does it.

Cant anyone help me whit this.....

I cant fly or engage a tank or anything due to the fact that my game stops for 3-5 sec every 2-4 min when this "receving" screen comes up. And it only appers if i use a beta patch after the one I have postet in the top.

You can se my sys spec in my sig.

I dont hope that the new patch will do this to my game because then I cant play it.

Any solution. ????

Is it me or what happened to the Formations and Movements???

Im on a night stealth mission and every time my team spots an enemy they hide for cover and dont stack up anymore. Doenst care if i set them to "Safe" "Get Up" let them Regroup or give em a special position. I need 2 hours for 500 meters cause of there hide and spotting movements?!

I just tried the same mission with 1.4 and my team stays close to me, whenever they spot an enemy in different modes.

Please BI, look into that issue! stealth missions are impossible with that ...;-(

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

I like the new aggressiveness of the AI in this latest build. Formation wise however, it seems that even under AWARE they are now moving nearly as slow as in COMBAT. Nothing as annoying as if you want to bug out of an area and the AI takes sweet effing time to get moving "under cover" when I want them to sprint the hell out of the engagement zone.

Exactly. Fix for this is a must.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Still the AI + subordinates firing on their own - regardless if "Hold Fire" is ordered or/and "stealth". Its more plausible if AI would give a proper contact report to team/groupleader instead of breaking the chain of command and fire at will.

AI should not fire at crews (turned out/safe behaviour) in vehicles if they cant kill them close to 100% within first or second shot. Would say this should be done by default only by snipers or marksman - not by machinegunners or other units unless team/groupleader gives the order.

Much more improvements the default AI needs with aircrafts they're

- still crashing into trees and buildings

- not using altitude/speed as combat advantage

- not using missiles/bombs properly

- if heavily damaged/wounded they dont disengage = suicidal behaviour

Yes, yes, yes and yes again.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Is it me or what happened to the Formations and Movements???

Im on a night stealth mission and every time my team spots an enemy they hide for cover and dont stack up anymore. Doenst care if i set them to "Safe" "Get Up" let them Regroup or give em a special position. I need 2 hours for 500 meters cause of there hide and spotting movements?!

I just tried the same mission with 1.4 and my team stays close to me, whenever they spot an enemy in different modes.

Please BI, look into that issue! stealth missions are impossible with that ...;-(

Very true again.

The paches are going into the right direction. I am feeling the game a lot better. I cant wait until 1.05 drops :P I am really happy now with Arma II :)

It is true that in the last build 588 textures loading is not as smooth as it was in earlier builds plus some texture flickering... but I am sure that the coming or final patch is gona be great.

I also noted that the IA, sometimes, seens to see trought buildings, but it just happens in weird ocasions, like when a Jeep armed with a rocket launcher steps from a house and 1 sec later you are dead by rocket (shots too fast? how did he knows where i was in just a 1/3 sec?)

Thank you BIS for supporting us like this ;) keep the good work up!

Edited by -=Falco=-

IF he means those white "contour-lines":

No, that happens even for me since they introduced FSAA in a (non-beta) Patch. With or without any Mod - no difference.

IIRC there is/was even a bug-report for it in the tracker.:D

Its worse with any smoke mod. I can hardly notice it on vanilla A2. It cant be fixed. Its just the price you pay to use AA, or go 200% fill.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Does anyone have these textures missing? It happens only with the last beta patch.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2m6kaq8.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/9vcayv.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/zmi104.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/a3gjf8.jpg

My spec. q9550 2.8, HD 5850 1gb, 3.2gb ram, W7 32b.

On the wires, turn up your AA. Use the 9.10 drivers... Also i just cant see how people get used to that blury PS effect? It also looks like your Object detail is low? But it is the smoke that make the worse aliasing. in the last pick.

I did not stop, but Im still laughing...

These new beta are a really improvement, grass layer, Performance, AI, Driving, etc...(no difference...lol)

Im beggining to think that you did not installed the beta correctly.

i'm laughing at you too and feel pity for you. if you dont agree just shut up and respect others opinion. maybe 15 - 30 fps is ok for noob like you, but not for me, and I dont care this is a sim.

better watch your mouth and get a life pathetic arma maniac.

Scrub and some kind of guy - thx for your reply.

Edited by funkee

Hi folks. Just 1 screenshot from latest beta. The "Unique" AI from New Generation Game ArmA2 covers me:

arma22009112922591495.jpg

Clearly your AI teammate is defending you from a Black Widow crawling on the fence. "Spider.. in front of.. us"

The AI is far from perfect, but it gets the job done and I'm usually too engrossed in the battle to notice the sorts of things your screenshot represents.

Go ahead and stick with COD scripted single player and Unreal Tournament-style multiplayer (seriously I saw a video of MW2 multiplayer and was shocked at just how 'arcadey' it was. Doesn't all that score flashing and kill streak crap get on your nerves?)

Anyhow, to each his own I suppose, but I am more than happy with the performance of ARMA II as it is. It ain't perfect but it's a hell of a lot of fun and full of unscripted awesomeness.