Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

I have an error message when I start the game with beta, before the game gets to the loading screen saying:

Error compiling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1

uninstall old beta, reinstall ... make sure you run with proper commandline/shortcut from proper dir

Edit: problem only withstanding when I write the "beta" manually into the init line of the shortcut

(Vista sometimes doesn't make shortcut for some games, so I made a shortcut manually, and that was the problem. With the default link, it worked normally, so I copied it out to desktop)

Edited by Banderas

The beta installer creates a shortcut to start the beta patch in your arma2 dir. Use that.

beta patch 59928 just got released. Nice wave of beta patches. :)

[59924] Fixed: More 32b overflows caused by 8 GB RAM + large VRAM.

[59906] Fixed: Most vehicle gunners did not provide suppressive fire.

[59899] Fixed: AI did not use suppressive fire against enemies seen while holding fire.

[59898] Fixed: Spatial explosions sounds

[59875] New: Suppressive fire against known enemies can be scripted using unit suppressFor time.

I didn't think men could have multiple orgasms. Then I saw the changelog for beta 59928...

I didn't think men could have multiple orgasms. Then I saw the changelog for beta 59928...

Maybe you're not a man in the end maddox :P that is the safest explanation :yay:

kudos =

kudos ++1 (!!!)

Wow!!! The game is finally working!!!!!!!!!!

No more -winxp!!!!!!!! Na,Na,Na, say ay,ay GOODBYE!!!

My rig:

Dual 3.4GHz Xeon

8Gb RAM

Win7 x64 Professional.

Nvidia GTX 285 1Gb (191.07 drivers)

It seems they fixed the sticking sounds! Installing now.. Hey Alex72, good job with that example video :) If it's really fixed then we can rejoice!

Thank you BIS!

When i first saw ArmA2, i was disappointed by the amount of bugs.

But now, i catch my self more often spending & enjoying time with it as in OFP!

Thank you for hearing the community (e.g. mouse lag, which is fixed for me by now) and keep on your good work!

best regards!

[59924] Fixed: More 32b overflows caused by 8 GB RAM + large VRAM

does the above mean arma2 can utilize more ram now?

[59924] Fixed: More 32b overflows caused by 8 GB RAM + large VRAM

does the above mean arma2 can utilize more ram now?

no that one is fixing artefact / issues on 64bit (maybe some 32bit) systems with 4+GB RAM and 640+MB VRAM

The latest beta patchs have been quite good ! Thank you very much BIS :yay:

Now if this issue : http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/4864 could be taken care of, I would be in heaven !

Because of the iron sights/optics misalignment in crouched position, I spend more time fighting against the gun sway than killing the opfor. Sometimes hitting your target in the crouched position is a real feat :D

I play without crosshair so it can be very annoying.

Wow. The suppressFor command (not in wiki yet, but ingame help works) was bloody awesome! Hopefully we'll see this one being used a lot in missions and AI behavioral addons.

Alt tabbing in windowed editor still causes Arma to hang.

The latest beta patchs have been quite good ! Thank you very much BIS :yay:

Now if this issue : http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/4864 could be taken care of, I would be in heaven !

Because of the iron sights/optics misalignment in crouched position, I spend more time fighting against the gun sway than killing the opfor. Sometimes hitting your target in the crouched position is a real feat :D

I play without crosshair so it can be very annoying.

is this a bug? i had this the other night and it was very frustrating to say the least, i thought it was there because i was fatigued but apparently it is a bug. wow!

Edited by InFireBaptize

Maybe it's just me but after adding the last patch the AI seem to be a little more aggressive. The Mission I was on earlier I usually get wiped out after about 10-15 mins with the new patch it was 2-4 mins until I changed my approach.

Has anybody noticed that unit animations look totally awfull now when a unit disembarks out of a car about 100 m or more away from you ?

The disembarked driver teleports from one point to the other instead of seeing a smooth running animation.

Simply place a UAZ with a driver and yourself as a normal rifleman. Start shooting on the wheels until the unit disembarks and see what's happening.

If you are closer to the UAZ the animations look ok.

On the other hand... Infantry groups moving from one point to the other in about 200-300 m away from you look awesome now, fluent.

Xeno

Kudos Bohemia Interactive !!

I tested patch 59928 and arma2 now runs very good on my pc :yay: (Win7 64bit, Q6600, 4Gb ram, 285Gtx) This is the first beta patch I tested and I'm very impressed :)

Not sure if it's the latest beta or just a random (first time) glitch; I was running a listen server with a friend (as i often do), at one point the screen kept rebuilding. The map, the menu's, everything kept flashing suddenly. I had to quit ARMA2. After restart it was ok again.

Also i noticed frequent warping lag which i never have. My friend was often lagging.

The mission was Cypher btw.

beta patch 59928 just got released. Nice wave of beta patches. :)

Indeed.

But we, old timers, knew that this was going to happen sooner or later.

They would fix and optimize.

Thanks again BIS.

I love you BIS!

Performance went up insanely with these beta patches.

I haven't crashed in a game of 3,5 hours. That's a first!

Keep up the good work!

Great News!Can´t wait to test the new Beta because i got the 8GB RAM

Problem also.But have to go to Work first.:p

[59898] Fixed: Spatial explosions sounds

This really sounds good. Many will be happy if the explosions finally stays at their sources. :) Thank you BIS for working out the problems. You rock so damn hard guys.