Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

now never more than 25-27 on the same scene looking not at sky but on city or forest

so for me it is worse than 1.03 58899

Woooot:yay:

25-27 fps?

I wish I have these fps in MP in the smallest town:rolleyes:

Okay BIS. Time for some performance tweaks, huh?

I never get more than 15 fps in any town in MP (Chernarus). (Mostly between ~7-11 fps):mad: -- My PC is shown in the signature --

Tested with some Driver Versions and all settings and all tips&tricks I read in any ArmA 2 Forum.

Nothing helps! I don't tested the new Beta (when comes the new build?). I play actually with 1.04

(I think, but I'm not sure(do not want to test it again, because of new install and so on..), that it was much more fps with patch 1.02)

In SP with a small to medium Mission I always get >15fps up to 60fps. On same settings like in MP.

Don't know what's going on in MP, but this is definitly unplayable for me. I need at least minimum fps of about 15fps! (Not much, but this is the absolut minimum!)

Second:

Pleeease fix the AI driving skills! They can't drive. It's horrible to see them driving even with only three Vehicles in a group.:mad:

Edit: Does any dev look into this Thread? I have the feeling, no. I don't see any comment or answer or question for the last few pages....(will now look a "few" more pages back, maybe I find some...?)

Edited by Duke49th

Edit: Does any dev look into this Thread? I have the feeling, no. I don't see any comment or answer or question for the last few pages....(will now look a "few" more pages back, maybe I find some...?)

This may sound a bit creepy :D but I occasionally take a look at the list of users currently online and look for devs (Maruk, Suma, Ohara, Jennik, Armored Sheep etc.). When you look at their profile you can see what thread they are currently viewing. I can definitely confirm that they check out the beta forums occasionally. A while back one of them was actually posting about a new feature that had been introduced in a beta and was asking for feedback.

Like I said in the other thread, I think the betas are mainly a kind of early warning system for BIS. They create a small beta patch with new features/bugfixes, pour it into the "test-tube" and see if it explodes. If no one complains about something not working, they assume it's okay and move on.

Mindless Fanboy scheint wohl nicht nur ein simpler Titel zu sein, Du stalker, wah?:D

Thanks for the Info, MadDogX:)

I have been able to step up in resolution since the beta's (only last one is too heavy - something went wrong i think), but saying BIS has done nothing performance wise is ignorant.

More is needed and im sure they are working their asses off. We presented them with the "heavy" trees as well wich they said they will take a look at.

We presented them with the "heavy" trees as well wich they said they will take a look at.

If they take a look at those trees plus pretty much all buildings, performance should improve significantly. We know the main performance problems aren't with the engine but mostly with Chernarus (as other maps perform superbly). I'd love to see the end of FPS drops on Chernarus. :)

I'm also still hoping that they'll increase object draw distance or give us a slider to set object draw distance in addition to view distance. 2,5km would be fine for me as long as all objects are drawn out that far aswell.

Ok -- 59210 was only up for just a short time.

First time I had graphic problems with any beta - flickering .. then dark for few seconds, then light again ... then slowly again dark.

I install now the 59323 and hope it's done.

EDIT:

Cannot say for sure for it was too late for intensive testing, but the flickering seems gone again with Beta-patch 59323.

Edited by Herbal Influence

Woooot:yay:

25-27 fps?

I wish I have these fps in MP in the smallest town:rolleyes:

If your FPS is that bad then either something is badly messed up with your PC or you refuse to lower graphics settings for some reason. I had much better performance on a much weaker PC.

Edit: But then you only get that bad performance in MP, while it runs fine in SP? That's weird, could be some kind of bug then.

Edited by Maddmatt

I think he has the same problem as me, some ATI HD cards seems to simply dont like Arma 2.

I get bad fps pretty much irregardless of the settings.

When will this beta testing continue?

Hopefully when BIS have regenerated sufficient mana to cast "Lvl. 1.05 Patch of Awesome-Performanceness"! ;)

Is anyone noticing slightly better AI driving skills in the latest beta? I swear my AI have had some driving lessons!

I never get more than 15 fps in any town in MP (Chernarus). (Mostly between ~7-11 fps):mad:

What do you have your anti aliasing set to? Off, low, normal, high, very high? I have an ATI too and I can only get decent FPS on normal or below, I read Nvidia cards handle it better.

Btw who is the girl in your avatar picture?

Is anyone noticing slightly better AI driving skills in the latest beta? I swear my AI have had some driving lessons!

Seeing the amount of issues (mostly AI related) having as target version 1.05BETA on bugtracker i think next patch will be the first "true" patch for ArmA2.

Finger crossed ...

i think BIS is trying to get all the crucial in game bugs fixed first before they can start to do performance improvements.

i think BIS is trying to get all the crucial in game bugs fixed first before they can start to do performance improvements.

lol.

...and maybe a 'Christmas patch' too that has a snow version of the islands ?

Last beta had poor performance for many, 210 was the better one but still far off from being a performance patch unless they release a series of patches that cripple the game more then undo it with a 'performance' patch ?

Still, happy to beta test the next patch when it comes.

Seeing the amount of issues (mostly AI related) having as target version 1.05BETA on bugtracker i think next patch will be the first "true" patch for ArmA2.

Finger crossed ...

Hopefully we will get the Ai spotting and engagement ranges improved, not dumped down like in 1.03+

I think he has the same problem as me, some ATI HD cards seems to simply dont like Arma 2.

I get bad fps pretty much irregardless of the settings.

In ArmA 1 I have good performance. And in all other Games it is how it should with my hardware.

It is only in MP.

And it is the buildings. The drops are only when there are a few buildings. In the middle of a forest, i have much higher fps.

@Madmatt: It doesn't matter if the settings are ultra low or ~medium (like I have it)

Its not just the building but orange bushes and trees as well. This is a fact. If they were to optimize those two things we would be golden.... extra 5 to 10 fps easy

Ok so where is the [TOS violation] patch?? :391: We need some :exclamation:performance improvements :exclamation: :mad:

considering it's been a while I'd make a guess that next patch is a big one... and a very difficult one at that...

My other guess is they will finalize the 104 beta into 105 and 105beta will be the holy grail of arma2 (106)

Problem with performance IMHO lies in default Chernarus map that streams from HD. Please try out other islands that have much better performance and optimizations.

My personal opinion is: There is little chance to increase performance without decreasing things we love at Arma2. It is CPU-demanding not for no reason. Instead of blaming BI for no-performance-optimization I would recommend to really get into the game to learn what this game all is about and what it indeed offers - you would then automatically stop from comparing it to other games that "run so smooth".

And a link that discusses whether it *CAN* be "optimized" or is already optimized:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=88095

And there are things you can do yourself, like here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1464601#post1464601