Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

I agree, one thread per release and EVERY change logged. Even if they are unlikely to make it into the final patch you can always remove it from the changelog later.

Create a new thread - is that a problem?

Not every revision contains useful information or a complete change.

What BI hands out, is the relevant to end users change log - makes sense eh?

PS: Broken stuff unintentionally is not counted ofc. ;)

Create a new thread - is that a problem?

Would think that it wouldn't take too long before a mod comes along with the proverbial "thread merged" .....:p

I'd suggest the first to post after each new patch adds a "Build XXXX.XXX Posted - Please report on this release only from here down." It's good to be able to read the entire history in a single thread IMO.

I agree, one thread per release and EVERY change logged. Even if they are unlikely to make it into the final patch you can always remove it from the changelog later.

EVERY change logged might be a bit unneccesary.. maybe it would be nice to have some general idea as to what we should be testing if other things have changed, i.e. maybe someone on the team could tell us "test AI driving" etcetc

About AI walking through fences, it doesnt entirely fixed. Whem I'm the squad leader, and walk over fence, my AI decided to walk through it. But if with AI squad leader, they will go around it, but never walk through it.

The AI really need to learn to climb over obstacles :D

Can anyone test if AI still spawns (radius option or UPS script) inside of rocks and actually comes to hide in them? Its very funny to be on OPFOR "Not present" MP Coop mission and find out that AI is hiding in a solid rock stone ;)

Talking about the thread: I think it's much better to open a "closed" thread wich has all the changelogs of the beta-patches. Only moderators can update this thread with new logs

Although a climb fence anim would be nice, I'd much rather have AI that can magically walk through fences than the stuck AI nightmare of Arma1.

This will be post #1034 in this thread. The thread system in this forums software is not the most user friendly for the users (although it might be for the moderators). Some forum software (UBB threads 7.4.1 at least) allows users to follow threads via cookies. Meaning when you click a thread you will jump to last page and post you last read on that thread. Trying to maintain thread awareness with this software is a nightmare for the end user, unless you know something I don't :)

So, I'm at 26 pages now this thread with my setup. I gave up on betas long time ago due to this. It's impossible to try to read everything. I really can't have Opera with 100 active tabs just to keep current in the threads I read. And I can't make notes on which page I was for each thread I read.

I vote yes to more threads instead of collecting everything into large ones that will quickly become lost in the amount.

Please PM me if you know something I can do on my end to make it more easier to live with as a user.

Hmm, you know that you can go to the first unread post in a thread by clicking the little blueish arrow icon in front of the thread title?

(Add: And you can of course subscribe to a thread so you get a message if there are new posts.)

Edited by =WFL= Sgt Bilko

Flying over the sea drags my performance down heavily in the latest patch - but no patch before it.
59323 same issue. FPS drops much more noticeably over sea and over major cities, Berezino and Chernogorsk in particular.

P

59323 same issue. FPS drops much more noticeably over sea and over major cities, Berezino and Chernogorsk in particular.

Yes and I'm back to using 59210 due to this.

/KC

Yes and I'm back to using 59210 due to this.

/KC

I rolled back as well. Hope BIS figure out what it is.

don't think theres been a beta this week, has there?

59323 is the first Beta i haven't used, To much drag on or near the water.

59210 is a keeper

Its coming. Let them find some problems and fix them instead of pumping out beta's with almost no changes.

Easy. ;)

Its coming. Let them find some problems and fix them instead of pumping out beta's with almost no changes.

Easy. ;)

I'm just waiting until they optimize this game.

We play hours on end and dont notice any bugs or other problems. Remember this game is huge and you can avoid certain things through mission design. The game is huge and can be played in many many ways.

There are problems and they are being taken care of in the beta's. However they dont keep you from having an awesome gaming time unless you actively seek them out.

59323 less FPS than i had on 1.03 58899

the same test scene -2, -3 FPS

on 1.03 58899 i had variation 21 to 29 FPS , now never more than 25-27 on the same scene looking not at sky but on city or forest

so for me it is worse than 1.03 58899

210 works best for me, 323 had a very negative effect on performance.

I thought a performance patch was in the works or is this still a pipe dream ?

We play hours on end and dont notice any bugs or other problems. Remember this game is huge and you can avoid certain things through mission design. The game is huge and can be played in many many ways.

There are problems and they are being taken care of in the beta's. However they dont keep you from having an awesome gaming time unless you actively seek them out.

Exactly...:cool:

BIS_ALICE_fnc_civilianSet - Dont Work or im to stupid (error recived)

LASERDESIGNATOR on UAV - Dont work > plane ; camera should be lockable.

MARTA module - Is it really soo hard to add ...

//--- Group descriptions are planned for patch 1.06 ;)
_icontext = "";

Im sure its a joke, but why wouldnt we use ingame official scripts for MP missions to track units with groupnames on markers?!

1.Car damage needs little tweak. Im sure its possible in patch. Now cars start to burn after shoot in palivo selection (fueltank), if selection damage is more than 0.9, car recives damage 1 instantly and starts burning. I run some tests with dammaged EH, and in combination with engine selection there is some realy hardcoredamagegoingon... Eaven if car damage is less than 0.4 car gets destroyed ?!?! But I dont mind if cars start burning because of fueltank shoot. But make them burn for 10 to 20 seconds before it recives damage 1. So you as a driver or pasanger can escape. BTW... secondaries should be removed from cars if there is no explosive cargo in them (for that last, all what would need is a couple of more lines in killed.sqf script)

2.On veteran and expert mode we still can not see that laserdesignator is On or Off. It would simply be enaugh ( player groupchat " Laser ON or OFF")

3. AT remote control rockets still work only to 1500m. + check rocket speeds. It will need some config tweak but with formula is quite easy. Some rockets now are way to fast. Another problem is to much smoke on launch. Sheet you cant see nothing... Sorry for word but thats the way it is. Rockets from M72 and T90 tanks are useles on vet. and expert mode now.

4. Try to instal proper optic on Javelin and Metis launcher. Its time ...

5. SPG 9 is a rocket launcher. But now we hear wiiiizzzz instead of BOOM on start. Rocket reaches supersonic speed just in front of barell. A lot of launchers wich arent guided are BOOM fast on start. Its like you hear explosion infront of you... piiii in your ears you know :D

6. Gun dispersion on Shilka, Tanguska, AH1 gun and some more i can find needs config tweak too. Now is like you are shooting with laser on trayectory. If the problem is engine wich can only handle one bullet each frame, and thats why you dont make 4 barells shoot for some guns, simply make dispersion as close as dispersion in RL to recive bigger hit area.

*7*. Game runs fine on my 2 years old PC. No problems whatsoever. Didnt had single crash. Latest beta runs teh same like all others and final patches. I bet it depends from what parts PC is build together. If I forgot to mention myne is from space ;)

Continue good work.

Now cars start to burn after shoot in palivo selection (fueltank), if selection damage is more than 0.9, car recives damage 1 instantly and starts burning.

Agree. f.e UAZ hit with machinegun brew up and burn. there should be some explosion first.

ACOG sight (vehicle guns as well) should be fit to the screen :exclamation: :banghead::

arma2acog.jpg

Agree also with points 3 (rockets are too fast) and 4 (see Javelin from OFP2 or even CoD4/Americas Army 2.8 - they are much more realistic in that point - shame for ArmAII). and still waiting for some performance improvements (no im not gonna buy a new machine :P).

Edited by funkee

It's been a while now so expecting something interesting. Hopefully we won't just get

[xxxxxx] Fixed: darker shade of green for leaf on tree near Zelenogorsk