Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Can anyone recommend a software for measuring FPS in Arma2? Id like to try it but have no experience whatsoever...:o) I am especially keen on measuring it with the beta patches. Thx!

This little addon will help: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6171

Also you can use FRAPS which takes screenshots, movies, and can show FPS

Hmm, err, why doesn't the build log follow the build numbers?

Great Job BI !

Sorry I didn't have the time searching for bugs! ;-))

The whole evening ... we had to defend Novy Sabor etc. with about a thirty people against enemy (about a 30 people too) ! ;-)

Great fun & exciting !

There's gotta be some changes that aren't in the notes, as of build 58932 my settings can go so much higher now without any major impact.

Also, I noticed I have to set PProcessing to disabled and back in order to get it working after each launch.

Hmm, err, why doesn't the build log follow the build numbers?

I'm guessing not all builds get released.

I have a better FPS in Elektrozavodsk while flying in plane/chopper. Iv'e got 15-20, now its 20-28, so it's good improvement for me :) All setting on normal, Shadows Normal, AA Low, Post Low, VD 3 km.

Waiting for more :)

Also sometimes when i have my rifle lowered while crouched,when i hit the raise weapon button i stand up instead of raising my gun.[very bad results when snipers are around]

getting exatly the same problem since 1.02, but it happens every time I try to raise my weapon (got it bound on a left shift button).

:exclamation: --> BIS please fix this out<-- :exclamation:

Edited by funkee

never mind

Edited by zeep

getting exatly the same problem since 1.02, but it happens every time I try to raise my weapon (got it bound on a left shift button).

I noticed this as well, so I just use fire (i.e. LMB) to raise my weapon as a workaround. Just gotta remember whether your weapon is raised or not, unless you like shooting randomly.

I still get the bug when I mount a chopper (UH-1 with Maddox), the minigun has a fire coming out of its barrel even though nobodys shooting it.

Only when I really shoot the minigun, the texture dissappears.

I get the gun sounds cutting out when other players fire with latest beta build.

I still get the bug when I mount a chopper (UH-1 with Maddox), the minigun has a fire coming out of its barrel even though nobodys shooting it.

Only when I really shoot the minigun, the texture dissappears.

I remember this from A1. It is still in the most recent A1 version if memory serves me right.

[58943] New: Added mouse smoothing to game options

Cant wait to try this, downloading now... :)

Thanks BIS.

Never had smoothing problems before so this is a meh fix. However for those that need it give feedback.

Yet another beta out, I hadn't even gotten around to installing 58932 yet! Not that I'm complaining. :)

I haven't actually noticed any difference regarding the mouse smoothing, the mouse control was fine with the defaults before the betas, and has been fine during them as well using the defaults. Interesting how much such a seemingly simple thing can vary between computers.

:exclamation: --> BIS please fix this out<-- :exclamation:

How about checking your key binds first?

trying out the latest beta. It's nice to have mouse smoothing options ingame...

But still... there should be some other way for BIS to get to the mouse lag problem. This is the only game I have ever had this problem.

By setting mouse smoothing I can now choose between rubbery, really slow mouse lag or skippy stuttering mouse movement. There is just no way to set it working fine. There must be some serious low level problem with how Arma2 reads the input from the mouse.

Have they disabled the triple buffering yet?

And most of all...

Have the deserted the mouse problem now, thinking it's solved with the mouse smoothing option?

For me the game moves between really bad control and completely unplayable...

trying out the latest beta. It's nice to have mouse smoothing options ingame...

But still... there should be some other way for BIS to get to the mouse lag problem. This is the only game I have ever had this problem.

By setting mouse smoothing I can now choose between rubbery, really slow mouse lag or skippy stuttering mouse movement. There is just no way to set it working fine. There must be some serious low level problem with how Arma2 reads the input from the mouse.

Have they disabled the triple buffering yet?

And most of all...

Have the deserted the mouse problem now, thinking it's solved with the mouse smoothing option?

For me the game moves between really bad control and completely unplayable...

the only way to disable tribuff is to disable Vysnc, cant have DB or Trib with out it. Seems to be a rare group with the issue now

I was hoping they would stay with the values. Is it only ON/OFF now? For me if its "proper ON" then it will be good for me and those that worked best with "ON". But then others will have problems. The previous build with values made me stop at "10" and it was ok. Not perfect, but good enough.

Will test this new one and see.

Alex

the new beta caused a keyboard lag, i want my keyboard smoothing option in game now. what's with the mouse lag? lower your settings, do a drive clean for your ati/nvidia, sheesh! are you using a mouse that works on diesel?

The mousesmoothing at 0 fixes one of the cause for mouselag in ArmA2.

The second issue is forced Vsync with TrippleBuffering. At 60fps, mouselag isnt quite the issue. But when fps drops (wich you can be certain it does in this game), due to timing with frames, you WILL encounter input lag due to the delays caused by the Vsync.

You may also not want to forget the fact that tripplebuffer takes up more video memory aswell - wich might mean performance drops when you run out of vidmem.

An ingame option for Vsync on/off is a wanted and elegant fix - and honestly i expected this to be added to the game a long time ago. Any Dev care to comment?

the new beta caused a keyboard lag, i want my keyboard smoothing option in game now. what's with the mouse lag? lower your settings, do a drive clean for your ati/nvidia, sheesh! are you using a mouse that works on diesel?

Everything is clean... Didn't have this problem on my slower processor though.. Now I'm on a Q9550 and have massive mouse lag... And no.. I do not want to play on 800x640 with everything on Very Low when I get good FPS on high settings. It's just the mouse that is messed up.

I'll try switching to Win 7 soon and hope that the problem will magically disappear. Just as it magically appeared in the first place.