Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Seems muzzle smoke disapear when zooming. Anyone else notice? Put out a WARFARE MG NEST and zoom when you have a lot of smoke. Also noticed as gunner in a HMV. In the HMV there is some little smoke while zooming, but as soon you stop zooming its much more.

Now i know about "normal smoke" such from smoke nades etc that it will scatter while zooming close enough - but this seems to be another thing. Looks weird as it just goes POFF gone while zooming.

Stuff needed:

-add mouse smoothing slider/checkbox to game options

-consistent crosshair for grenades, grenades and smoke grenades have different crosshair

-make satchel charge crosshair green, it's currently white

-make AI in static and vehicle-mounted machine guns less accurate, they're like snipers

Looking forward to 1.04!

Would love to have the Crosshair of the Black-Hawk Miniguns removed.

For example it's very annyoing to fly a Black hawk and you see these big green bastards of crosshairs gliding through your view and destroying the atmosphere if the gunner aims it towards front of helicopter.

Bug "AI firing with machineguns at tanks (armoured vehicles)"

seen with T72, T90 and other vehicles:

> AI are using commanders mg or machineguns against armoured tanks (Abrams).

> AI should primarly engage tanks with main canon (SABOT, HEAT etc) and missiles.

> Place some units of each side and watch the combat (maybe place yourself as driver to use the 3rd person view in close distance)

Seems to me that AI commander/gunner are switching their weapons and ammo too fast. Is it possible to improve the AI knowldege of weapon+ammo usage?

Bug "manual fire doesnt override AI control"

> AI changes + fire weapon/ammo - regardless what the player choose

> AI should only report contacts

> place ground + air vehicles (yourself as pilot, commander) and start engaging targets with and without manual fire

Bug "M1A2TUSK loader is permanent outside/ in danger"

> should be able to turn out and turn in like the other crewmembers

Feature "add numbers into sliders"

> there are only imprecise sliders eg. Options, Editor - Unit skills etc

> add numbers into the slider eg 0.85

Hope that BIS will find a good solution for drawdistance of objects, vehicles (all) and units. What about adding a extra drawdistance and fade option/slider so people can figure out what's the best setting for themselves + their hardware?

Latest version 58899 is out but changelog doesn't highlight any changes after 58872.

What is different?

P

ps mouseSmoothing=0 working fine with my Razer Lachesis @ 2000/3000/4000 dpi with mouseSensitivity=0.2 (lowest setting I can get in game options - can you set lower in the config file and get it to work?)

Edited by Lt_Darkman

We played a few hours of the COOP campaign today with the latest beta and I have to say the Manhattan mission played a lot better than before.

For example the commanders actually talked to us and most of the scripts worked properly.

Seems they have done a bit of work in that area but still quite a few bugs preventing us from playing on.

i like the new beta (build 58899) so far. its going in the right direction. however, I'd like to change some things:

- improve game performance

- set "mouseSmoothing=0" as default; more improvements to remove mouse lag completely

- remove choppers miniguns crosshair

- improve grenades ussage (they are almost useless now and nobody use them); separate switching to grenades from switching weapon fire mode

- add rate of fire toggle animation (like in America's Army 3: clip)

- add gloves for all classes. naked palms looks ugly and unrealistic

- muzzle flash at night looks horrible

- fix spectator camera in armory

- improve MP5 optics and M4 EOTEH model

- improve A10 gun sound

- fix M16ACOG optics (i hope its not supposed to look like this):

arma220090829185050472.jpg

Edited by funkee

Patch 1.04 is supposed to bring 1) mouse lag fixes and 2) performance improvements.

I've never had problems with the mouse, but it seems they have done a lot of work in that area which is good for those who had problems.

But after playing for a few hours today with the latest patch (and few hours on previous patches) I have to say that the performance has not improved much.

Yapa

As somebody mentioned before - the awareness of NPC from insane level in 1.02 went to sleep / blind mode in 1.03 - I hope it will be addressed because now I feel like RAMBO - cannot remember when I died recently as trooper and basically I do not need my squad any more - I can do all the job myself as enemy is just standing and waiting to be killed and does not react when I shoot to them from a distance or at best go prone but never ever return fire (when I am at distance).

I play mostly SP custom made missions which I download here and last 3 of them I finished with first attempt and 2 of those last 3 I ordered my squad to stay put on insertion point, because they where not needed - I could just do it alone.

uhh almost forgot - unbelievable good game, exceptional peace of software, keep up good work guys.

Edited by sebna

Patch 1.04 is supposed to bring 1) mouse lag fixes and 2) performance improvements.

I've never had problems with the mouse, but it seems they have done a lot of work in that area which is good for those who had problems.

But after playing for a few hours today with the latest patch (and few hours on previous patches) I have to say that the performance has not improved much.

Yapa

I don't think they've worked on performance yet, nothing in the changelog says so.

Not sure this is the right spot for beta comments but Ill post anyways. When I loaded up 8834 I noticed a significant performance GAIN with my 9800gx2. In fact performance was so good I was able to crank everything up to very high at 4000m and still get acceptable performance. Stunning graphics. when I moved to 8879 performance went into the tank. Lots of studdering when flying and items popping into graphics. It was so bad I went back to 8834 and all is well. Something is seriously wrong with 8879 and I wouldnt recommend it. Havent tried this new build yet 8899 but didnt see what had changed in the changelog.

It's great to have more than 2 mission parameters now! :) Thanks! Double thanks for maintaining downward compatibility for missions with the classic two parameters! :yay:

I don't think they've worked on performance yet, nothing in the changelog says so.
lots of build#s missing...could be stuff for performance ect..

I feel the latest patches are about the same performance - maybe bit better in the latest. However i play 58834 since the mouse is shit in the later ones.

Was about to do some testing but are there any changes apart from the mouse in 58899? I noticed the muzzle smoke in many areas disapear when zooming, and using the ACM over and over (same mission everytime) spawns very little enemies. When i play 58834 its enemies all over (frequency set to 1 - full force). Maybe its just random and i was unlucky everytime? No idea.

Will test more. But BIS please try to get mouseSmooth=ON in there somehow. Unplayable otherwise im afraid. Also check the sounds that wont stay with the source when we turn our heads. Not a problem on my pc only. Got confirmation from the top soundmodders as well wich runs the latest soundcards.

Alex

The tank computer rangefinder does work, but instead of altering the elevation of the gun to match range at the center of the crosshair, it raises the sight with the cannon the appropriate amount. Just aims high for you, so you don't have to. The crosshair is still not on center. I noticed the motorcycle looping sounds have been tweaked, and no longer repeat. You're going in the right direction. Thank you.

We played a few hours of the COOP campaign today with the latest beta and I have to say the Manhattan mission played a lot better than before.

For example the commanders actually talked to us and most of the scripts worked properly.

Seems they have done a bit of work in that area but still quite a few bugs preventing us from playing on.

How many of you were playing? I'm not on the beta patch, but the moment a third person joined me and my friend in Manhattan everything became really badly desynchronised. We weren't seeing bad guys that the host was seeing, and got killed in "invisible" firefights.

i like the new beta (build 58899) so far. its going in the good direction. however, I'd like to change some things:

- improve game performance

- set "mouseSmoothing=0" as default; more improvements to remove mouse lag completely

- remove choppers miniguns crosshair

- improve grenades ussage (they are almost useless now and nobody use them); separate switching to grenades from switching weapon fire mode

- add rate of fire toggle animation (like in America's Army 3: clip)

- add gloves for all classes. naked palms looks ugly and unrealistic

- muzzle flash at night looks horrible

- fix spectator camera in armory

- improve MP5 optics and M4 EOTEH model

- improve A10 gun sound

- fix M16ACOG optics (i hope its not supposed to look like this):

set "mouseSmoothing=0" as default is a no go for most people who wanted mouse smoothing

add rate of fire toggle animation might need a overhaul of the engine and i personally find that not worth the time to do so, it might give a game good looking but what for

cant quite understand whats your meaning of MP5 optics and M4 EOTEH improvement but if you are talking about free floating sight like real life one then this would need BI to fix the bugs related to the way its been done first

finally ACOG are as such because of the display ratio, and i dare to say it will look even more ugly if they use the complete circle FOV at the center of a 16:9 display

Just ran a Secops/ambient combat patrol with some mates. Besides an on-edge suspense ride, I noticed both we and the enemy could hide better from each other. So well that we ambushed a convoy in a commandeered BMP-3 stationed on the far side of a small building. The shed was about a foot larger than the IFV, and yet the convoy passed on by without a hitch. A short while down the road (~15 sec of visibility to the rear) they stopped and started disembarking. That's when we opened up. (Great) Game over. If you are still tweaking the AI sensitivity BIS, a bit more wouldn't hurt, I know it's hard to balance.

You know ... i HAVE noticed the AI semi-visible (like they have sunk into the ground) at mid to far distances. Perhaps this is how BIS are going to code the 'AI can see into grass' issue.

If thats how they do it, and it works, then superb !

I noticed the motorcycle looping sounds have been tweaked, and no longer repeat. You're going in the right direction. Thank you.

But it still doing that "brooom" sound every time you accelerate, even if you just let go for a sec and then accelerate again. It should only play the "brooom" sound when accelerating from a standstill.

...i play 58834 since the mouse is shit in the later ones. (...) But BIS please try to get mouseSmooth=ON in there somehow. Unplayable otherwise im afraid.

fortunately, you are the only one arround the forums, want keep the mousesmoothing ON.

fortunately, you are the only one arround the forums, want keep the mousesmoothing ON.
What sort of comment is that? MOST ppl have been playing the game since 1.01 without a problem with the mouse (me included) as can be seen by the small amount of post on the subject in the forums. So why introduce a problem for the rest of us that would require us to fiddle with the settings to bring it back to normal? It makes more sense that it be a setting to be adjusted by those that actually experience the problem doesn't it? I do feel sorry for those that experience the problem and I hope BI can come up with a fix that doesn't require any of us to change config files to get the game running properly but please don't penalize the the majority for the vocal minority - don't forget most people playing the game never even come to these forums and would have no clue how to make any adjustments.