Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Yes it's nice to know that for the few minutes I can place this game my mouse won't lag.

Woa easy there capadre, we're your friends out here, let the devs decide what issues are more important over another.

It seems the changes for the new 58899 beta patch are hidden at the bottom of the readme file. A new way of setting up and passing parameters to missions.

How to add multiple parameters to your MP mission

- to your description.ext add following class

class Params
{
class Score
{
	title = "$STR_mp_param_score";
	values[] = {10,200};
	texts[] = {"10","200"};
	default = 10;
};
class Duration
{
	title = "$STR_mp_param_duration";
	values[] = {1,2};
	texts[] = {"one hour","two hours"};
	default = 1;
};

etc. .....

}

- old style of parametrs definiton can be still used

How to use multiple parameters in your MP mission:

- values can be read from new variable paramsArray

- variables param1 and param2 are still present

- if param1 and param2 are defined, they can be read from paramsArray[0] and paramsArray[1] as well

I installed the beta last night and played for a few hours.

It ran perfectly until I got to Cherno and then I had texture loading nightmare.

I couldn't even hardly move it was so bad. Like a CPU test on 3D mark or something.

I haven't had issues like this before.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and give it another shot today hopefully. Maybe it was something on my end.

Use text editor and add this text in your player profile file found in documents folder. Default value is mouseSmoothing=30; The values can be from 0 to aprox 200. The higher value the more filtering in higher mouse speeds.

I would like to add, that this command "mouseSmoothing=...;" should be added to the config file by default. set to 0 really helps, but movement and performance are still very bad.

so if u guys want the mouse lag decreased, you have to go Documents and Settings\your_profile\ArmA2\my_documents\ArmA2\your_profile.ArmA2Profile, edit this file with a notepad and add line "mouseSmoothing=x;" where x = 0

edit:

on Vista X64 game runs much better for me than on Windows XP and mouse lag is almost gone with mousesmoothing=0 :D

finally!

Edited by funkee

Please can we have the correct LOG 58899 NOT the identic 58879

It would help us. What's news between 58872 and 58899 ?

u can not longer command Razer Team after loading a coop campaign savegame.

arma22009-08-2719-52-0s1fa.jpg

Please can we have the correct LOG 58899 NOT the identic 58879

It would help us. What's news between 58872 and 58899 ?

if you download the patch, in the archive is the updated change log

if you download the patch, in the archive is the updated change log

Changelog hasn't changed since the last beta patch, that means the one in the archive too :)

So we can only guess what has changed.

Xeno

>f you download the patch, in the archive is the updated change log

Err, no it's not- it only includes changes up to 58872 (previous build was 58879)

Hi I have been away for a month and last night i installed patch 1.03 and the beta build 1.03.58897. The performance is a little bit better but I noticed some weird things with the AI. They move better than before but they now have a very hard time detecting and engaging targets.

Now they do not detect enemies in front of them on the runway in plane site until too close. Moreover riflemen don't seem to fire on enemy units until within the 300 meter range and they fire too few shots at that.

I play at veteran with 1.0 skill for enemy and friendly. I tested with personal and community made missions that were available since v1.01 and the engagements happen at a later times in the mission and with less intensity than it used to be.

looking at the change logs i realize that this is an issue that is probably due to patch 1.03 rather than the betas but i wished to bring it to the devs attention to be addressed in the betas. Hoping that 1.02 detection and engagement levels restored.

In the meantime would somebody tell me if there is a manual way to modify the detection and engagement ranges ?? the cfg only have precision and skill parameters :confused: :o

Just a question:

What was wrong with the previous beta's MouseSmooth ON/OFF? Seemed to me that it pleased both camps. So it feels like it would be better to spend time on other issues like sounds that "stick", getting the sound engine to play more sounds at the same time etc. Im sure you work on performance and bugs, but the sound issues get very little "buzz", but they are IMO serious issues. Especially the sticking sounds that confuses you on the battlefield. You hear a sound - turn to see where it is, and its just not there. Because the sound follows as you turn instead of being tied to its source. Would be nice to know if it's even looked into as this one lowers the quality of the product. I reported it everywhere and bitch about it a lot so it gets attention, and i know you can fix it. :)

So anyway, the MouseSmooth values seems like a nice idea, but i havent managed to get it to the same feeling as before. Im getting close, but i havent found the same as MouseSmooth=ON wich felt better. So why not just leave it at ON/OFF and make a button for it in game, and move on?

Keep up the good work BIS.

Alex

After some more testing, I have to agree with Alex and I am asking the same question:
So why not just leave it at ON/OFF and make a button for it in game, and move on?

I think that patch to patch the game feels smoother.But still there are a lot work to do BIS.

Hi I have been away for a month and last night i installed patch 1.03 and the beta build 1.03.58897. The performance is a little bit better but I noticed some weird things with the AI. They move better than before but they now have a very hard time detecting and engaging targets.

Now they do not detect enemies in front of them on the runway in plane site until too close. Moreover riflemen don't seem to fire on enemy units until within the 300 meter range and they fire too few shots at that.

I play at veteran with 1.0 skill for enemy and friendly. I tested with personal and community made missions that were available since v1.01 and the engagements happen at a later times in the mission and with less intensity than it used to be.

looking at the change logs i realize that this is an issue that is probably due to patch 1.03 rather than the betas but i wished to bring it to the devs attention to be addressed in the betas. Hoping that 1.02 detection and engagement levels restored.

In the meantime would somebody tell me if there is a manual way to modify the detection and engagement ranges ?? the cfg only have precision and skill parameters :confused: :o

With patch 1.03 sensitivity and sensitivityEar where abruptly lowered, so since that patch AI tends to act as a bit "blind and deaf" under some circumstances. There's no easy solution, you have to manually edit or restore at least characters.pbo and characters2.pbo to tweak those parameters, as well as other config pbos (can't remember which ones).

Unless I'm blind (ok so I'm half way there) the update notes haven't been updated - Therefore we've no idea what's been fixed/added to the latest beta patch.

Have I missed something?

Unless I'm blind (ok so I'm half way there) the update notes haven't been updated - Therefore we've no idea what's been fixed/added to the latest beta patch.

Have I missed something?

At the bottom of the patch readme:

How to add multiple parameters to your MP mission:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- to your description.ext add following class

class Params

{

class Score

{

title = "$STR_mp_param_score";

values[] = {10,200};

texts[] = {"10","200"};

default = 10;

};

class Duration

{

title = "$STR_mp_param_duration";

values[] = {1,2};

texts[] = {"one hour","two hours"};

default = 1;

};

etc. .....

}

- old style of parametrs definiton can be still used

How to use multiple parameters in your MP mission:

- values can be read from new variable paramsArray

- variables param1 and param2 are still present

- if param1 and param2 are defined, they can be read from paramsArray[0] and paramsArray[1] as well

Also the shortcut the beta patch creates now correctly loads the beta modfolder.

Other changes were probably too minor to include in the log :)

With patch 1.03 sensitivity and sensitivityEar where abruptly lowered, so since that patch AI tends to act as a bit "blind and deaf" under some circumstances. There's no easy solution, you have to manually edit or restore at least characters.pbo and characters2.pbo to tweak those parameters, as well as other config pbos (can't remember which ones).

I understand that before 1.03 the AI had a sort of super hearing so tweaking sensitivityEar makes sense but the reduction of engagement ranges and visual detection is bad. I guess they were all lumped in one parameter.

IMO the benefits of normal hearing for the AI is in no way compensating for the negative effects that it introduced. detection is now back at ArmA1 levels. I say return to 1.02 levels or find a better solution.

Yeah Im not gonna upgrade to the new beta, I don't want to experience any more AI intelligence reductions...

After some more testing, I have to agree with Alex and I am asking the same question:

So why not just leave it at ON/OFF and make a button for it in game, and move on?

Well... for people with serious mouse lag, such as myself, with on/off you could only choose between mouse lag and heavy skipping, stuttering movement. So there was still no option that made the game playable. Now you can choose the amount of mouse lag/stuttering...

It's really good that they focus on this problem since it is a complete game killer for many, many players. The other performance issues are very annoying but it stills leaves you with the possibility to play the game.

They better do this thoroughly now than having to come back to it in every single patch. For the countless people that has this problem it is the top problem with the game... and those people (such as me) has to deal with all the other performance issues as well. But this is the only bug that makes the game completely unplayable all the time... the receiving bug, the FPS hits, texture problems and so on are problems that makes it hard to go through with a round and it is VERY annoying but the mouse lag problem doesn't even give you room to try... pressing exit and wait for BIS is the only option.

Edited by Tophe