Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Yeah it's a little thing to fix, no big deal but I keep saying it contributes to the authentic feeling. One bullet is still one bullet, that can make a difference ;)

I think the whole weapon simulation needs to be reworked a bit before things like chambered rounds are simulated...

I think the whole weapon simulation needs to be reworked a bit before things like chambered rounds are simulated...

for the record, all we need is to have an extra value in the weapon config to increase or decrease the muzzle velocity set in the mag config so that barrel lenght on different version of the same type of rifle really act differently, having dry/tactical reload(+1 ammo in the rifle when the last mag is not all fired) would be a nice plus but not 100% need, different things like reload anime for different rifle and others are not so improtant IMO

Something weird I notice in beta build, in badlands (maybe elsewhere too, haven't tested yet), the stereo sound localisation is screwed.

I must face the opposite direction (actually it's more 90 degrees) to hear dialogues and sounds...

Note : I have no sound mod active.

Anyone else notice that ?

Edited by EricM

Sound is screwed since day one im afraid. With sounds without a proper source etc. Sound follows your ear. The arc from the sounds that do stay at the source is too big. Things that it seems only i notice. No one seems to care. Score board not working properly is more important...

Anyway. Sorry got carried away - EricM: Is it when characters talk DIRECT talk you mean? Was going to test it to see if i get that too.

Alex

Yes, it's in direct mode. The intro speech, the CDF officer etc...

Going back to 1.03 standard to compare the differences...

EDIT : after some testing, it appears that it's only screwed when I'm using headphones. With standard speakers, it's not noticable. So it may be just my headphone...

Edited by EricM

Sound is screwed since day one im afraid. With sounds without a proper source etc. Sound follows your ear. The arc from the sounds that do stay at the source is too big. Things that it seems only i notice. No one seems to care....

I noticed and care. In a fast paced battle, turning often and quickly, I lose SA pretty easily. I turn toward the sound of a close threat, only to be reminded I can't track with the direction of sound when I move, but have to remember where the sound originated from and optically traverse to the right angle. Troublesome.

About the beta patch:

I've played some time now with the latest, and have to say good job BIS. I don't know what subtle things you've changed, many things that have added up though. The problem you may have is that these changes will go unnoticed because they are now seamless and wonderful. The complaints will simply go down. One thing in particular I appreciate is the AI awareness. I can now set up proper ambushes and have a chance that they'd work.

Is it only my feeling, or I am really able to do stealth missions with beta patch, when enemy do not magicaly reveals me after I attack with silenced weapons from darkness? Also, I am able to be stealthy in day too, they seems to be more confused, when you ambush them. It so cool. Surrendering looks better too somehow...god damn, am I dreaming or what?

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Scrub: I agree. AI awereness is better for me. I am so happy.

No your not dreaming, its BIS properly working their magic!

edit: Anyone know the sizes of these patches?

edit 2: Never mind, the size of the latest one was 23.7MB

Edited by Sniper Pilot

great patch. one bug or texture problem is the tree foliage has a lot of white dots/white noise moving around it. not apparent on ground just tree leaves/foliage.

[58815] Fixed: Enemy kills made by player using stolen enemy vehicle are no longer considered as friendly kills.

Only works if hosting. Tried on my dedicated server and you still get minus for enemy kills if using stolen enemy vehicle.

I should add that I used the beta as a mod folder in the shortcut for the 1.03 dedi server.

That's probably because the dedicated server EXE is still the old 1.03 one.

You should still be able to use the beta as a mod folder like arma did.

I tried all combos and no luck.

Has anyone gotten this to work on a dedicated server?

Everytime I try to install the beta patches it says my installation is corrupted or not there, however it is? Any suggestions?

Everytime I try to install the beta patches it says my installation is corrupted or not there, however it is? Any suggestions?

Check you don't already have the beta subfolder in your ArmA 2 directory. Delete it if it's there.

Otherwise you might need a re-install.

Hookay, Just got done playing a few hours on two patrols (singleplayer/my missions/new mission/patrol with secops on high) 30 seconds to make up, for myself or friends. Never a boring moment! And I keep forgetting about this feature. (!)

The AI is getting even more impressive, my guys were going after a target in a town, came under heavy fire, and -fell back- to cover. One even peeked around a corner, saw he was flanked, and pivoted to the other side of the corner to get cover from the flanker, no pause, no fidgeting, just getting the job done.

I've also noticed something, maybe it was always there, but I never have seen it.. The artillery now has contrails, not 'lazery' as.. another game with arty, but still noticeable and tastefully done.

Something about distant object drawing is better, can't put my finger on it, but it now reminds me more of OFP:RES. It's a good feeling where you look somewhere, or do something, and it'll be there or visible, and not limited as other games. Hard to define, it's just better I guess.

You should still be able to use the beta as a mod folder like arma did.

I tried all combos and no luck.

Has anyone gotten this to work on a dedicated server?

It'll only work for dedicated server if it's written into the game file (not mod file), that said, it could work if it's written into the map

smoke is still 2 seconds then its gone

but overal the AI is great i never see them things do like they do now

smoke is still 2 seconds then its gone

but overal the AI is great i never see them things do like they do now

Check your version number in the main menu to make sure you really have launched the game with the beta patch.

Because me and many other guys have reported that the smoke works now like it should. It lasts couple of minutes now.

damn I was hoping for an option in the options menu so it would be easier to switch between the two to figure out what I like more.

SG1 ftw.

(your avatar.)

Check your version number in the main menu to make sure you really have launched the game with the beta patch.

Because me and many other guys have reported that the smoke works now like it should. It lasts couple of minutes now.

thx for the heads up i start the normal lolz

The grenades are indeed fixed, it would not say they last for "minutes" but they do last at least 1 minute... over 50 seconds.

Yapa