Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Somebody else made allready a video:

[YOTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eul0b_5LX0&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eul0b_5LX0&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Xeno

Im getting this after new beta patch also.:confused:

Edited by Placebo

me too.

EDIT: though in Editor seems much better!

Edited by bravo 6

Thank you for feedback to the new mouse handling.

Until we figure out something better, mouse smoothing is optional and it is default on in the new build http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[58830] Mouse smoothing can be disabled in user profile file using line mouseSmoothing=0;

[58815] Fixed: Enemy kills made by player using stolen enemy vehicle are no longer considered as friendly kills.

you guys really dont read before posting dont you:confused:

as for the shuttering, it seems to be the classic 3d rendering problem which causes the shuttering, rendering simply cannot be catch up with the mouse movement, this i think cannot be fix untill BI start improve preformence

Edited by 4 IN 1

You never know... if it's a significant enough fix... maybe.

and suddenly:

Thank you for feedback to the new mouse handling.

Until we figure out something better, mouse smoothing is optional and it is default on in the new build http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

6th sense?! :eek:

Good to see the new build :)

Heya guys, for some reason I am not able to download the beta patch. I've clicked on the link to download it, and I've been waiting for it to start. I've restarted my browser (Firefox) and now it is showing me the Index of it. Any help would be greatly apreciated. I've no Firewall up, tried in IE, but not working.

Edited by Landmine

Yes... btw:

Bruce Willis was dead all along.

... Aw, you just ruined it for me :(

Anyone knows how to download this damn beta patch? When I click on the patch download or the log it simply says this page is not available with the following error:

Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown error.

Seems CHROME has some problem with your php code, I can successfully download the patch in IE8.....

Yapa

the thread title should be updated becasue the current version is: ARMA2_Build_58834.zip

Why I cant find option MouseSmoothing in arma2 profile? I have installed latest beta 58834.

In combination with MNX settings and setting my mouse sensitivity ingame to zero and putting my deadzone to almost max (75%) makes it more or less as it was before the mouse smooth remove. But it still feels slightly different. Maybe it is me, but especially the back iron sights and back side of model is noticable shacking at times.

@evilfury: It is in your username profile, not the arma2 profile.

Why I cant find option MouseSmoothing in arma2 profile? I have installed latest beta 58834.

It would seem it's something you have to add manually to your profile file... though I can't be sure (haven't been able to try yet).

Seems CHROME has some problem with your php code, I can successfully download the patch in IE8.....

Yapa

Nope, Chrome is simply incapable of handling ftp:// type of URL, like any other navigator can do.

It's probably been posted to google billions of time and nothing has changed so far

DaSquade: well, try the new beta patch. Mouse smoothing is there again and is default on. No more problems, just like before. :)

@evilfury: It is in your username profile, not the arma2 profile.

If I understand correcttly is located in arma 2 other profiles? Well I checked it and there is no such option.

If I understand correcttly is located in arma 2 other profiles? Well I checked it and there is no such option.

mine is here:

C:\Documents and Settings\bravo 6\My Documents\ArmA 2\bravo%206.ArmA2Profile

This is good advice... not just for this situation. :rolleyes:

Why would that be?

Chrome is still in beta, just like this ArmA2 patch :)... we are working on it and its very stable I think.

Hi Evil, add

mouseSmoothing=0;

to your .cfg file to turn it off in this build.

The line's not there by default, and yes you do have to include the semi-colon.

Cheers,

Hi Evil, add

mouseSmoothing=0;

to your .cfg file to turn it off in this build.

The line's not there by default, and yes you do have to include the semi-colon.

Cheers,

damn I was hoping for an option in the options menu so it would be easier to switch between the two to figure out what I like more.

Read through most of the pages in this thread and it seems to be all about the mouse lag issue and mouse smoothing....

I'm wondering if there have been any improvments in performance and in the COOP Campaign?

Hopefully get some time to try the beta patch tomorrow.

Yapa

damn I was hoping for an option in the options menu so it would be easier to switch between the two to figure out what I like more.

If this makes it into the final patch I'm sure it will. I just hope they will find a way to fix the mouselag without making it unplayable by stuttering.