Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

what version are the multiplayer servers currentley running the beta or the regular 1.3?

You can still connect to regular 1.03 servers if you are using the beta.

Damn. bring back mouse smoothing as an option! I can't aim for SHIT! It's jerky. It moves in increments! I would post a video but I am sure most of you know what I am talking about.

Back to the last patch for me.

Everything is fine in the BETA for me

I, like whisper and some more, like the new mouse settings even better. Aiming is more fun and (!) not unrealistic now!

Sure, there should be something done about the probs people seem to have with it.

But - people - you sure have an old mouse around somewhere?

Please try with that old mouse?

By the by: I do use a 10-Euro-mouse here ...

I have been reading through this thread and noticed from page 2 until now all you have done over and over again is whine about the mouse lag because it doesn't suit you, now I know it was a couple of pages ago since your last moan but when the build is updated again and your still not happy I imagine we will see more whining. Please just give it a rest, you have said your bit so move onto something else.

EDIT. HAHAHA i cannot believe it once again another comment, do you like the sound of your own typing?

And your problem with this is exactly what?

EDIT: People dont seem to understand so i will continue. Dont like it - dont read it. Couldnt care less.

Edited by Alex72

You have posted the same thing 8 or 9 times and your beginning to sound like a little kid who isn't getting his own way. The Dev's have definately seen what you have to say so move on to something else.

Read above you again.

I dont take orders from you either so give up the "move on" crap.

Read above you again.

I dont take orders from you either so give up the "move on" crap.

Do you honestly think BiS will work faster because of your whining. We all get how you feel. And i bet BiS gets it aswell. And to give your shit back to you aswell. BiS doesnt take orders from you nor does the writer above you. But we all agree with the writer above you.

thank Bis for the excellent patch its made the game alot more enjoyable now with the sound issue sorted, im able to turn my AA on to high and everything else on high with 50fps.

the mouse smothing issue is a little bit of a bugger, its a shame you decided to go with the majority of the community who has the mouse lag but still im sure you will see it in your heart to do the right thing.

Alex72 please stop spam every thread about this new beta.

Many people not only those with mouse lag "if this has solved their problem" enjoy that it's now turned off.

I do agree that BiS should add an ingame option to this like most fps do, but I think everyone here has understood your point, you're turning yourself ridiculous emphasizing how this ruined your unique game so give it a rest please..

Edited by dunedain

Hey Alex72,

Hey mouse laggers,

To all of you I wanna give some kind of explanations about what I know about mouse settings. I'm no boss I know that and maybe you all know these things but if it can help anyone then well, I'll be glad.

1st thing is to have windows mouse sensitivity set to 1. Means one mouse pixel move = one screen pixel move. To do so: Control Panel/Mouse/Pointer Options -> "Select the speed of the pointer" (sorry I'm translating it from FR version of Win7 x64 by the way). Now you got eleven little clicks to chose from. Make sure your select the sixth one from the left and obviously from the right too, it's the one in the middle and it corresponds to a sensitivity of one.

Now that the windows side of mouse detection is done let's move to the game part. Open your "xxx.arma2profile" file and scroll down to "mouseSensitivityX=x.xx; mouseSensitivityY=x.xx;" if you don't have these entries add them at the very bottom of your file, don't forget the ";" on the line above if you add it. These settings abviously control mouse sensitivity as seen from the game. I turn this to something like 1 or 1/2 (0.5) or 1/4 (0.25) because to me it seems that I get more mouse lag with a setting like 0.2927436572562935923. I can't explain why but I feel more mouse response time with this kind of setting. Maybe a division by 1, 2 or 4 is much quicker processed ? Nevermind it feels better.

Okay this beeing said there is one thing you should keep in mind. With an ingame sensitivity of 1/4 and a windows sensitivity of 1, your mouse has to move 4 pixels to any direction to get a move of 1 pixel in the game. If game was set to 1, then it would be 1 mouse pixel = 1 game pixel move. The for optimal precision setting is: set the game sensibility as low as possible and your mouse setting (DPI on the mouse if you can change it) as high as possible. Never touch windows mouse sensitivity.

Some more tweaks. You can overclock your usb port as well as your ps/2 port to get better response times from the mouse and keyboard. You can aswell turn of the mouse smoothing or any "enhance pointer precision" option in: Control Panel/Mouse/Pointer Options and in your mouse drivers. And last but not least any mouse acceleration setting must be disabled too. I'm thinking of the logitech driver for example. Disable all those fancy acceleration options which just try to create some things your mouse doesn't do, it's like smoothing. Smoothing turns some zigzaggy line into a straight line but you don't want this as you want to have 100% control over your moves.

Okay those were my 2 cents. Hope it helped, let me know if it did.

And thanks BIS for these beta patches, gonna install these sometime soon.

Id really like to know the cause of peoples mouse lag, Im running a G7 logitech in windows 7, I even have the "more accurate mouse" option whatever its called in the OS settings checked (which seems to be some kind of smoothing) and yet before beta and after things are no diff, its all fine and dandy, the beta version is if I dare say it alot more fluid and smoother for me..

This increment pixelfest mouse moving issue I read about for those that have it is very very odd indeed, and constitutes in my gaming/pc build and technical knowledge over the years screams system issues not game ones..

I dont mean as in people have crap systems, I mean as in they dont really know whats going on under the hood be it gfx/os/bios/tricks of the trade background settings... etc...

Albeit Arma has its issues and that does not help in detecting real issues elsewhere as one can not be sure if its "me", or "the game" type syndrome lol. Its hell for some but, how many I wonder who were ok before beta patch testing were working fine now is not?

Shame its not easier for those that had mouse issues and now dont compared to those that didnt and now do, can not discuss mouse hardware types and settings to see if there are any obvious standing out settings they all use or dont.

MNX: and why should we do all this tweaks ? I mean, its not a problem for me, I can, but the game should be playable anyway, without any tweaks, but I understand its only beta, hope they will make some new "mouse smooth slider" for those who want it.

I love that mouselagg is gone. I think most people who have problems because mouse smoothing is gone have a high... how it's called ? ^^ cursor-speed ?

Know what I mean, I always had my mouse to move slow because I wasn't accurate enough with it when it moved highspeed.

Best to try it out yourself =)

MNX: and why should we do all this tweaks ? I mean, its not a problem for me, I can, but the game should be playable anyway, without any tweaks, but I understand its only beta, hope they will make some new "mouse smooth slider" for those who want it.

These are not really tweaks just some kind of logic not having a mouse speed multiplied by 0.293752695 in windows and then by 2.937587435 in a game and then mouse acceleration and smoothing over it. Keep it tidy with 1x1x1xnofancypostprocessing and it can only be better.

Call is as you wish I call it logical settings.

Thanks a lot for the detailed guideline MNX, it's really appreciated. I'll give it a try when I get home.

There's still some sound issues:

When many soldiers (15+) fire at once, sound tends to turn off for certain characters.

Atleast the freaking disortion is completely gone...

There's still some sound issues:

When many soldiers (15+) fire at once, sound tends to turn off for certain characters.

Atleast the freaking disortion is completely gone...

YES! this is exactly what I'm talking about! so is this normal?

Well, i'm logitech MX1000 mouse user (second one...since it came out). Never had any mouse aiming issues and mouse lag. With the beta i have like many users, extreme jaggy respone.

I appreciate your effort MNX and i even followed all your steps, but nothing helps here on my side. Maybe it is just a logitech issue...

Anyway, unplayable atm with good FPS here.

-> Votes the 'mouse smooth/mouse non-smooth' option.

I'm sure for those who had the mouselag and are fine now, they know how the others feel now and a midway needs to be found by BIS.

*Proofs public beta's are a good thing. At least now we still have the option to play stock 1.03 and hope they find the midway before final.

It's not logitech, I've MX1000 too and zero issue with beta.

this is getting more and more weird oO

Thank you is it normal I cant spawn jets on it they fall threw.

This is not the correct place to discuss this.

Head over to the ArmA2: ME&S subforum. There you will find your answer.

It's not logitech, I've MX1000 too and zero issue with beta.

this is getting more and more weird oO

I don't have a logitech mouse, so it's not a logitech problem.

And I don't have the problem with vanilla 1.03 or previous patches. Just the beta causes it.

What's your aiming deadzone ? Mine is at zero.

Xeno

I have the same mouse problem.

It's strange that aiming inside the floating zone is silky smooth(even when I have the lowest DPI on my mouse and highest ingame sensitivity), but when I aim "outside" the floating zone (the whole soldier rotates) it starts to stutter. That leads me to conclusion that it is ArmA2 problem, not mouse or sensitivity problem. (but I might be wrong of course)

Changing to the highest DPI my mouse has (2000DPI) and reducing the ingame sensitivity helps to reduce the stutter but it's still there.

New beta build seems stable so far. Might just be me but it also seems to run slightly smoother. Aiming does feel slightly different (better), so that's good. Haven't noticed any bugs or major issues. I am using the Steam version too; works as promised.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

I have the same mouse problem.

It's strange that aiming inside the floating zone is silky smooth(even when I have the lowest DPI on my mouse and highest ingame sensitivity), but when I aim "outside" the floating zone (the whole soldier rotates) it starts to stutter. That leads me to conclusion that it is ArmA2 problem, not mouse or sensitivity problem. (but I might be wrong of course)

Changing to the highest DPI my mouse has (2000DPI) and reducing the ingame sensitivity helps to reduce the stutter but it's still there.

Do you have PP effects enabled? When you turn your whole body motion blur kicks in so it might just seem to stutter (according to devs motion blur should in theory actually improve FPS..?).