Sign in to follow this  
Heatseeker

Call of.. Juarez - bound in blood

I tried this COJ-BiB demo* yesterday and ordered this game as fast as i could.

HsaeuuLhdpw

If you are wondering how could noobisoft possibly come up with a good, original game.. they only published it, the game is developed by Techland (Chrome engine).

Im rather impressed by how nice it looks and how well it performs. The art, design and graphics are very impressive and the frame rates are insane.

It should be here tomorrow and im really looking forward to it.

Anyone tried it? :) .

*demo @ gamershell.

edit:

Chrome engine 4 tech video.

edN28Wsqs9Q

Pretty, open and smooth.

I read Techland plan to release the level editor for the PC version, i'd love to try it.

Edited by Heatseeker

A nice game indeed, the graphics are pretty good, the FPS is also decent.

However, the gameplay is too 'A la Call of Duty' oriented. There are some secondary missions which give you the opportunity to explore the maps but all in all, it's still too linear in my humble judgement.

Regards,

TB

First thing i did was downloading a no-crosshair mod. After that i really enjoyed it. :D

EDIT: By the way, is the older brother (Forgot his name already) the same guy as in the first CoJ but younger? They have some pretty similiar 'features'.

Edited by NeMeSiS

However, the gameplay is too 'A la Call of Duty' oriented.

Its just a traditional first person shooter, sure you can shoot acurately from the back of a horse (and its fun to do so) but the game is not too fast, you can only sprint forward and there are no automatic weapons. I think the gameplay is fun :) .

COD is soo overated...

By the way, is the older brother (Forgot his name already) the same guy as in the first CoJ but younger? They have some pretty similiar 'features'.

I only played the demo of the first COJ (didnt like it so much) and Ray is indeed reverend Ray, Bound in blood is a prequel to the first one.

I read about it on a gaming website and they gave 89% I think :)

Edited by kavoven

Fun game, but nothing to amazing imo.

Still worth playing though if your looking for a fun singleplayer shooter.

But yea the gameplay did remind me a littl eto much of COD (which I find extremely overrated).

In its defense though, the singleplayer is miles ahead of COD singleplayer. Just could have been more open-ended and been a little longer imo. Nice graphics though (:

I loved Call of Juarez (first part), great story told, wonderful music and setting music and great scenery of entire action. Since Outlaws (1997, LucasArts) there was no decent western FPP game to play. Actually I'm making some adjustments to my PC, as soon as I'm done with it I will definitely go for the new installment of Call of Juarez.

it seems really interesting. the idea is cool and the story too.

i like very much the second vid about the Chrome engine, this is very nice.

:)

The story is quite nice and the setting in the civil war is really fun.

The Gfx are great and it runs perfectly smooth on highest settings here. The scenery is really stunning at times.

The difficulty settings definately give you a really hard time when you play on the highest setting that is unlocked when finishing it for the first time. Arcade ends there. You´ll die more than you play.

AI is nice aswell. They don´t just run up to you, but make use of cover efficiently, duck, get on the floor, peak from corners and shoot really fast and precise.

The ambience of villages, towns and prairie is portrayed very nice and you can enter alot of buildings, even breaching through windows to get access to houses or entering them from the rooftops.

I also like the feature to throw lamps into buildings to smoke out the baddies.

A lot of the building exterior and interior is destructable, so if you face an enemy that is hiding on a balcony, why not just shoot his cover to pieces.

I had a playtime of about 10 hours to finish it first on medium difficulty and now I´m playing it again on superhard where the fun really starts.

The story is very speed-driven but you don´t always have to run after the objectives, instead you can explore the surrounding and troll around.

Later on there are free-roam parts where you can ride around, help settlers, clear farms, hunt cattle-thiefs, snipe some bandits from rocks and collect some goodies before you proceed with your mainquest.

I have/had much fun with the game, the soundtrack is tasty, the characters are nice, some shootouts are terrific and demanding and the effects when hit are just plain great as they make you run for cover to get back your vision and stamina.

The campaign length is a bit too short imo, but I never get enough of things I like anyway.

I don´t really understand what people think when they say it´s arcady. Play it on ultrahard and get your realism :-)

Hey.. they finally released a patch but they did alot more than that :eek: .

http://www.cojmodding.com/?id=home

Official chromED for level design and plugins for 3DS and stuff with quite a few SP and MP maps ready to go, thats some great support for a multiplatform game uh?

check out the tutorial section for chromED > http://www.cojmodding.com/?id=tutorials :eek: .

Edited by Heatseeker

damn thats alot of support, tried the game but I really hate the duels, they totally make me hate the game :D It feels a bit silly when I could have shoot 'em down really easy in standard mode :P

Tremendous game but I experienced some crashing, way too much :/ Everything is so excellent in this game like overall wild west atmosphere, great voice acting, landscapes and smokin gunz.

Wow and I didn't know that they released a patch fixing all that crashing stuff, anyways downloading now.

Things not cool in CoJ:BiB.

-Radar with waypoint marker. Heck, I want to explore the land on my own! This stuff is a real plague these days. They implement this idiocy to all sorts of fpp's. There should be at least radar switch off option for those that want to roam freely.

- No more first aid kits. Why? Another plague in fpp games. Instead of picking up some good old meds on the way, player has to suck his own thumb till the red stains on his face disappear and then he can pop out and frag em in Clint Eastwood's style.

The new Wolfenstein has both of these two features included. No meds and radar. Ok scred meds on hardcore it's a challenge, they can easily kill you but that radar thing's for morons.

Played the demo, well to arcadey! Even more than COD!

+1

I thought being listed on this forum there might be a sliver of tact play but i've played this before -different setting. Enemies always appearing at the same spot when you trigger them (here comes that wagon again), maybe 50 ft of lateral freedom, and an AI mate who can take a ton of punishment!

Would be nice if someone made a more freeworld version of the Cowboy theme because this is a great era for some old-school combat.

Overall gametime is rather short, was fun nevertheless. Great storytelling since the game reveal the story that lead to the original CoJ, was nice to play the refferend as youngster.

Like Commando84 said, the duells are a little annoying, more fun with a controller then a mouse i guess.

Missed that the gun would fall apart after longer usage, was a nice feature of the original CoJ.

just played this myself and liked it also. I think I liked the music the most lol, really puts you in the mood! Also the depth-of-field is probably the best I've seen in a game (has a few flaws but still really good imo). I actually played it twice choosing the same guy for every mission just to see what I missed. Story kinda gets shaky towards the end; but that's typical "hollywood" type games.

As for it being "arcady", I don't think it ever claims to be a sim of any sorts, just good fun.

It's just nice to see something original, I'm tired of WWII themed games

One thing I noticed though is the voices in the narrations sound like they were recorded at 64kb/s...They need better audio compression or something because it's almost like they're talking thru a tin can.

Edited by No Use For A Name