Sign in to follow this  
muttly

need help

hi all

arma 2 fried 1 of my 8800gt just bought my self gtx295 got pc man round to install it every thing working tried loading arma2 up and pc bloke fucked around with few things tried to get it to work with out the cd in it and now it wont uninstall or load up when i use add/remove programs and try and uninstall it i get this message !!!MISSING STRING and when i try to load it up i get this message no entry .'profilepatch default'. and then this ...shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data)what the fucks he done really want see arma2 run with my new card:(

running windows xp

intel® core2 Quad cpu

q6600 @2.40ghz

2gb ram

gtx295 190.drivers

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

some 1 help please just being able to uninstall the game would help !!!MISSING STRING what does that mean

I was not there so am only guessing....

he could have done a number of things such as:

dload a nocd crack which replaces the genuine exe file

he could have tried some game file editing

he could have made a cd image that is loaded with virtual drive software.

Personally I have found that in cases like yours it is often just easier to delete all traces of the program using good cleaner software and/or reloading vga drivers.

If you cant use or find the cleaner software or are not happy to edit your registry etc reinstall the game over the install that is there it may replace /fix any files that are screwed or missing.

hope this helps good luck.

ps I have seen and heard this "pc expert" story so many times

Edited by dogz
addition

yea should just told him to leave it my fault but ill try reinstalling it over the game see if it works another thing i notcied coz it said patch default bla bla bla i thought id try installing 1.03 again but get loads of errors pop up addons animals aircraft ect :confused: what i see him do was copy arma2 exe type some thing else in it then deleted it or some i duno :(

k reinstalling now over the top of it bit pissed with the fact i cant reinstall thow and just start over bet get same stupid errors

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

must be some thing he done CoH and empire total war work ok:j:

Edited by muttly

hi all

arma 2 fried 1 of my 8800gt just bought my self gtx295 got pc man round to install it every thing working tried loading arma2 up and pc bloke fucked around with few things tried to get it to work with out the cd in it and now it wont uninstall or load up when i use add/remove programs and try and uninstall it i get this message !!!MISSING STRING and when i try to load it up i get this message no entry .'profilepatch default'. and then this ...shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data)what the fucks he done really want see arma2 run with my new card:(

running windows xp

intel® core2 Quad cpu

q6600 @2.40ghz

2gb ram

gtx295 190.drivers

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

some 1 help please just being able to uninstall the game would help !!!MISSING STRING what does that mean

that is what i get as well hmm

that is what i get as well hmm

oh noes:( might be the new card then? fucking hope not £400 down toliet well reinstalling it over the old version atm hopefully it work i dont see any other guys with the gtx295 saying anything about this thow

Dont worry,its not your new card!

Gtx 295 FTW! :yay:

k good to hear..taking ages to reinstall about 70% complete atm so fingers crossed might fixed it 505 version comes with 1.01 right? can i go straight for 1.03 or have to install 1.02 first

infact i dont understand why should be doin any of this bollox i had 1.03 any way really annoeyed

Edited by muttly

:yay::yay::yay:

it works and looks fucking awesome time take out eddie and footmunches f16 for a spin :D:D

this thread can now be deleted lol