Sign in to follow this  
michielr

C-130 alternative config

Hi,

This is something I wrote the other day to fix two issues I have with the ARMA 2 C-130J, a) the number of troopers that fit in the cargo hold (25) and b) the nose wheel steering on the ground.

The code below will allow you to transport 64 paras (as per the real life specs) and will enable taxiing (at least on the Utes strip).

Soldiers 26-64 will hover somewhere in the hold as there are no cargo positions (probably impossible to fix without the model).

class CfgVehicles {
class Plane;	// External class reference
class C130J;	// External class reference

class C130J_PARA : C130J {
	displayName = "C130J Para";
	transportSoldier = 64;
	wheelSteeringSensitivity = 5;
};
};

Hope this is helpful for anybody!

Not trying to necro an old thread, but THIS WORKS! We even have a decent size runway at Prozakhar Airfield in CLAfghan, but this is the icing on the cake to a problem that's plagued us for some time. I think the BTK Cargo scripts already allow us to add passengers (and vehicles/crates as well), but Nose Wheel Steering in Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead is a wishlist item, and I'm glad to check it off the list.

To use this, just copy everything in that code box up there to your Description.ext file. (where your CfgSounds and CfgMusic are). It seems both terms Description and Configuration match both the Config and Description files we using in Arma, but this tid bit goes square in the DESCRIPTION.EXT

Eternal thanks!