Sign in to follow this  
Raddik

Uber Air Combat V1.2 Beta (MP)

Update - September 9, 2009:

Hey Everyone,

I've been working on adding a steam catapult on the LHD near Utes for this mission. It's been a week or so and I wanted to show what I've been able to put together thus far.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIT0xpWgw6o&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIT0xpWgw6o&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mission features about an hour of intense air and guerrilla combat action.

Features:

• BluFor only Co-op gameplay for up to 20 players
  • Dual Primary Objectives include destroying all OpFor aircraft & destroying all OpFor ground/anti-air assets.
  • Full featured LHD base with respawning resources including:
  • 10 custom outfitted F35-B aircraft with 8 Sidewinder missiles, 2 Maverick AG missiles, and 600 rounds of GAU12 cannon ammo.
  • 1 custom outfitted AV-8 'Harrier' aircraft with 8 Sidewinder missiles, 2 Maverick AG missiles, and 600 rounds of GAU12 cannon ammo.
  • 1 custom outfitted AH1-Z 'Apache' helicopter with 6 Sidewinder missiles, 8 Hellfire missiles, 38 Hydra missiles, and 1500 rounds of M197 cannon ammo.
  • Fuel, Ammo, and Repair trucks on LHD deck.
  • Scripting that creates 50+ enemy aircraft placed randomly around the map, with only 8 alive at any given moment.
  • Full guerrilla warfare role w/2 5-man teams of independent soldiers tasked with helping the Americans destroy the OpFor anti-air assets. NEW
  • OpFor infantry to guard anti-air installations and other surprises. NEW
  • Weapons cache at independent spawn and two respawning vehicles for transport. NEW
  • Full briefing.

Future "WIP" Features:

• Intro and outro cinematics.
  • LHD catapult launch effect for fixed-wing aircraft.
  • Enemy count information on HUD.

Change log:

V1.7

- Added full guerrilla warfare role to mission.

- Because of the later change, the max player count has been increased to 20.

- Moved the waypoints for the OpFor aircraft further away to the North and East of Utes. This gives the BluFor pilots a better chance to leave the LHD unharmed.

- Lowered the viewdistance to 6000m due to performance issues some players were having.

v1.6

- no longer beta

- new additions

- bug fixes

v1.3b

- longer viewdistance (7500m)

Available for download at Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6912

'How To' Video on how to do a short and fast take off using VTOL on LHD (Received many questions about this)

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqs6seia-sQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqs6seia-sQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Short clip of some in-game action

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwON6Y0Fexc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwON6Y0Fexc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Available to play on my server here:

b_560x95.png

Edited by Raddik
Feature and WIP Update

Is the viewdistance in MP a server setting or map setting? Or Both? Thanks for the link.

Best,

Raddik

Mission setting, unless none set it defaults to the server's default config value.

Version update to 1.6 (non-beta). See original post for information and changes.

Hi radick,

Looks like an awesome map. I wanted to play it online with my friends. i have downloaded the file and placed it in the MPMissions directory. BUT it dosen't show up on the mission list when i create a new MP game.

Can you help with this. should it go somewhere else?

Dean

Looks like an awesome map. I wanted to play it online with my friends. i have downloaded the file and placed it in the MPMissions directory. BUT it dosen't show up on the mission list when i create a new MP game.

I had the same problem and fixed it by renaming the PBO so it ends in '.utes.pbo' e.g. 'co_12_uber_air_combat.utes.pbo'. The mission should then show up when you select Utes as the map.

Sorry bout that gents. I renamed it and forgot to add the map name. The download should be updated in 5 min or so.

Raddik

just wanted to thank you for this awesome mission. my friends and i have been looking for a one like this since arma2 came out...we found it on armaholic. best air combat map for arma 2. when will you add the catapult feature, that would be epic. thanks again.

turk

Just added an HD Youtube video to the first post on short/fast VTOL take offs. I've received many emails about this lately and thought this would help. :)

I also added a short in-game clip of me taking out a T-90 with a Maverick missile in a low altitude fly over. Of course I get blown away right after.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:12 PM ----------

New version (1.7) with major updates just posted.

Edited by Raddik

One of the main problems I have, when playing solo is that I can't even get off the carrier without being hit by a missile :)

Once Mando Missiles is released this should make life a little easier !

Good mission though !

@Kremator

Yeah, that is one of the major fixes in 1.7. :) Give it a whirl and report back if you can. Thanks.

Raddik

Yo Raddik nice to see people are enjoy your map instead of just at my place or our LANs lol

We should make some more and get a map cycle going for the server. Should come over tonight we can start work on something :)

New WIP update in on original post. Two words, 'Steam' 'Catapult'.

New WIP update in on original post. Two words, 'Steam' 'Catapult'.

Nice job looking forward to your next update should be great!

Thanks guys.

@Turk

I'll release 1.8 within a week. My initial thought is the A10 is too big to fit on the LHD. However, things are set up on the far end so it might be possible. I'll tinker with that and get back to you. Thanks for the idea.

Raddik

Great mission Raddik, one thing tought. For the next release you may want to make it RKSL-Compatible? AFAIK you only have to add a piece of code to the description.ext, something like the following:

//RKSL FLares
class RKSL_RadarSys
{
radarflareon=1;
radarflareai=1;
radarflareplayer=1;
radarflarekeypress=1;
radarflareir=1;
radarflareprob=0.6;
radarflarescan=1;
radarflaredivisor=3.5;
radarflaredirmax=3;
radarflarepitchmax=0.1;
radarflareeffects="\rksl\rksl-radarsys\effects\rksl_biseffects.sqf";
}; 

Just saying tho, as your mission is air-vehicle focused, might be a good idea to enhance the planes survivability

I would shure be nice to play Uber AirCombat with the flares attached and the Great catapult system aswell :), isnt it posible to make aa version where both teams have the same planes available but with different coloured skins only to make out who is who :)